Challenge level on modules

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Dan

Challenge level on modules

Post by Dan »

I have looked all over on the Ck screen, PHB and in the 4 modules in front of me. Where is it explained what the Challenge level of a module means? And Shades of Mist has a challenge level of 4 but no suggested character level. So what is the character level there?

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Challenge level is what the general, basic, average, whatever CL of the SIEGE Checks in that module should be. Generally character level should be around that.

Though, they'v enever really done a hard, fast "this is what it means" that's how I've always took it.

So, CL 4 would be 3rd-5th level to me.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Challenge level is what the general, basic, average, whatever CL of the SIEGE Checks in that module should be. Generally character level should be around that.

Though, they'v enever really done a hard, fast "this is what it means" that's how I've always took it.

So, CL 4 would be 3rd-5th level to me.

That's exactly what it means.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach