View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:00 am



Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
[AC] - THE RUINS OF RAMAT - Oct.26th, 2009 
Author Message
Red Cap

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 293
Post 
Ordered this last night. Skimmed the pdf. Thumbs up. Couple of questions though. I noticed Ronan Skerry is listed as an upcoming product. What formats is it being re-released in? Is digest size going to be re-released? Are the standard size ones going to have added material or will they be the same?


Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:52 am
Profile
Renegade Mage
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 3735
Location: Montreal, Canada
Post 
Quote:
K2h2m3 wrote:
Ordered this last night. Skimmed the pdf. Thumbs up. Couple of questions though. I noticed Ronan Skerry is listed as an upcoming product. What formats is it being re-released in? Is digest size going to be re-released? Are the standard size ones going to have added material or will they be the same?



The Secret of Ronan Skerry is being re-released as a full sized module and this represents out first offering to be in distribution and a way for retail stores to easily order this product. The content for it is the same as the digest version and there have been no additions made to it save for maybe a piece of art or two.

When we first released Skerry as a digest we also began laying down the ground work for distribution releases. However, the digest format is not one that is popular for distribution and retail. Since the digest version was received so well, and the print run quickly sold out, it made sense to layout the scenario in a full-sized format for the purposes of distribution given its size.

The digest sized version of Skerry is officially out of print and will not be reprinted. Those of you that have it now own an official collectors item -- the first C&C title that BHP released. More importantly, those of you who own it do not need this re-release.

The other digest-sized releases we do for C&C (like the Ruins of Ramat) are likely to remain available in digest format only. There are no plans to re-release any of these as full-sized versions for the purposes of distribution. Future full-sized releases, such as the 'Trick on the Tain' for the first quarter of 2010, are likewise not going to see a digest-sized version.

That said, I hope that you and the others enjoy the 'Ruins of Ramat'. We have more stuff planned now that the machine has started to roll.
M
_________________
"You face Death itself in the form of... 1d4 Tarrasques!"

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:46 pm
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 293
Post 
Thanks a bunch for the answers moriarty.


Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:17 pm
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 880
Location: Herrin, IL
Post 
Well, the mom-and-pop printer I use for some of my modules ended up suffering from the flu last week (a husband & wife team) and did not ship me my print copies of "Ruins of Ramat," until today. I should have them first thing in the morning and everyone who has already ordered it will have their copy ship tomorrow as well.

They really are a great printer and wonderful to work with, so I can't complain. They also told me that, in the future, I should let them know when I have a deadline.
I'll post pictures of the print copies as soon as I get them.
_________________


John Adams


Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post 
Good! I look forward to seeing it!
_________________
The Ruby Lord, Earl of the Society

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:57 pm
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1946
Post 
Quote:
Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Well, the mom-and-pop printer I use for some of my modules ended up suffering from the flu last week (a husband & wife team) and did not ship me my print copies of "Ruins of Ramat," until today. I should have them first thing in the morning and everyone who has already ordered it will have their copy ship tomorrow as well.

They really are a great printer and wonderful to work with, so I can't complain. They also told me that, in the future, I should let them know when I have a deadline.
I'll post pictures of the print copies as soon as I get them.



Thank you for the notice.
_________________
The Rock says ...

Know your roll!


Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:43 pm
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 880
Location: Herrin, IL
Post 
They made it and I shipped all orders!
And here is the proof:

_________________


John Adams


Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Renegade Mage
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 3735
Location: Montreal, Canada
Post 
S W E E T !!!

M
_________________
"You face Death itself in the form of... 1d4 Tarrasques!"

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:11 pm
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 880
Location: Herrin, IL
Post 
This module is now available as a pdf only release (but remember, you get a free pdf when you buy the print version):
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=65697
http://bravehalflingpublishing.com/?p=176

It will also be up on Yourgamesnow.com soon, but that site give me troubles up-loading stuff sometimes.
_________________


John Adams


Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11558
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post 
Cool. Looking forward to dead-tree version to add to the C&C White Box.
~O
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Renegade Mage
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 3735
Location: Montreal, Canada
Post 
Quote:
Omote wrote:
Cool. Looking forward to dead-tree version to add to the C& Whote Box.
~O



Question... what will you do once that white box is 'full'? Or is that the plan -- these purchases just supply the excuse needed to get more C&C white boxes?
I love the digests myself, but between the APG digests, these, and a few others I've picked up along the way, I'm running out of digest-sized boxes to conveniently store them all.
M
_________________
"You face Death itself in the form of... 1d4 Tarrasques!"

