Brindisium

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Brindisium

Post by Snoring Rock »

I beleive I will start my Aihrde campaing in Brindisium. I want to develop a feel for it and start building it and fleshing it in. Brindisium sounds Latin. I looked and there is a coastal city in Italy named Brindisi. It dates back to pre-Rome.

Brindisium is a city state, run by a Senate that is filled by members of the noble families. Sounds and looks like Rome to me. I will develop the military using the Roman style weapons and armor from C&C PHB. For the capitol city, I think I will use Streets of Silver (Parma). It is on the coast, has an arena, and everything is in Italian or Latin. It alos is set up with a Senate and noble ruling caste.

I have ideas for the navy as well; using Triremes.

Does anyone have other ideas for this? I cannot find a more Roman-esque city. I am too lazy and lack time to draw my own up. Growing up is hard.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Brindisium

Post by Omote »

If Eric Piper (Piperdog) ever shows up around these parts, I think he could give you a lot of ideas for Brindisium. I played in 2 or 3 or his adventures, and each one was set in Brindisium.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Brindisium

Post by Treebore »

Streets of Silver is an excellent supplement to use.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.