Is there a series of adventures with a big meta-plot?

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
vivsavage
Red Cap

Is there a series of adventures with a big meta-plot?

Post by vivsavage »

I've been enjoying reading the old Warhammer series 'The Enemy Within.' Is there something comparable for C&C, meaning a series of interconnected adventures that have a strong overarching story?

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Is there a series of adventures with a big meta-plot?

Post by Buttmonkey »

The A series. It starts with A0 - The Rising Knight.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

BoomerET
Hlobane Orc

Post by BoomerET »

and ends w/ A-13?

BoomerET

vivsavage
Red Cap

Post by vivsavage »

Buttmonkey wrote:The A series. It starts with A0 - The Rising Knight.
What is the storyline (save me some time so I don't have to read the descriptions of all 13 parts!)?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I am not sure that the A series really does fit your specification. There is an overarching story, but sometimes it arches right over some of the modules; some seem to be only barely connected. Without the final module being finished, it's sort of hard to say what the whole story is. A13 is supposed to be as big as some of the hardcover manuals, so there could be a lot in there to tie the other modules together.

I haven't played Enemy Within though so can't comment on how much it is like that. Though, I only have played 2 of the A modules and felt free to comment on that, so... :).
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, the A series is connected by the fact that you are fighting the big bads minions, and as you work your way up their chain of minions you start to find out who/what is actually pulling all the strings, then you either run away in fear/horror, or you decide to start taking down the puppet masters, then possibly the Master itself. So early on the motivations are simply taking care of threats to the local populace. Then as you take care of that threat, you find another that was behind the first, that leads to cave complex's, ziggurats, towns, towers, and so on. As you dig deeper and deeper you become more and more aware of what is really going on behind it all.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Back in the day there was A Hero's Tale for 2nd ed. It's 10 adventures, one for each level 1-10. the tie-together is some mad archmage loses control of the Entropy Bell (iirc) which starts to spread chaos throughout the multiverse. its effects are random (natch) and all accompany a weird far off ringing sound. it might be 3 or 4 adventures before the players put it together. it climaxes at the extradimentional fortess of the wizard where teh PCs presumabley fix the universe.
I've always liked it.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I don't remember that one, and I am pretty sure I own all the 2E adventures. Is that a Dungeon mag series? Eh, I'll Google it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Looks like I might have missed one. I'll have to look to make sure I haven't just forgotten about it. Wouldn't be the first time I forgot gaming stuff I already own.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... worldof-20

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

yeah, that's the one.
It's very effective if you slip these adventures in between other ones so it isn't totally obvious at first, and then the 'a-ha' moment when teh players are like..." wait, didn't we hear the bell ringing thing that time... and that time... and when the ...." it's sort of fun just by itself.

I love it when a plan comes together. :-)
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781