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

_________________
Image


Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:54 pm
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 880
Location: Herrin, IL
Post 
Quote:
moriarty777 wrote:
Question... what will you do once that white box is 'full'? Or is that the plan -- these purchases just supply the excuse needed to get more C&C white boxes?
I love the digests myself, but between the APG digests, these, and a few others I've picked up along the way, I'm running out of digest-sized boxes to conveniently store them all.
M



Funny you should say that, I think a tiny rpg company is looking into offering some generic rpg boxes for just such emergencies.
_________________


John Adams


Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Renegade Mage
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 3735
Location: Montreal, Canada
Post 
Quote:
Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Funny you should say that, I think a tiny rpg company is looking into offering some generic rpg boxes for just such emergencies.



Yes... funny that.
M
_________________
"You face Death itself in the form of... 1d4 Tarrasques!"

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

_________________
Image


Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:25 pm
Profile
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11558
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post 
Quote:
moriarty777 wrote:
Question... what will you do once that white box is 'full'? Or is that the plan -- these purchases just supply the excuse needed to get more C&C white boxes?
I love the digests myself, but between the APG digests, these, and a few others I've picked up along the way, I'm running out of digest-sized boxes to conveniently store them all.



Yes, Mori I am nearly out of White Box room for more digest-sized supplements! Good thing I have all of the space available in the Towers of Adventure box set to compensate. When I run White Box games, all I bring is the C&C Collectors and the Towers of Adventure box sets. These carry everything I need so far. I even went out and picked up a digest-sized journal to keep all of my CK game/adventure notes in. And nicely, my CK journal fits right inside the box!

~O
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 880
Location: Herrin, IL
Post 
Quote:
Omote wrote:
When I run White Box games, all I bring is the C&C Collectors and the Towers of Adventure box sets. These carry everything I need so far. I even went out and picked up a digest-sized journal to keep all of my CK game/adventure notes in. And nicely, my CK journal fits right inside the box!

~O



You're my hero.
_________________


John Adams


Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11558
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post 
Quote:
Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Funny you should say that, I think a tiny rpg company is looking into offering some generic rpg boxes for just such emergencies.



Doooood! That is awesome.

~
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am
Posts: 3350
Post 
Quote:
Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Funny you should say that, I think a tiny rpg company is looking into offering some generic rpg boxes for just such emergencies.



Which one?

_________________
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781


Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 880
Location: Herrin, IL
Post 
Quote:
Relaxo wrote:
Which one?



I asked Steve to give me a quote for 100 digest boxes yesterday.
_________________


John Adams


Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am
Posts: 3350
Post 
I was kinda sorta kidding, boss.

_________________
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781


Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:09 am
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1946
Post 
Quote:
Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
This module is now available as a pdf only release (but remember, you get a free pdf when you buy the print version):
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=65697
http://bravehalflingpublishing.com/?p=176

It will also be up on Yourgamesnow.com soon, but that site give me troubles up-loading stuff sometimes.



So, no more book versions (I ordered one, I think)?
_________________
The Rock says ...

Know your roll!


Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:17 am
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 880
Location: Herrin, IL
Post 
Quote:
CharlieRock wrote:
So, no more book versions (I ordered one, I think)?



We have lots of print versions. I guess I may have worded it wrong. The pdf version is now also available for folks who do not want to buy the print version.
_________________


John Adams


Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10781
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Order placed . . looking forward to seeing this, John!!
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:23 am
Profile
Renegade Mage
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 3735
Location: Montreal, Canada
Post 
Quote:
Rhuvein wrote:
Order placed . . looking forward to seeing this, John!!



Please be sure to share your thoughts!

M
_________________
"You face Death itself in the form of... 1d4 Tarrasques!"

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:36 am
Profile
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11558
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post 
Got the deadtree version in, and it looks great. Can't wait to see more in the digest-sized lineup.

~O
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Renegade Mage
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 3735
Location: Montreal, Canada
Post 
Quote:
Omote wrote:
Got the deadtree version in, and it looks great. Can't wait to see more in the digest-sized lineup.

~O



I'm happy to hear that Omote! I'm not going to see the physical print product for some time yet so it's a very welcome thing to hear the the customers a liking the end result!

M
_________________
"You face Death itself in the form of... 1d4 Tarrasques!"

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:29 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post 
Mine arrived yesterday.
_________________
The Ruby Lord, Earl of the Society

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 am
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 293
Post 
Received mine today and I have to say I think it's pretty awesome!


Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 am
Profile
Ungern

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:00 am
Posts: 93
Post 
Got mine - very nice print version, further congratulations to all involved, great stuff.


Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:42 pm
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1946
Post 
I hate waiting for mail.
_________________
The Rock says ...

Know your roll!


Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 pm
Profile
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
Got mine today! Good looking little book. Nice little adventure.
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.