View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Aihrde to Inzae 
Skobbit

Post Aihrde to Inzae
Simple question. Trying to keep with world continuity, how does one get a low level group from Aihrde to Inzae to run the I series. In Shades of Mist I found the portal that has all these elaborate wards and the module recommends not letting the players journey the rings of brass, any suggestions that don't involve dieties?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:07 am
Mogrl

Post Re: Aihrde to Inzae
Standard D&D Teleport w/o error. The Rings of Brass are more for Runecasters, not straight up mages. So you can have them find a good old standard location (doorway, etc...) enchanted with Teleport w/o error.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 pm
Greater Lore Drake

If you want to go the Planescape route have a doorway close by that is openable with a key such as a dragon fang or goblin skull.

SIEGE Alternative

Grimmhaus

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Skobbit

sorry I am naive to the notion of teleport w/o error, and a dragon fang/goblin skull key to a doorway could you please explain so that when I do this I can explain it. thank you for the ideas I will use them.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:39 am
Mogrl

Teleport w/o Error is a 7th level Wizard spell in the PH. Page 111 in the third printing. It allows you to travel from one plane to another. It is along tradition to have doors, archways, stone hedges, etc... be enchanted with such a spell to take your players to places you want them to go that are far away, or on another world, from where they are now.

A dragon fang, goblin skull, or any other object you can imagine are often used as a "key" for such "doors".

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:55 am
Skobbit

cool thank you for the explanation.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]