View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 am



Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
DB6? 
Author Message
Beer Giant Jarl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 1325
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Post DB6?
DB 6 is mentioned on the TLG home page, but the link is broken. Any more info on this one?
_________________
Lord Frost

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad

_________________
Lord Frost
Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad


Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1775
Location: Manitowoc WI
Post 
The page is there On the Anvil, just the link in the newsfeed text that's misdirecting...

Goto:
http://www.trolllord.com/cnc/8225.html

_________________
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org

_________________
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com


Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Beer Giant Jarl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 1325
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Post 
Excellent, thanks.
_________________
Lord Frost

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad

_________________
Lord Frost
Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad


Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 850
Post 
Hmmm. Not for me this time around. Thanks.


Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:02 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 am
Posts: 13708
Post 
An underground city, hopefully not predominantly occupied by albino black-face thespians? Count me in.
_________________
If it matters, leave a message at the beep.
Serl's Corner

_________________
-----------

^ Ignore.


Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:05 pm
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1511
Location: Topsham, Maine
Post 
I'm in too. My players just finished level one of the Crater, so I'm hoping this is released before they reach the end of DB3.
_________________
Sir Dachda McKinty,

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society


Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:09 pm
Profile
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1205
Location: Somewhere in Maryland
Post 
I'm jonesin' for a pre-order button myself.
_________________
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

_________________
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."


Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:20 pm
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 850
Post 
Quote:
serleran wrote:
An underground city, hopefully not predominantly occupied by albino black-face thespians? Count me in.



Take a closer look at the cover, my friend.

No offense to Mr. Christofferson, but I'm all set on this sort of supplement.

Bring back the THUNE!!!


Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:49 pm
Profile
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11481
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post 
Yeah, more information on the HH setting, above or below ground is appreciated. Looking forward to this release. It's been too long since we last visited Dirty's world.

~O
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 358
Post 
I'm about the worst sales person in the world for my own stuff. Don't know why it just is what it is. People who dig my stuff really do and people who don't just don't and that's cool with me too.

The sad state of affairs in the FRPG industry is a fancy "dark elf" on a cover sells more copies of a book than not having them on the cover. I don't particularly like it myself but thats the way it is.

If you liked how DB 4 and 5 are organized you will like this book. If you don't then you won't like DB6.

Am I saying that there aren't dark elves in the book? No. Are they your garden variety spider "queen" worshippers that have been done to death in every supplement known to gaming in the last 30 years? No, regardless of how the cover ended up.

As I have mentioned I'm a horrible salesman. Terrible in fact. Thus I try to stick to the facts of the book as I remember them.

DB6 is tied to DB 2-3 and the (still unreleased HH Karbosk Box Set). Mind you as you all well know a lot of stuff has slid due to a variety of issues the least of which being the CKG).

DB6 has more than a dozen new monsters in it and two new races (that were previewed in one of the more recent crusaders. DB6 ist not designed in the railroad adventure/shotgun dungeon fashion that most crappy new adventures are written in where you have to accomplishing a laundry list of materials to give to the badguy pretending to be a good guy to achieve a goal that leads to a culminating event or earth shaking showdown. It also isn't a plod around mapping and looking for loot adventure. Its an adventurous location. It has NPCs and monsters with motivations and quests for characters to take or ignore as they see fit.

I know, not very good salesmanship, but thats what it's got. So in brief: If you hate new monsters, character races, character classes, subterannean settings, evil under cities, and intelligent enemies who use the characters to serve their diabolical purposes... avoid this book.

If you want a shotgun dungeon that railroads you into a very narrow set of decisions or a "map and loot type dungeon", try another fine product from somebody else .

C.

P.S. Map and loot dungeons are fun, but you have to have something to do between map and loot adventures.


Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:07 am
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1511
Location: Topsham, Maine
Post 
Quote:
Bowbe wrote:
I'm about the worst sales person in the world for my own stuff. Don't know why it just is what it is. People who dig my stuff really do and people who don't just don't and that's cool with me too.

The sad state of affairs in the FRPG industry is a fancy "dark elf" on a cover sells more copies of a book than not having them on the cover. I don't particularly like it myself but thats the way it is.

If you liked how DB 4 and 5 are organized you will like this book. If you don't then you won't like DB6.

Am I saying that there aren't dark elves in the book? No. Are they your garden variety spider "queen" worshippers that have been done to death in every supplement known to gaming in the last 30 years? No, regardless of how the cover ended up.

As I have mentioned I'm a horrible salesman. Terrible in fact. Thus I try to stick to the facts of the book as I remember them.

DB6 is tied to DB 2-3 and the (still unreleased HH Karbosk Box Set). Mind you as you all well know a lot of stuff has slid due to a variety of issues the least of which being the CKG).

DB6 has more than a dozen new monsters in it and two new races (that were previewed in one of the more recent crusaders. DB6 ist not designed in the railroad adventure/shotgun dungeon fashion that most crappy new adventures are written in where you have to accomplishing a laundry list of materials to give to the badguy pretending to be a good guy to achieve a goal that leads to a culminating event or earth shaking showdown. It also isn't a plod around mapping and looking for loot adventure. Its an adventurous location. It has NPCs and monsters with motivations and quests for characters to take or ignore as they see fit.

I know, not very good salesmanship, but thats what it's got. So in brief: If you hate new monsters, character races, character classes, subterannean settings, evil under cities, and intelligent enemies who use the characters to serve their diabolical purposes... avoid this book.

If you want a shotgun dungeon that railroads you into a very narrow set of decisions or a "map and loot type dungeon", try another fine product from somebody else .

C.

P.S. Map and loot dungeons are fun, but you have to have something to do between map and loot adventures.



You sold me. Now when's it being released?
_________________
Sir Dachda McKinty,

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society


Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:25 am
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 850
Post 
Quote:
Bowbe wrote:
I'm about the worst sales person in the world for my own stuff. ....

If you liked how DB 4 and 5 are organized you will like this book. If you don't then you won't like DB6.

DB6 is tied to DB 2-3 and the (still unreleased HH Karbosk Box Set). Mind you as you all well know a lot of stuff has slid due to a variety of issues the least of which being the CKG).



Now I'm listening ...
By the way, who does your product descriptions? I find them to be a tad more informative that some other stuff on the product page.


Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:33 pm
Profile
Ulthal

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 7:00 am
Posts: 687
Post 
I'm gettin tired of all the dark elf hate. Sure they became prolific but thats because they are delightfully wicked and evil. I don't see this much spite being thrown around when every new fighter type might as well be a Conan clone. I guess its just hip to hate.
_________________
"Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle."-Bucky Katt

"You can wordify anything if you just verb it."-again, Bucky Katt


Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:12 pm
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1775
Location: Manitowoc WI
Post 
"It's hip to be dwer..... "

_________________
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org

_________________
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com


Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1205
Location: Somewhere in Maryland
Post 
Double sold.

FWIW, Casey, your "map & loot" dungeon is one of the best of it's ilk. Hoping to see some more of the deeper, deeper darkness too!
_________________
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

_________________
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."


Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:38 pm
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 358
Post 
thanks CK, I'll get around to more dungeon crawls eventually. Steve's in-box is pretty full of my stuff right now as it is. I've been busy as heck trying to help out in other ways in the interim.

We got DB6, HH Box set (or whatever we call it), we got the Mass combat rules and a re-investigation of the Kubla Khan adventures for C&C (with some new-ness added into it) and another manuscript that I'm finished with but I really want to go back and do some more work on. I've played through the latter two quite a bit lately and see areas that could really benefit from additional adventures and expansion.

With the Kubla Khan stuff I'm adding some additional areas especially to the last dungeon, and any or all old monsters that were once 3ed monsters have been jettisoned for brand new monsters because... heck I'm sorta sick of conversions. Why re-invent the wheel when there isn opportunity to branch out in new directions.

The last two books are decent sized, probably in the 64 page range when they are all said and done. Either way its a whole lot of product.

C.


Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:01 am
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 1261
Location: Elgin, OK
Post 
I am definately looking forward to DB-6 Bowbe. I have been really impressed with your work. You may not think you are a good saleman, but your work sells itself.
_________________
Lord Aladar

Warden of the Welk Wood

Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society

The Poster formerly known as Alwyn

Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"
http://www.cncsociety.org/

_________________
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood
Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society
The Poster formerly known as Alwyn
Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

http://www.cncsociety.org/


Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:24 pm
Profile
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 931
Location: Martin, MI
Post 
Bowbe, that is why I dig your stuff. I call it the Sandbox Style. Players can ignore or take on or explore what they will. I can just look at them and ask the proverbial question "What do you guys want to do?" It's wide open. Sandbox play can be a little intimidating to new gamemasters and inexperienced players, but for others, is the only way to go. Having the Adventurous Location instead of a railroaded linear adventure can actually be easier in some respects, though, as players can derail a CK quickly by not going along with a major plot device in a linear adventure. That can make a new gamemaster panic for sure. With the Sandbox Style, however, the players can change gears at their leisure without frustrating the CK, which I think lends itself to deeper immersion (and less strangling of players).

As to the dark elf thing, I don't hate them per se, but am tired of them to be sure. That's why I created a different underground menace for my own world, possibly for publication some day soon.
_________________
When in doubt as to who is in charge on the battlefield, listen to the man with the bloodiest sword.


Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:02 pm
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 358
Post Ahh the Dark Elves...
I think you will like what I've done with them >
I'm looking forward to this one coming out for a much different reason though. You'll see it when you get it!

C.


Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:19 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 160
Post 
Dark Elf goodness down with the Drow Haters! LOL I'll look into getting the series as as I can afford to.
_________________
Let me wet my blade with your blood.

RIP Gary Gygax you will be missed.


Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:15 pm
Profile
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1205
Location: Somewhere in Maryland
Post 
Finally got my chance to read through this over the first part of the Snowpocalypse. Yowzers, definitely a nasty, evil place! A party consisting solely of goodie-two-shoes types is going to have a rough time just getting around, but hey, the bad guys gotta have their centers of power.

Maybe I missed it, but how far is Ulgakur from the Crater of Umeshti?
_________________
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

_________________
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."


Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:59 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 am
Posts: 112
Post 
The only mention that I noticed was the nice, leisurely 10 mile swim in the Eibon River from the Crater of Umeshti to Ulgakur (6-16B of DB3 to 23 of DB6).
Quote:
CKDad wrote:
Finally got my chance to read through this over the first part of the Snowpocalypse. Yowzers, definitely a nasty, evil place! A party consisting solely of goodie-two-shoes types is going to have a rough time just getting around, but hey, the bad guys gotta have their centers of power.

Maybe I missed it, but how far is Ulgakur from the Crater of Umeshti?


_________________
The cheese stands alone...


Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 pm
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 358
Post 
Hahaha. Yeah the 10 mile swim... or if you go through King Skritch's secret passage from DB 1 should deposit the PCs at the Goblins Gate. The distance is still about 4-10 miles depending on the direction you come from but all roads in the Darkness eventually lead to Ulgakur.

Have to wait for the larger map a wee bit longer folks, but I got a great adventure that ties all these cool places together, its just a bit on the back burner while I finalize stuff for the Highlands Gaz and of course Fields of Battle Box!


Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:01 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.