Aihrde to Inzae

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
J-Fro
Skobbit

Aihrde to Inzae

Post by J-Fro »

Simple question. Trying to keep with world continuity, how does one get a low level group from Aihrde to Inzae to run the I series. In Shades of Mist I found the portal that has all these elaborate wards and the module recommends not letting the players journey the rings of brass, any suggestions that don't involve dieties?

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Aihrde to Inzae

Post by Treebore »

Standard D&D Teleport w/o error. The Rings of Brass are more for Runecasters, not straight up mages. So you can have them find a good old standard location (doorway, etc...) enchanted with Teleport w/o error.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

If you want to go the Planescape route have a doorway close by that is openable with a key such as a dragon fang or goblin skull.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

J-Fro
Skobbit

Post by J-Fro »

sorry I am naive to the notion of teleport w/o error, and a dragon fang/goblin skull key to a doorway could you please explain so that when I do this I can explain it. thank you for the ideas I will use them.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Teleport w/o Error is a 7th level Wizard spell in the PH. Page 111 in the third printing. It allows you to travel from one plane to another. It is along tradition to have doors, archways, stone hedges, etc... be enchanted with such a spell to take your players to places you want them to go that are far away, or on another world, from where they are now.

A dragon fang, goblin skull, or any other object you can imagine are often used as a "key" for such "doors".
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

J-Fro
Skobbit

Post by J-Fro »

cool thank you for the explanation.