One on One Adventures

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

One on One Adventures

Post by alcyone »

Every once in a while I bring this up. I'd like to see Troll Lord making a series of one-on-one adventures for 1 CK and 1 player, for each of the 13 classes, or at least each of the 6 primes.

These are very useful for people who find themselves with one person to play with, either on a regular basis or between other full sessions. They are good for "down time" adventures where everyone is waiting in town, training or whatever and someone wants to get caught up on treasure or xp.

There are some options today outside of C&C, and in some cases you can get through a full-sized module with hirelings, but adventures that are written for a particular class or class and race can minimize if not eliminate that need.

For non-C&C adventures, there are the O modules (Gem and the Staff, Blade of Vengeance) for D&D, modules like Eye of the Serpent for AD&D 1e, the HHQ (Fighter's Challenge, Cleric's Challenge, etc.) modules for AD&D 2e, as well as the Expeditious Retreat One on One series for Pathfinder.

If TLG is not interested in producing these, maybe we can contribute them ourselves for the C&C Society, if it ever starts putting stuff up to share.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: One on One Adventures

Post by Treebore »

The XRP ones are pretty easy to convert to C&C. I've been thinking about writing up all my privately created adventures and making them publishable, and I have a nice one on one I did many years ago with the Thief class that I could try putting together. Unfortunately I only have one page of notes that have survived to this day, so would have to dig deep into my memories to try and recall the rest.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Good idea, this. I do recall you mentioning this in the past, Aergraith.

Like Tree, I have created several 1 on 1 adventures for my nephews in my gaming group when we couldn't get the whole gang together. I'll have to review my notes.

One as I recall was a simple kidnapping of a farmer's daughter (or was it a cow? - hmm, I think I cloned the adventure for another nephew on a different occasion! :lol: ) by goblins. A young fighter was willing to try a rescue. He was able to find an aspiring wizard NPC to join him. The farmer's brother was a low level ranger who could guide the 2 adventurers up the cave where they thought the goblins might be hiding. The ranger would not fight, but would stay with the farmer's nags.

And thus a fun and easy 1 on 1 adventure was had. My nephew enjoyed it immensely!

I like the idea of perhaps contributing some 1 on 1 adventures to the C&C Society!
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

As an alternative or stop gap measure, I suggest checking out Scarlet Heroes. It's a rules set that fits on top of D&D games that allows a single PC to play through scenarios designed for a full party. I tried it with C&C and it worked great. My player (only one guy showed up that session) enjoyed the hell out of it. The additional rules for Scarlet Heroes are fairly minimal.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Buttmonkey wrote:As an alternative or stop gap measure, I suggest checking out Scarlet Heroes. It's a rules set that fits on top of D&D games that allows a single PC to play through scenarios designed for a full party. I tried it with C&C and it worked great. My player (only one guy showed up that session) enjoyed the hell out of it. The additional rules for Scarlet Heroes are fairly minimal.
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... Quickstart
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.