View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Questions/Misprints about DB3 - Deeper Darkness 
Ungern

Post Questions/Misprints about DB3 - Deeper Darkness
Just got this, reading it and enjoying.. however, I have run into a couple questions for the author, or any chap who has run this..

In room 4-4, there is an half elf named Mirazha.. the stat line has him male, but the personal history has her female.

In room 4-14 there is supposedly a Big Bad monster who comes if the PC's are greedy. The stats for this critter are not given, instead the stats for the creatures in room 4-13 are reprinted.

I also see scattered thru the module text the occasional "3" .. which may be a font issue from transfering the file to print.

Just some thoughts.. and I haven't even started level 5 yet.

-Porkuslime

Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:28 pm
Ungern

Finished it up.. those Thune are nasty nasty!

I was a little taken aback, as the various Thune creatures were described.. but at the end of the bestiary there is stats and abilities of the Thune Hound.. but no description. I can imagine what they look like, based on other Thune critters, but this leaped out as a omission.

Pretty good overall though.. I intend to start a HH campaign here soon and this is great to see.

-P

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:00 pm
Red Cap

Hmm, thune hounds are supposed to look like a cross between a thune and a greyhound.

I'll look into the Big Bad that was omitted or possibly detailed in a different room.

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:04 am
Red Cap

My text of it lists

Earth Elemental: HD 10, Hp 43, AC 19, AL N, Saves (P); Atk: Slam (2d8); Special: Earth Mastery, Darkvision 60 ft. Earth Glide, Regeneration.

Don't have a print copy yet so dun know why it didnt come out correctly unless the editor fiddled or the software F'ed up.

And yup, totally left out the descript of the Thune Hound.

Thune Hound: A sleek, medium sized hairless quadroped with he lamprey like mouth and lifeless black eyes common amongst thune creatures. The thune hound is used by thune as hunters and guardians of their subterranian outposts.

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:03 pm
Red Cap

Post Highborns, maws and other goodness
Here are a couple more illo's I did of the Thune beings.

Click on these to get a bit bigger pic of the critters as I imagined them while writing this adventure.

Case

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:12 pm
Ungern

Hey Thanks!!!!!!!!! That stat block has been printed out and stickied in my copy. Bless you! (or perhaps, more properly, Curse you! Bowbe!)

I really do like the module.. and appreciate your time to respond.

-Porkuslime

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]