View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Low Level modules 
Lore Drake

Post Low Level modules
Is it just me or is C&C kind of lacking on the starting level modules?

Know your roll!

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:46 pm
Battle Stag

You know how many modules give a range of levels? For example, many modules say levels 1-3, 4-6, etc. are advised for play. I always wanted to see a series of modules designed for 1st level play, and then from there have another series for levels 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc.

~O

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

Omote wrote:
You know how many modules give a range of levels? For example, many modules say levels 1-3, 4-6, etc. are advised for play. I always wanted to see a series of modules designed for 1st level play, and then from there have another series for levels 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc.

~O

I seen a few for D&D that were either strictly for level 1 or level 1-2. Goodman Games did some of them and I cant tell you the others because I got a lot of books boxed up at the moment (getting ready to move soon).

Know your roll!

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:13 pm
Mogrl

Yeah, Goodman did that big thick DCC of strictly level 1 adventures. Good book to own, IMO.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:32 pm
Greater Lore Drake

http://bravehalflingpublishing.com/blog ... crusades1/

here's a good one.... another on the way by years end..... (yes, I know, "year's end" doesn't help you NOW, but you know... we're working on it).

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:
Yeah, Goodman did that big thick DCC of strictly level 1 adventures. Good book to own, IMO.

Cool! got a name or link to help me out?

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:41 pm
Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:

Oh, definitely. Twenty module sized adventures , hardback, you cant go worng with that.

I know I saw some strictly level 1 adventure modules for D&D besides GGames.

*gnaaaaagh* nope. Still not remembering.
(GGames Fear Factory series had one, too.)

Know your roll!

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:41 pm
Mogrl

Relaxo wrote:
Cool! got a name or link to help me out?

The mighty Treebore provides:
http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetai ... _GenreID_E

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:12 am
Greater Lore Drake

the mighty Treebore is, as always, FRICKIN" SWEET!!!!

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:44 am
Battle Stag

Goodman Games had a 2nd low level adventure anthology published in one mighty hardback. Unfortunately I think these two hardback adventure books are not the cream of the crop adventure-wise. Some of them are downright lame and uninspiring. Though, I think that some of them can be used pretty much as is, and of course many more mined for ideas.

~O

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

Omote wrote:
Goodman Games had a 2nd low level adventure anthology published in one mighty hardback. Unfortunately I think these two hardback adventure books are not the cream of the crop adventure-wise. Some of them are downright lame and uninspiring. Though, I think that some of them can be used pretty much as is, and of course many more mined for ideas.

~O

Yeah, I certainly didn't like all 20 of them, but then again I think it would have been very unrealistic of me to expect to. I don't remember the exact number, but it was around 6 of them I didn't see myself ever using.

I am not sure I would call them "lame and uninspiring", but they certainly weren't to my tastes.

I think I have only bought the other compilation as a PDF, so I don't think I have read it yet. I am not exactly hard up for, or in need of, adventures in its level range either. I forget its "level", but remember it as being higher than 1st.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:55 pm
Battle Stag

Yes, I believe that the 2nd Goodman adventure compliation was for levels 4-6.

~O

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

Relaxo wrote:
*Ahem*
http://bravehalflingpublishing.com/blog ... crusades1/

here's a good one.... another on the way by years end..... (yes, I know, "year's end" doesn't help you NOW, but you know... we're working on it).

I already got that one. But besides it ... I guess there are a few. But it doesnt seem like a lot.

Know your roll!

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:46 pm
Hlobane Orc

A listing of EVERY DCC (and a few other D20 Goodman Adventures to boot) that Goodman published (paper modules that is) for D20 play.

I believe that they also published a few PDF only format adventures as well.

The chart below can be read as follows:

Suggested Challenge Level for PCs, then the official DCC Module # (#0 was a free Module given away at GenCon and game stores before Goodman got going full bore with the DCC Line), then the Name of Module (in Italics), then a short description.

The Two lines that are bolded are the two hardback books mentioned above...
Beginning level:

0 #0: Legends are Made, not Born Peasants beware! Low-level dungeon hazards, vermin, minions, and a drunken ogre

0 #35A: Halls of the Minotaur Deadly kobold traps, natural dangers, packs of feral dogs, and a mysterious basalt tower in the heart of the woods

1 #2: Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho What foul sorcery is this? Dungeon hazards and vermin that lead to kobolds bewitched by sorcery

1 #39: Ruins of Castle Churo (This one is the GM Screen insert module)The decimated remains of a wizard's tower - and the mysterious magical effects that remain

1 WFF#0: Temple of Blood An ancient temple. A sinister villain. And plenty of kobold ass to kick!
1-2 #29: The Adventure Begins TWENTY 1st-level adventures for every kind of campaign!

