A Series Map 1 Remade

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
under_score
Skobbit

A Series Map 1 Remade

Post by under_score »

I've been working on a hex map for the A series modules and figured I'd share it here.
This is the player's version, with only towns and major landmarks listed.
http://i.imgur.com/v4ERH3X.jpg
Still working on the GM overlay, with all the dungeons and such I want marked. I've only read modules A0 and A1 so far, so I'm limited to the locations listed in those for now.
I'd appreciate any feedback for improving it.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: A Series Map 1 Remade

Post by alcyone »

I believe it is "Ludensheim", not Lundensheim.

I think it looks pretty good! Needs a scale.

And welcome.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

under_score
Skobbit

Post by under_score »

Thanks.

I was working off the map at the back of A0, which has it spelled Lundensheim. I see in the text though it is Ludensheim. I'll fix that then.

I created the hexgrid size based on the map scale so that 1 hex = 5 miles. I'll try to add in a compass and scale notation.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Thats pretty darn nice! What program are you using? I was thinking Hexographer, but when I enlarged/zoomed in, the details were too "pretty"" for it to be the Hexographer program I am familiar with.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

under_score
Skobbit

Post by under_score »

Thanks Treebore. This was just made in using GIMP, although I did create the hex grid layer using Hexographer. I like Hexographer, but prefer mapping in GIMP because I can change layers on the fly.

I think I'll start over on this one though. I don't think it's very useful for play. Too messy, too colorful. I need to figure out a simpler style.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

under_score wrote:Thanks Treebore. This was just made in using GIMP, although I did create the hex grid layer using Hexographer. I like Hexographer, but prefer mapping in GIMP because I can change layers on the fly.

I think I'll start over on this one though. I don't think it's very useful for play. Too messy, too colorful. I need to figure out a simpler style.
I don't know. I think it looks pretty darn good once I enlarged it to full size.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Yeah, looks pretty darn good!

Welcome to the Crusade,

Rhu. :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Thanks. Great map. I'd love to see your skills used for a new version of the Botkinburg map. That little town map in the adventure could use someone with some skill to do it right.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

dachda wrote:Thanks. Great map. I'd love to see your skills used for a new version of the Botkinburg map. That little town map in the adventure could use someone with some skill to do it right.
Botkinburg and Ludensheim.

under_score
Skobbit

Post by under_score »

I'd love to see your skills used for a new version of the Botkinburg map. That little town map in the adventure could use someone with some skill to do it right.
I actually rather like the Botkinburg map. My players haven't gotten there yet, but I created a splash screen here: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png
I'll add rumors to the board beneath the Botkinburg header and throw some portraits and nameplates for NPCs of note. But the little village map I think works well for the way I play. I wish I had something similar for Malforten and Ludensheim.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

under_score wrote:
I'd love to see your skills used for a new version of the Botkinburg map. That little town map in the adventure could use someone with some skill to do it right.
I actually rather like the Botkinburg map. My players haven't gotten there yet, but I created a splash screen here: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png
I'll add rumors to the board beneath the Botkinburg header and throw some portraits and nameplates for NPCs of note. But the little village map I think works well for the way I play. I wish I had something similar for Malforten and Ludensheim.
I ended up doing my own for Ludensheim, my daughters character became the Baroness there, and she added a lot to it. So we ended up creating our own map. She was supposed to use her very good art skills to draw up a kind of birds eye view of how she pictures her city, but has never done it.

Akeisha Roberts
Henchman

Post by Akeisha Roberts »

Great work on the map under_score! :)

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Akeisha Roberts wrote:Great work on the map under_score! :)

Is this link still good: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png I keep getting an image removed message and no map.

anvil242
Hlobane Orc

Post by anvil242 »

My players are heading to The Vargolg this weekend. I am feverishly painting dragon lock tiles for the first set of rooms. This map will see use at my table, though. Thanks

under_score
Skobbit

Post by under_score »

dachda wrote:Is this link still good: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png I keep getting an image removed message and no map.
This link: http://i.imgur.com/v4ERH3X.jpg is good. I never did get around to adding that scale and compass I mentioned above, or fixing the name Ludensheim. I've been reading over the first few modules again though and importing everything into a trello board, so I'll likely take another run at a map soon. I'd like to create a more detailed map that stretches from Malforten to Festung Akt and includes villages like Gipsheim and Dreddstun in it.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Great map. Can't wait for your next one!

under_score wrote:
dachda wrote:Is this link still good: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png I keep getting an image removed message and no map.
This link: http://i.imgur.com/v4ERH3X.jpg is good. I never did get around to adding that scale and compass I mentioned above, or fixing the name Ludensheim. I've been reading over the first few modules again though and importing everything into a trello board, so I'll likely take another run at a map soon. I'd like to create a more detailed map that stretches from Malforten to Festung Akt and includes villages like Gipsheim and Dreddstun in it.

dawnrazor
Mist Elf

Post by dawnrazor »

Awesome map :)

MadCartographer
Hlobane Orc

Post by MadCartographer »

under_score wrote:I've been working on a hex map for the A series modules and figured I'd share it here.
This is the player's version, with only towns and major landmarks listed.
http://i.imgur.com/v4ERH3X.jpg
Still working on the GM overlay, with all the dungeons and such I want marked. I've only read modules A0 and A1 so far, so I'm limited to the locations listed in those for now.
I'd appreciate any feedback for improving it.
Lovely map there. Good job.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Nice map, thanks for sharing this!

Any chance you might be doing more of these?

Topdecker
Henchman

Post by Topdecker »

Excellent map, thanks for sharing it

alanrogger007
Henchman

Post by alanrogger007 »

It is really a helpful post.

Ural_4320
Henchman

Post by Ural_4320 »

Do you think it would be possible to have a map with castles like this one in Lazio and Abruzzo for sale or to print yourself? The castles could play key roles, some of them could even count as 2 or up to 3 tiles if they're really huge, some would just occupy 1 tile... But they could be serious scenario assets.