Codex of Aihrde

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Codex of Aihrde

Post by Snoring Rock »

I understand the writing is complete. What is new for this release? It will be C&C instead of D20, I get that, but what else? More detail, less detail, lay out? And how long until we see it?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Codex of Aihrde

Post by Rigon »

I'm thinking it's an expanded rewrite. From everything that Steve has posted about it, it is greatly expanded from the d20 Codex.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The gods and histories certainly sound like they have gotten a lot more detail. I think the regions and people have gotten more info too.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

I've been a Greyhawk man all my life. Tried Forgotten Realms, even tried my own world, but always come back to Greyhawk. But reading some of the Aihrde stuff Steve has shown me plus playing an Aihrde game may finally change that. Big, big fan of Aihrde.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

AGNKim wrote:I've been a Greyhawk man all my life. Tried Forgotten Realms, even tried my own world, but always come back to Greyhawk.
Took the words out of my mouth. Except my own world was the 1b to Greyhawks 1a. I also have fond memories of Dark Sun, Planescape and Eberron.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I love a lot of settings, with Wilderlands probably being my favorite published setting. That said, Erde won me over because of the touch of "Europe" it has for the various people's etc... Not so much as to be blatantly obvious, but enough to give me an idea of how to present the various areas once they were entered. Plus Germanic Dwarves and French Elves was just total win for me.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

I really like that too. What I do not like, in the modules for the setting, is that they are kind of long-winded on the fluff. Not a bad thing always, but sometimes I like to fill stuff in and there is a lot to read here.

The setting leaves it open for me, and I really like that.