1-2 #31: The Transmuter's Last Touch A fantastic twist on the classic kobold dungeon!

1-3 #1: Idylls of the Rat King Wererat goblins, zombie miners, and an abandoned mine harboring an ancient secret

1-3 #24: Legend of the Ripper Mysterious ghosts, dangerous thugs, unexplained noises in the night, and the ancient secret of the sea elves

1-3 #28: Into the Wilds Bat-riding goblins, savage cannibals, evil rebels, and the legendary lost vault of Zamuk the Swift

1-3 #41: Lost Arrows of Aristemis Caravan raiders, slavers, and caves full of deadly humanoids!

1-3 #44: Dreaming Caverns of the Duergar Duergar and underdeep danger!

1-3 #45: Malice of the Medusa A dangerous battle against a deadly medusa!

1-3 WFF#1: Rumble in the Wizard's Tower A badass thrill ride against a warlord's hired goons, strange creatures, mystic traps, and powerful minions -- including the warlord's flame-flinging lover and the ghost of his murdered father. Plus: bullet time!

1-3 #51.5: The Sinister Secret of Whiterock A subterranean excursion that exposes heroes to the mysteries of Whiterock!

2 #11: The Dragonfiend Pact Snakes, spiders, badgers, and other cave hazards, leading to the dragonfiend and his pactmaster!

2-3 #42: Secret of the Stonearm A mysterious guild called the Stonehands and their magical augmentations

3 WFF#2: Against the Iron Giant The heroes must defeat a gigantic, iron-shod, town-crushing, monster-smashing war machine!

3 WFF#3: Throwdown with the Arm-Ripper The heroes must face the horrible Arm-Ripper to help a prince regain his missing appendage!

3-5 #3: The Mysterious Tower Dungeon hazards, a lost tomb, and strange magical traps that uncover a wizard's tower

3-5 #36: Talons of the Horned King A buried spaceship, flamethrowers, arctic orcs, and a dragon that shoots lasers from its eyes!

3-5 #43: Curse of the Barrens Barbarians, visions, totems, ice monsters, and the creatures of the North!
Medium Level

4-6 #17: Legacy of the Savage Kings A witch, her orcs, the lizardmen, their shaman, and the evil legacy of ancient barbarian kings

4-6 #26: The Scaly God Cave critters, troglodytes, underground denizens, and their horrid scaly god

4-6 #27: Revenge of the Rat King A devious urban trap set by evil slavers, featuring a wererat king and his minions

4-6 #3.5: The Haunted Lighthouse Shadows, wraiths, and the secrets of the cursed lighthouse!

4-6 #37: The Slithering Overlord A naga mastermind and his fortified underdeep lair, complete with grimlock centipede-riders, giant shimmering slugs, and drow warriors!

4-6 #35B: The Thief Lord's Vault A series of puzzles, monstrous challenges, and grand traps, each greater than the ones before.
4-6 #48: The Adventure Continues An adventure compilation that's perfect for the next step in a beginning campaign!

5 #4.5: My Friend the Formian More formians than you can shake a stick at, conquered only through guile and stealth

5-7 #7: Secret of Smuggler's Cove New terrors in each level! The undead keeper, a manor full of hazards, the smugglers, their locathah allies, and their evil master

5-7 #23: The Sunken Ziggurat Ancient Babylonian magic, strange tentacled monsters, new creatures of dubious origin, and the residual taint of Tiamat

6-7 #49: Palace in the Wastes A deadly trek through a lost palace dominated by battles between Chaos and Law!

6-8 #10: The Sunless Garden When treants go wild! Bugbears, owlbears, mutated plant monsters, and exploding apple traps; the lost smuggler caves; Nockmort the evil treant, and... the biggest secret of all?

6-8 #16: Curse of the Emerald Cobra Reptilian horrors! Lizardmen, yuan-ti, and new creatures like tzopiloani and inphidians.

6-8 #20: Shadows in Freeport Ghosts, demons, cults, and terrified pirates!

6-8 #34: Cage of Delirium Audio CD Enhanced Adventure. Infiltrate the long-abandoned, fire-scarred, and cursed halls of Haverthold Asylum

6-8 #47: Tears of the Genie Djinnis and desert dangers!

7-8 #5: Aerie of the Crow God Is that a harpy or not? Fowl feathered foes, an old fortress tainted by cannibalism, and the horrid creatures it's spawned; includes the new plague tar elemental, anaethema eagle, and rook

7-9 #8: Mysteries of the Drow Four evil episodes: underdark dangers; the lich and his guardians; remains of the drow stronghold; and the battle in the drow wizard's tower

7-9 #19: The Volcano Caves Hot, hot, hot! Lava-dwelling lobster-men called klaklin; a pyrohydra; dangerous hazards; an awakened spider and a blackguard genie; and a wish-enchanted NPC unlike anything you've ever faced before

7-9 #17.5: War of the Witch Queen A terrifying delve into a witch's domain, featuring horrors from a bygone age and haunted foes

7-9 #38: Escape from the Forest of Lanterns A demiplane that transforms the heroes into little children and sends them to defeat the Warty Witch in her candy cottage!

7-9 #40: Devil in the Mists Vengeful sahuagin, demonic taint, and a hidden Leviathan of the Dark Mists...

7-9 #50: Vault of the Iron Overlord The heroes explore a dungeon made of concentric rings that rotate both in-game and in the physical module as the heroes explore!

8-10 #6: Temple of the Dragon Cult Half-dragon horrors! Deadly dragon-blooded NPCs including fighters, sorcerers, and rogues with the wariest of tricks, supported by humanoid minions and a wounded red dragon

8-10 JG3: Dark Tower An ancient evil has overtaken a once holy shrine. Do you dare discover the secrets behind the myths?

9-11 #12: The Blackguard's Revenge Wights, wights, and more wights in an undead wave that seems to have no end, supported by mohrgs, their terrible master, and a last chance at redemption down in the crypt...

9-11 #25: Dread Crypt of Srihoz A vampire and his twisted tomb
High Level

10 #30: Vault of the Dragon Kings An evil dragon has penetrated the vault of the dragon kings in order to bring about a new age of dragons -- an age that has no place for the likes of man, dwarf or elf

10-12 #4: Bloody Jack's Gold Island peril: fiendish moray eels, deadly barracudas, and giant octopuses, with undead pirates protecting their hoard

10-12 JG1: The Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor Deadly brigands, vicious cultists, and the dusty treasures of the Dragon Kings!

11-13 #12.5: The Iron Crypt of the Heretics Three mighty vaults: ingenious traps, deadly puzzles, devious undead, and strange animated magicks

12-13 #18: Citadel of the Demon Prince Demonic danger: an evil cult, their demon allies, and an extraplanar fortress powered by soul engines

12-14 #21: Assault on Stormbringer Castle A giant's castle, her ogre minions, her magical trinkets, and her mysterious allies.

12-14 JG2: Citadel of Fire A classic battle against wizards and their minions

14-15 #15: Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen Dangers of the pyramids: ancient riddles, deadly puzzles, and Egyptian-themed enemies in the most thought-provoking DCC to date

14-16 #22: The Stormbringer Juggernaut Seafaring danger on a living ship crewed by giants and ogres

14-16 #32: Golden Palace of Zahadran A Persian city trapped under shifting sands occupied by exotic demons

15 #13: Crypt of the Devil Lich More unique opponents than we can list, culminating in the very scion of evil herself, the Devil Lich!
Epic Level

21-24 #33: Belly of the Great Beast An epic level adventure across the stars.

The first two compilation sets below are really just Box sets of several DCC modules put together from the first list above.

DCC Modules from shelves in the warehouses were pooled together to form Two long Campaigns by Goodman as a reason to creat the two box sets.
Multi-Level Compilations

1-10 Saga of the Dragon Cult An adventure path that sends the heroes across ereth in pursuit of the red dragon Pyraxus!

1-13 #14: Dungeon Interludes 6 nonconsecutive interconnected adventures that slowly uncover a common threat; episodes feature a xill huntsman, a fiendish wererat, a deadly crystal mine, a sinking wizard's tower, and more

Varies #46: Book of Treasure Maps Six adventures based on the classic concept of fantasy treasure maps

1-15 #51: Castle Whiterock A 700-page castle crawl that takes heroes all the way to 15th level!

0-10 #52: Chronicle of the Fiend A tournament module in three parts that sends the apprentice characters to avenge their master's death!

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]