What will be the name of A13?

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Michael Montalto
Ungern

What will be the name of A13?

Post by Michael Montalto »

Hello all.

I was recently at Gen Con introducing my youngest son Luke to the con and had a chance to meet the trolls. As I was looking through some of the materials, I was talking quite a bit with Tyler. One question that I totally forgot to ask him about was the "big book" that is due out for the adventure A-series. I know that it's supposed to be A13 and I believe I saw a website article about it once. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it is, what it's name is or anything about it. I just remember being excited about it.

I just finished running my players through A0 and we had a lot of fun killing Gritznak. I intend on running my players through a small "who dun it" sort of side quest before introducing them to A1-Assault on Blacktooth Ridge.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

-mM

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: What will be the name of A13?

Post by Rigon »

I believe it is going to be called Aufstrag or maybe the Ruins of Aufstrag.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

I thought the working title was "Trespassers will be violated!"

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

The Trolls released a PDF teaser to the a C&C Kickstarter. You'll find it in the stretch goals here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... escription. The title of that 15 page PDF was "Aufstrag Preludes" but the stretch goals included 5 books for Aufstrag (at least). The Preludes PDF is pretty cool. In it it gives an overview of Aufstrag and what we can look forward to seeing in the forthcoming adventures. According to the PDF, "...Aufstrag consists of The Deeps and three separate
Wards, Klarglich, the Halls, and the Citadel. These are crowned by the Aeries." (page 8 of Austrag Preludes, by TLG)

In the Kickstarter they had 5 named expansion for this. Here is what they mentioned about each (as they were stretch goals)
Aufstrag Megadungeon Part 1: This affords us enough wiggle room to at last begin producing Aufstrag, the mega dungeon. A0-A12, already in print, end at the doorstop of this massive edifice. 20-24 pages. Includes the lower halls called the Bone Pit.

Aufstrag Megadungeon Part 2 The Horned God's Acre: Now we are committed. This 18-24 page adventure explores the second floor of the 21+ level megadungeon

Aufstrag Megadungeon Part 3 The Gallery of Souls: Climb ever higher into the bowels of the most wicked place in all the world of Aihrde. Here the souls of the wicked and foul are harvested.

Aufstrag Megadungeon Part 4 The Red Fort: Climb ever higher into the bowels of the most wicked place in all the world of Aihrde.The abandoned barracks of the Unklar the Horned God's first host. The halls were emptied in the long Winter Dark Wars, but since those days, other creatures have taken up residence. Tis rumored that here lie the interests of the Lord of Flies

Aufstrag Megadungeon Part 5 The Hall of Chains: Now you've entered the Klarglich. the second Ward of Aufstrag, here gather the souls of the damned. This level with full size poster art rendering the profile of Aufstrag, the mightiest fortress in the world.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Hello, Michael. So, you're the guy who got trapped in my hour-long sales pitch? ;) Seriously, I'm glad your game went well. A0 is a fantastic starter adventure. I hope you'll keep us up to date on your entire A-series campaign. Thank you very much for giving C&C a shot.

Michael Montalto
Ungern

Post by Michael Montalto »

Tyler - we're gonna head into A1 after a short stint into the old D&D classic The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. I'd like to get them to about 4th or 5th level before I move them into Ravenloft.

It was great to meet you. Very informative sales presentation. I really enjoyed it.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

You're very kind, Michael. It's not really a presentation, as much as it is an "informative ramble". hahah

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:You're very kind, Michael. It's not really a presentation, as much as it is an "informative ramble". hahah
Wait Tylermo just kinda went on and on and on and on and on about a TLG product?

This must be a false truth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I was hoping for a title like "Unklar's Cattle Ranch", or "Unklars Vacation Home", or "Unklars Resort Accommodations".
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

A13: The Fonz.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Good one, Jordan. :lol:

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

serleran wrote:A13: The Fonz.
:lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa! (<-- 13 A's)
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax