A Question for the Ahride Sages

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Kos
Hlobane Orc

A Question for the Ahride Sages

Post by Kos »

Alright, barring there being some old product floating around that answers this, Steve is probably going to have to answer this.

I've been painting up a set of miniatures for my Erde/Ahride campaign. I've gotten to the Letners and knight emissary of Aufstrag and realized that While I know what the arms of Aufstrag and the Empress look like I have no idea what colours they are (b&w illustrations). Now from the description in the Codex I'm pretty sure the banner of Aufstrag is a white/silver crescent on a violet field. The trouble is there is no hint to the colours of the Empress' device (the central crest on the banner of New Aenoch), I'm figureing a yellow/gold hawk with red claws and white roses on a blue field but this is a total guess. I figure the arms of the Empress would figure heavily in the banners of the Letners (and possibly the Knights of Wizardry), which is why I'm curious.

I know this sounds like a trivial question but It's been driving me nuts with curiosity and... There's a reward (sort of!), in that when I get well underway I'll barrow a camera and post pics of all the goodies. Another question for all you lead heads out there is; have you seen any minis that would work particularly well for Ungern? I'm leaning towards some more goatish looking beastman sculpts but still looking around.

On deck for this summer: Paths of Umbra mage-priests, Crna Ruk, Letners, ungern, trolls, orcs and more

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: A Question for the Ahride Sages

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, I failed my INt check on all of that.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I'd say pick your own colors and go with them . . or if you have a copy of the Greyhawk guide with the beautiful heraldry of the realms - use them, as they are spectacular!!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Kos
Hlobane Orc

Post by Kos »

Yeah, this is probably what I'll do, just curious if they ever did a colour printing of the banners in any old products. The old Codex does give white crescent on violet background for the banner of Aufstrag though. Mostly I'm just looking for some colour themes to tie the minis together.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I do seem to remember heraldry being done. It may have been back in D20 products.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Kos
Hlobane Orc

Post by Kos »

Yeah I figured that those black & white banners in the Codex had to be copied from somewhere. No idea which product they were in though?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Have have most, if not all, of their old D20 products, I'll try and make time to look through them tomorrow. Too tired to do it right now.

Kos
Hlobane Orc

Post by Kos »

Awesome!!! Thanks.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Kos wrote:Another question for all you lead heads out there is; have you seen any minis that would work particularly well for Ungern? I'm leaning towards some more goatish looking beastman sculpts but still looking around.
Maybe these:
http://www.ccgarmory.com/rubrramip.html
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I've looked through all of my non module d20 sources from the Trolls, nothing. So maybe it had something to do with one of the special modules, which are out in my garage. I'll check them out as soon as I can.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

It's plaid
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781