Rising Knight revisited

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Rising Knight revisited

Post by Tadhg »

I've been re-reading this excellent module and thinking it was over 10 years ago that I ran it for my group.

If I get a chance to run another game, I think it might be cool to have the high priest Unguaith Kine fully raised and in charge of the temple.

Perhaps, an earlier adventure party failed and a PC was captured and sacrificed so allowing Unguaith's return to the living.

He knows a secret entrance to the 3rd level where he now resides . . Malforten is in serious trouble.

Thoughts?

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Rising Knight revisited

Post by tylermo »

Go for it. RK is worthy of some sort of continuation.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Because of how I interpreted that part of the module, and because my group wasn't thorough, they actually didn't destroy Unguaith, but walked away thinking they were done. He dogged their every step for months, biding his time to revenge himself.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

My players were almost in the same situation. They only thought they cleared the dungeon out. Sadly, they were TPKd in the mountain outpost from A1 shortly thereafter, so they never had to face the consequences of their failure.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Aergraith wrote:Because of how I interpreted that part of the module, and because my group wasn't thorough, they actually didn't destroy Unguaith, but walked away thinking they were done. He dogged their every step for months, biding his time to revenge himself.
Haha, nice.

Btw, I remember his stats as a skelly, a 1d8 creature. Did you increase his stats after he was raised?

He is supposed to be a high priest, after all!

Thx.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Buttmonkey wrote:My players were almost in the same situation. They only thought they cleared the dungeon out. Sadly, they were TPKd in the mountain outpost from A1 shortly thereafter, so they never had to face the consequences of their failure.
Ouch! But, that is :arrow: :lol:

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Aergraith wrote:Because of how I interpreted that part of the module, and because my group wasn't thorough, they actually didn't destroy Unguaith, but walked away thinking they were done. He dogged their every step for months, biding his time to revenge himself.
THAT is awesome.
a good nemesis makes a campaign fun!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

azcromntic
Ungern

Post by azcromntic »

I just bought some modules (all of them) in digital format; A0 included. I've been reading it through to CK a game and for the life of me I cannot find on the map at the beginning of the digital module where the temple Baleon Nakt is. It explains in the text of that part of the module but it doesn't make sense. Also, at the end, it says "The map on the following page is of the westernmost region of
New Aenoch. It shows the location of Malforten and Botkinburg in the “A” series. It also shows the location of several encounter areas: Vargolg, Kruggle’s Lair, Kuthrad Ondal, and Baleon Nakt." but there is no map following that page and again, the map at the beginning (in combination with the text description of the temple's location) is a bit confusing. Not to mention that the map at the beginning of the module shows New Aenoch to be WEST of Malforten so how is it that a map, that doesn't exist in the module, is going to show me westernmost region of New Aenoch INCLUDING the area of Malforten (when Malforten is EAST of New Aenoch)?

Anyone can help?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

azcromntic wrote:I just bought some modules (all of them) in digital format; A0 included. I've been reading it through to CK a game and for the life of me I cannot find on the map at the beginning of the digital module where the temple Baleon Nakt is. It explains in the text of that part of the module but it doesn't make sense. Also, at the end, it says "The map on the following page is of the westernmost region of
New Aenoch. It shows the location of Malforten and Botkinburg in the “A” series. It also shows the location of several encounter areas: Vargolg, Kruggle’s Lair, Kuthrad Ondal, and Baleon Nakt." but there is no map following that page and again, the map at the beginning (in combination with the text description of the temple's location) is a bit confusing. Not to mention that the map at the beginning of the module shows New Aenoch to be WEST of Malforten so how is it that a map, that doesn't exist in the module, is going to show me westernmost region of New Aenoch INCLUDING the area of Malforten (when Malforten is EAST of New Aenoch)?

Anyone can help?
In all seriousness, make a new map that makes sense.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

azcromntic
Ungern

Post by azcromntic »

:-) okay

I read a few other posts here that seemed to indicate a reliable map is hard to find. I will do as you prescribed. thanks.

mmbutter
Red Cap

Post by mmbutter »

See attached image.
Attachments
Location of Baleon
Location of Baleon
Baleon.jpg (72.45 KiB) Viewed 7725 times

azcromntic
Ungern

Post by azcromntic »

Lol. Well that's embarrasing. Thank you for the reading lesson.