Heart of Glass - what a tangled web... (SPOILERS)

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Heart of Glass - what a tangled web... (SPOILERS)

Post by CKDad »

SPOILER ALERT. You have been warned.
I'm preparing to run Heart of Glass at my FLGS and have been re-reading the module again. In my reading, I kept coming across NPCs who had dual or sometimes triple loyalties - spies, informers, plants, etc. People who are allies or potential allies of some people or factions, but rivals of others, and always with their own agendas. I think a full third of the Crna Ruk in the Sea Towns are infiltrators in one or another form, for example, though I have to make another pass through to be sure.

The web is so complex that I knew I'd never keep it all straight in my head - who is working for Malcolm directly, who could direct the PCs to Michael Bagleton, who might be informing on them to the Governess-General, etc. So I sat down in the store tonight with a pad of graph paper and started to map it all out...

Well, it doesn't exactly look like a plate of spaghetti thrown against the wall, but maybe like a Spirograph drawing from when I was a little kid. And that's a good thing. :) I'm going to try and clean it up and make an electronic version to share.

The complexity of connections and potential plot hooks and dead ends that are packed into that book is really surprising. I'm really looking forward to running this, and I expect I can keep these folks busy in the Sea Towns all summer.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

dachda
Lore Drake

Re: Heart of Glass - what a tangled web... (SPOILERS)

Post by dachda »

I'd love to see your electronic copy of your notes! I agree that module is a bundle of complexity. Have fun running it! Would love to run it someday myself.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

This ought to be worth many points of some sort. Perhaps we ought to invent Troll Points -- hm, sounds too close to T&T's TVP.

Or we could go back to my original idea. TLG could award CKDad with a pony. With sparkles. (I've spent way too much time with the granddaughters!)
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Mind mapping software works well for visualizing that stuff.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com