View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Haunted Highlands: Brother Frosk 
Skobbit

Post Haunted Highlands: Brother Frosk
DB1-3 all refer in passing to the mysterious Brother Frosk who dwells at Dirty Bowbe's Roadhouse but provide virtually no details on him. Is there any 'official' material on him and his motives?

Thanks, Tom

Wed May 14, 2008 3:46 pm
Red Cap

Post Re: Haunted Highlands: Brother Frosk
Quote:
thwill wrote:
DB1-3 all refer in passing to the mysterious Brother Frosk who dwells at Dirty Bowbe's Roadhouse but provide virtually no details on him. Is there any 'official' material on him and his motives?

Thanks, Tom

I don't believe so. Also I'm not sure if he's based off of someone (rather that person's character) or I got the wrong impression..though I do know of other names that have background outside of published material.

ShaneG.

Wed May 14, 2008 8:35 pm
Maukling

Post Re: Haunted Highlands: Brother Frosk
I'll point Casey to this thread. He's the only one who's going to have a real answer. ^_~`

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Fri May 16, 2008 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

Post Frosk
Unlikely that stats will ever be provided for brother Frosk. That said, there is no doubt more material in the works that reference him and his varied powers.

I tend to use him in the vein of "Dungeon Master" from the cartoon or as FR people use Eliminster or Volo the Bard. (Not necessarily as powerful by any means, merely smart enough to avoid being ganged up on and killed for his gear).

He knows a lot of stuff, needs a lot of stuff, can send you on adventures, but your probably never going to get an "encounter" beyond that with him.

That said. Frosk isn't immortal, isn't a god or even a demigod. He is more or less human, and really really wierd.

His motives are more or less central to chaos in terms of personal liberty/choice and free will but neutral on the "good/evil" axis though his maxim is to use evil to devour evil if that helps?

Currently Karbosk is more or less in the noose of evil, so he is looking for some grease to help slip that noose and get back to a more lassais faire world.

Case

Sun May 18, 2008 12:10 am
Skobbit

I wasn't really looking for stats, but motives (which I now have) and a physical description would be nice ... I suppose I could come up with one myself; I guess I'm just being lazy.

I also thought I'd read somewhere in DB1 that Frosk was a follower of Soagoth, but given what you said in your reply, and the fact that I can't now find that reference, I'll just assume it was a delusion brought on by too many Barbarians.

Looking forward to DB4 and 5, 6, ...

Tom

Mon May 19, 2008 12:19 pm
Red Cap

hahaha.... you know it prolly did say that.

Make him bald, stout, about 6 ft built like a wrestler (greco roman) wearing multicolored robes. Under it should be chainmail or full plate if encountered in a threatening environment. He wears a simple iron rod at his belt and is known to carry a trident or other poking device from time to time.

Case

Mon May 19, 2008 9:37 pm
Skobbit

Not how I had originally envisioned him when I read DB1 ... dark robes, deep hood, skulking behavior, sibilant tongue.

But then again if I had described him like that the Barbarians that pretend to be my players would have had a go at him already
Tom

Wed May 21, 2008 7:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]