View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:51 am



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods" 
Author Message
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1730
Post Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Didn't realize that this tome greatly expands upon the Gottland region. In addition to a chapter describing it, several adventures for the area are included, each further detailing the setting. It's actually more of a campaign resource for Aihrde than anything else.


Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:14 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10751
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Interesting.

I have the d20 Winter Runes and love it. The double sided map of the Gottland is one of the coolest maps I have ever seen. Each side (of the same area) is rendered by a different artist (I think) ~ one is a north to south view and the other is the opposite. Really, very nicely done.

Anyway, I see Rune Lore is 144 pages vs. Winter Runes 80 pgs.

I assume maps and dungeon drawings are in the book . . how are they?

Thanks, Kayo!

:)

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:13 am
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1730
Post Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Rhuvein wrote:
Interesting.

I have the d20 Winter Runes and love it. The double sided map of the Gottland is one of the coolest maps I have ever seen. Each side (of the same area) is rendered by a different artist (I think) ~ one is a north to south view and the other is the opposite. Really, very nicely done.

Anyway, I see Rune Lore is 144 pages vs. Winter Runes 80 pgs.

I assume maps and dungeon drawings are in the book . . how are they?

Thanks, Kayo!

:)


Well, they look good, clean, usable, nice-sized maps. I've never seen Winter Runes so I can't really compare them to the originals. The map of Gottland looks like it is a portion of the latest Aihrde color map only it's more detailed? (not sure at the moment as I don't have it in front of me). There are 16 short adventures/encounter areas in the book, not sure if that boosted the page count.


Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10751
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Kayolan wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
Interesting.

I have the d20 Winter Runes and love it. The double sided map of the Gottland is one of the coolest maps I have ever seen. Each side (of the same area) is rendered by a different artist (I think) ~ one is a north to south view and the other is the opposite. Really, very nicely done.

Anyway, I see Rune Lore is 144 pages vs. Winter Runes 80 pgs.

I assume maps and dungeon drawings are in the book . . how are they?

Thanks, Kayo!

:)


Well, they look good, clean, usable, nice-sized maps. I've never seen Winter Runes so I can't really compare them to the originals. The map of Gottland looks like it is a portion of the latest Aihrde color map only it's more detailed? (not sure at the moment as I don't have it in front of me). There are 16 short adventures/encounter areas in the book, not sure if that boosted the page count.


Cool, thanks for the reply.

I'm will buy this at some point, but the price is a bit high. I'll watch for a damaged copy.

:P

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:30 am
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Rhuvein wrote:
I'm will buy this at some point, but the price is a bit high. I'll watch for a damaged copy.

:P


Yeah, books that are so damaged you have to look really hard to even find it. At least in my experience with the damaged books I have bought.

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:14 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10751
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
I'm will buy this at some point, but the price is a bit high. I'll watch for a damaged copy.

:P


Yeah, books that are so damaged you have to look really hard to even find it. At least in my experience with the damaged books I have bought.


Yep, it's a great way to buy them!

Although, the new Codex of Aihrde "damaged" book is $25.00.

Which leads me to ask, is the undamaged CoA really worth $50.00 ??? Wow!!

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:41 am
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1730
Post Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Rhuvein wrote:
Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
I'm will buy this at some point, but the price is a bit high. I'll watch for a damaged copy.

:P


Yeah, books that are so damaged you have to look really hard to even find it. At least in my experience with the damaged books I have bought.


Yep, it's a great way to buy them!

Although, the new Codex of Aihrde "damaged" book is $25.00.

Which leads me to ask, is the undamaged CoA really worth $50.00 ??? Wow!!


From what I've seen yes, though I haven't gotten my hands on a physical copy. I think it also comes with a full color map :?:


Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:06 pm
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1730
Post Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Found out that the Codex of Aihrde does in fact come with a full color fold out map that is attached to the inside back cover, easily removed.


Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:11 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10751
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"
Kayolan wrote:
Found out that the Codex of Aihrde does in fact come with a full color fold out map that is attached to the inside back cover, easily removed.


Thanks, that's good to know. I'd say a good map is essential!

:)

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:53 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.