I'm going a different direction with Aihrde

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

I'm going a different direction with Aihrde

Post by Julian Grimm »

With Unklar banished and gone from the world I am going to focus less on him and more on the aftermath of his rule. Among the ideas I am going to pursue are tensions between New Aenoch and the rising crusader states, the reorganization of the former generals of the empire and new evils making their way into the world. This is all to show that the world is in transition from the empire to a new age and era.

One thing that the players will find is that Unklar was holding back certain entities from entering Aihrde and his banishment weakened the gates that were holding back things that should not be in the world. As well there will be political situations that are causing tensions and may lead to a war between the young kingdoms. As far as New Aenoch goes I am going with the failing health of Empress as a plot point and the fallout of her abdication or eventual death. Another problem will be a rise in a cult to Unklar and a new faith emerging that will threaten the established religious order.

What I am hoping to do is show that there are now new threats to the world emerging and that the new age will be born with birth pangs of significant proportions. If you have suggestions of feed back let me know.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: I'm going a different direction with Aihrde

Post by alcyone »

What happens in A13 I wonder. Is Coburg the Undying the worst we'll see? That could affect things, though they'd be background enough it might not be important until players get there.

If Pryzmira falls, the question is, does Neratite get the votes she needs to become Empress, or is there another force vying for the throne? Pryzmira also was using religion to further her aims. Is there a corresponding tension between Toth and Demeter growing in the heavens?

The new faith you mention, what will that be?

Are you planning that Pryzmira's ambitions for her daughter do not come to pass and the line of Jaren Falkynjagger is lost forever?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Julian Grimm wrote:With Unklar banished and gone from the world I am going to focus less on him and more on the aftermath of his rule. Among the ideas I am going to pursue are tensions between New Aenoch and the rising crusader states, the reorganization of the former generals of the empire and new evils making their way into the world. This is all to show that the world is in transition from the empire to a new age and era.

One thing that the players will find is that Unklar was holding back certain entities from entering Aihrde and his banishment weakened the gates that were holding back things that should not be in the world. As well there will be political situations that are causing tensions and may lead to a war between the young kingdoms. As far as New Aenoch goes I am going with the failing health of Empress as a plot point and the fallout of her abdication or eventual death. Another problem will be a rise in a cult to Unklar and a new faith emerging that will threaten the established religious order.

What I am hoping to do is show that there are now new threats to the world emerging and that the new age will be born with birth pangs of significant proportions. If you have suggestions of feed back let me know.
Wow, that sounds like a great idea. I especially like the idea of the political problems and fighting between the new kingdoms.

What kind of evils are you thinking of unleashing?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Some of this will be threads I dangle for players and their actions will determine the outcome. As far as new and old evils you have some of the remaining generals and Sanjaks vying for a piece of the new world and some of the former minions of Unklar finding their place. I do have a plot thread going where the descendants of Kain are filtering into New Aenoch causing some trouble as well. They will also be finding that an unintended consequence of Unklar's banishment was that he was holding certain portals closed that are now opening. Places like the Far Realm and the homes of ancient evils are now bleeding into Aihrde.

As far as the new faith goes it is an offshoot of Demeter's church that looks to the return of the All Father and the reincarnation of Mordius. ( As an aside they believe Wenefar is Mordius) There is more there but I am writing it as we speak.

The political tensions will be playing a huge part in my campaign as the crusader states have begun seeking independence from New Aenoch. This has caused problems and Pryzmyra is reluctant to send troops in to pacify the situation. With the crusade on a downward turn and less faith being shown in the leadership there are problems brewing that could destabilize the area quickly.

As for Coburg, the Witch Queen and others they are finding their way in a world that is no longer theirs. What they do will be just as important as what happens with the young kingdoms.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06