View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
HH: Old Fort 
Maukling

Post HH: Old Fort
The western edge of the duchy has Old Fort sitting along it's border. I plan on doing what I want with the location anyways, but am curious if it will get mention in the eventual upcoming folio.

A knight, captain, or whatever run the location, charged with keeping the western border area secure? Any name of anyone calling shots out that way?

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:42 pm
Battle Stag

Casey did mention at one point a long time ago that many of the areas seen on the original HH map would be described, and more would be added (villages, keeps, etc). Whether this is going to be in the forthcoming HH folio or not is not known to me, but it seems likely.

-O

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

My crackberry doesnt like these freeyabb forums
Yeah several villages and ruins are detailed in the "DM ONLY" portion of the HH box. Several of these are reminiscent of the stuff from the original HH module that started it all, with mini adventures built right in.

There will be a 8ish page adventure for 1st level guys attached to the quickstart rules in much the same fashion as the other quickstart rules but this one is unique to the setting.

Some cosmological info (the deity write ups in print, some info on the 4 and 7 demons and devils of the rings of hell and abyssal nether.

We got alt rules for various character classes and a mess of other stuff.

As for the old fort. Have at it. Eventually TJ says he is going to have something official for it. My thoughts were it was a quixotic fort full of very old soldiers and country bumpkins as the main line fighting men had moved on to the east.

All that in the box plus a handfull of dice so folks not familiar with the setting who pick up the box can jump right into a C&C adventure and have the setting material at their disposal for instant play. If they pick up the modules aferwards even better. Should be a lot of easter eggs for you faithful folk who've been with the HH since the beginning!

C.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 am
Maukling

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:57 am
Battle Stag

That is like... totally awesome. I'm glad to hear that plans for this product are being made. I'm totally jazzed about this.

But, who is TJ ~ another writer for this project?

-O

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

Omote wrote:
That is like... totally awesome. I'm glad to hear that plans for this product are being made. I'm totally jazzed about this.

But, who is TJ ~ another writer for this project?

-O

TJ... TacoJohn I believe.

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

-O

Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

Yup, Taco John helped out with the villages!

C.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]