C&C Modules Written for C&C

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

C&C Modules Written for C&C

Post by alcyone »

As has been well-documented, you can use C&C to run adventures written for any D&D-like game, generally converting on-the-fly. But the Rolls-Royces of C&C modules are those written for C&C. No conversion necessary, and already written to "feel" like C&C. Those modules that have been converted to C&C for you are almost as good, especially when the editor has been ruthless in cutting out mechanics that aren't required.

Today, there aren't that many options. There are a few free adventures, there are those published by Arcana Creations and Goodman Games, and of course there are the official Troll Lord products.

It was awfully cool of Mr. Goodman to make a few conversions available, but I don't think we'll see more of those; more's the pity. TLG have made enough modules to keep a CK busy, basically forever, and now with a variety of voices to choose from, if you don't like one style you can choose another. Some of these were written for C&C, some were converted from D20 or even a meta-system called Swords and Sorcery IIRC. Arcana Creations has a handful of products, including conversions of Brave Halfling products, like the well-regarded Ruins of Ramat.

Who else is making made-for-C&C or converted-to-C&C modules available? Any new licensees of the logo? Feel free to list your free modules here too; I am sure they are in other threads but they probably bear repeating.

There was a Sumerian saying -- "A scribe who can write in Sumerian, there is a scribe for you!" I will add to this wisdom -- "A module author who understands C&C, there is a module author for you!"
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: C&C Modules Written for C&C

Post by alcyone »

I know that Christina Stiles and James Mishler have done setting stuff, but any adventures?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I could.

I have the general outline and idea for five, disconnected, level series adventures. What that means is that each one is designed for a different set of levels... 1-3, 4 -6, 7-blah and the like but they are not tied together to form a campaign "arc." I don't like that idea, to be honest.

I know a few others have wanted to, and have made their own fan stuff... sometimes even posting it.

The "problem" is that you need permission to use certain things, like terms (SIEGE Engine, for example) as it is trademarked and not Open Content. So, it helps to get the OK from the Trolls first, and is suggested anyway. After all, they might even want to do it... which is how some modules got existed. ;)

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

The OGL homework is a little bit discouraging, as well as the further layer of politeness, not using any "gray area" stuff that might be strictly legal but steps on TLG's world.

For instance, Aihrde is big. It might be nice to write fan adventures for some part of the world not yet covered, but it doesn't seem to be explicitly condoned and material has been pulled before.

As far as writing for TLG, it doesn't seem they are casting the net for authors; the submission guidelines are buried or missing, and never really were up-to-date since I've been on any of the incarnations of the forums.

Anyway, I'm sure we'd all be glad to have your adventures, Serleran, though I can appreciate why you might be keeping them to yourself.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Well, this isn't really news but Arcana Creations is still in the game and fortune is finally turning favorably.

Once upon a time, 3 new modules were foretold ... and 3 *shall* appear by year end. Admittedly, I thought they'd be out months ago but, well, I'm not going to get into that.

After these three, I have one other confirmed C&C project and should all these projects do well enough, I will start looking for other manuscripts. Ideally, I'd like to do 3 C&C related releases a year going forward, or one big one.

As to writing material in Aihrde, I think some of the Society / KotC stuff can be set in Aihrde but things are still a work in progress there.

M

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

moriarty777 wrote:Well, this isn't really news but Arcana Creations is still in the game and fortune is finally turning favorably.

Once upon a time, 3 new modules were foretold ... and 3 *shall* appear by year end. Admittedly, I thought they'd be out months ago but, well, I'm not going to get into that.

After these three, I have one other confirmed C&C project and should all these projects do well enough, I will start looking for other manuscripts. Ideally, I'd like to do 3 C&C related releases a year going forward, or one big one.

As to writing material in Aihrde, I think some of the Society / KotC stuff can be set in Aihrde but things are still a work in progress there.

M
That has awesome sauce all over it.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Sloooooowwwly, Darker Age Press is working on adventures, too. Although they are going to be set in World of Phantasie, they should be portable to any homebrew world or the like. And the general plan right now is to definitely have those adventures set for C&C.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

While they may not be commercial the Knights of the Crusade and C&CS are open to modules and supplements being made for C&C. Since they will be run through TLG you will be able to use the SIEGE stuff and maybe some Aihrde material as well.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I'm slowly starting to gear up to writing again. Some of the results will be sent the way of KotC and will likely be available there once things are fully constructed at that end. My goal is open setting with story potential for the most part.

Some may be marked for bigger things if I feel especially ambitious or I feel that the project has turned out better than anticipated depending on the general reception of one such in progress.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."