Old Downloads

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Old Downloads

Post by Julian Grimm »

So, my disk with the original AWD Primer, Outremere Gazetteer and other early Erde material had a sudden, unexpected and violent death. I tried the old links and they are all dead. Does anyone have these?
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Old Downloads

Post by Rigon »

Julian Grimm wrote:So, my disk with the original AWD Primer, Outremere Gazetteer and other early Erde material had a sudden, unexpected and violent death. I tried the old links and they are all dead. Does anyone have these?
I'll have to look, but I might have some of them.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

oh no!
sorry dude.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I think I might ... I'll have to look ...

Right now I'm having a good Rum ( I earned it, 8 hours tearing down 2 walls patching a floor & preping the ceiling) and then getting some sleep so it'll be tomorrow ASAP ...

(edit)

Crud, just checked my back pack. My external hard drive is at work. I'll try and run by after church tomorrow and grab it. If not, Monday AM I'll have it and be able to look see what I have.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lost mine a HD crash or two ago. I probably have them on one of my back up discs or thumb drives. Or my old Desk top that is still working.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Not on my Desk Top, now I need to find my old back up discs.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

This is meant to be helpful: have you considered cloud backup? like Carbonite?
Bill D.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I don't like doing back ups that way because I have DSL, and that is all that is available to me aside from a dish. Since I have 6 computers on my wi fi in my home, I now use Homegroups and share everything across those computers via my wi fi. If I had cable I'd use things like my many GB of space on Drop box and similar to do my back ups.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I want to say a thank you to those that looked or are looking. I have been searching online to see if they are available any where else but, no luck. I will keep looking though.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

JG, I have Dictionary of the Dwarven Folk, Gazetteer of Erde, The Planes and Erde, and Shindolay, the Lands of Seven Rivers. Not sure if that is the stuff you are looking for, but I'll gladly email them to you.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

E-mail them to me too, if you would. Easier than finding the "safe place" I stuck those discs.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Um, yeah, i lost my copies too... damnedest thing.... :D

I hadn't thought of that tree, i do have cable and its silly fast so I never even think of bandwidth anymore.
Bill D.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

If these are all free downloads, whomever has a copy should use the attachment feature of the forum and host them here.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Rigon, that is pretty much all I was looking for. My e-mail is: jdsherrer(at)gmail(dot)com. I appreciate you sending them. I also remember one that covered Outremere which is another one I want to find.
Lord Skystorm

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I just sent them out. The Gaz of Erde is really just a bit about Outremere.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Traveller wrote:If these are all free downloads, whomever has a copy should use the attachment feature of the forum and host them here.
How do I use the attachment feature? I didn't know I could host material here. I have a few conversions I'd like to put up.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Traveller wrote:If these are all free downloads, whomever has a copy should use the attachment feature of the forum and host them here.

I second this. I'd love to get hold of these too.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I just got into my classroom and look at my ext hard drive. I have a small treasure trove of the old Aihrde/Erde stuf.

I'll be glad to e-mail it out (later in the day) to you JG & Tree (Tree you’ll have to give me your e-mail or PM me, I can’t find you e-mail address).

For hanging it here ... I'm not sure how. Plus I don't remember which is free & which is paid for. However, I'll be glad to share what I can.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Rigon, thanks for sending those over. That was pretty much all I had except for the original AWD. I will try to find a place to host them so others can get them. If nothing else I will put them up on my dropbox account.

Lurker, I would be thrilled to have more but I want to make sure that we are on the legal side of this. I don't remember what was free beyond the material Rigon sent, the original AWD and the original map. Hopefully Steve or someone can chime in on what was available.
Lord Skystorm

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I do have the original map (not sure if it was free somewhere or not), but not the original AWD (at least not on pdf).

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I do have the Outremere map in .tif format.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

In case anyone is interested, Amazon has a few of the original printings available for sale. I found these while searching for the downloads.
Lord Skystorm

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

To answer the question of how to host files here, you cannot do it through the quick reply box but must use the Full Editor version. Below the text box is a section called "Upload attachment". From there you can choose the file you want to upload and add a comment as well.

An example is below. Note the following:
  • Files must be zipped. My testing shows that PDF, DOC, and TXT files are not allowed.
  • The maximum size of the file is 256KB.
Unfortunately, unless the individual PDFs are smaller than 256KB when zipped, they won't be able to be uploaded here. Which leads me to a question for Julian: have you tried getting the PDFs from a version of trolllord.com stored on the Internet Archive (http://www.archive.org)? Often I can pull a file from a dead site simply by going to the Archive and downloading it.
Attachments
phb4mt3.zip
Old version of the combined errata for the 4th print Players Handbook and 3d print Monsters & Treasure.
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I went through the Wayback Machine and it threw and error saying that the site was unable to be archived. I checked the archives of now inactive C&C fansites and no one had them or the links went back to the old TLG page.
Lord Skystorm