Erde and...

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Erde and...

Post by slimykuotoan »

Treebore did an interesting thing in his campaign: combining Greyhawk & Outremere.

I believe his Aihrde is located just beyond the Seas of Dust, and he had some logical supports for this...

How then, have you guys incorporated Erde into your games?
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Haven't decided yet. I'm caught in a three way tie with Airdhe, Greyhawk and my own homebrew. I love all three and can't decide on one.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Actually, I took huge liberties with the fact that Unklar is a full blown Greater god. So erde is literally on the other side of the Hellfurnace Mountains. Most people who have gone to the great desert wastes see a huge desert with occassional hard to find ruins.

Simply because that is what Unklar willed people to see. Erde is what is truly there. Anyone who has crossed to the great desert wastes in the last 90 years comes back telling of rich verdent lands that used to be ruled by a Greater God called Unklar.

The old wars that people ran to GH to escape were the wars that took place when he (Unklar) entered the world and took over the part known as Erde. The great spellcasters were Eldritch Goblyns, Runemarks, and powerful mages, Druids, and clerics. They are the ones, according to Unklars illusionary cover story, who blasted the lands into sandy desert wastes.

When Unklar was finally banished from Erde his huge quasi-planar pocket illusion fully re entered the world. So for the last 90 years people have discovered this lush green lands where there used to be desert. In reality, the deserts were a side effect of Unklar closing Erde off to the rest fo the world.

Facts only the truly powerful (probably 10th level or above, definitely in the 16 plus range) have even begun to figure out in the last 90 years.

So Unklar has messed with the reality of Erde far more than anyone realized. Who's history is true? Erde or Greyhawk/Oerth? Is it somewhere in between. Are the histories of both total fabrications of Unklar?

Is there a relationship between Unklar and Tharizdun?

Does anyone really want to uncover the truth, or is ignorance bliss?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Erde and...

Post by Tadhg »

slimykuotoan wrote:
Treebore did an interesting thing in his campaign: combining Greyhawk & Outremere.

I believe his Aihrde is located just beyond the Seas of Dust, and he had some logical supports for this...

How then, have you guys incorporated Erde into your games?

Hi slimy.

On a broad scale these 2 worlds are easily mixed/used. One can pick and choose vacant or little used areas of either world and put them together.

Me, I'm using the central part of GH - city, Gnarley Forest, Maure Castle, etc and put it in close proximity to Castle Zagyg and then dropped it into Aihrde - in Outremere.

So, I have picked an area for now west of the mountain range (Aneer'rafe Hills) but very loosely placed - but I'm still waiting on the Trolls for a definitive location for the Blacktooth Ridge area in Outremere.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Incidentally, Treebore has some great ideas there! More food for thought!

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore