The Blacktooth Ridge

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

The Blacktooth Ridge

Post by Troll Lord »

The Blacktooth Ridge is a ridge that runs South East to North West, dwindling off long before it gets to the Graumamland. Its a sput of the Aratock Mountains, a line of low hills that demarcate the eastern border of New Aenochia. The Hrueson River runs along its base, curving with it until it goes South between the East Fallow Hills and the Barron Hills before it wanders into the norther extremes of the Northern March.

The Hrueson is the furthest advance that Aenochians and Crusaders have made it.

Its important to note that though the river valley is 'settled' much of the lands between the northern marches of New Aenohcia and the Ridge line are not settled. These lands were passed over and left wild as settlers and Crusader looked for better pasturage. They use the river to communicate with the Southern Capital, but they only nominally hold themselves as subjects of the Empress as her power does not reach that far, except as demonstrated through THEM.

The Blacktooth Ridge a very low lying ridge and hardly worth mention on the large scale map presented so far by TLG, but it is labeled on there.

Hope that helps. I'll hurry up on the area for this area.

Thanks,

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Ya that definitely helps -

I had assumed as much, but it's nice to know I was on the right track. As I said I've pretty much decided to use Aihrde for my next home campaign, and I think I'm going to start with a small adventure I'll write myself that moves into A1 and A2, after which I'll see where the party wants to go and segue from there either into other modules or into something I come up with.

Thanks again Steve!

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: The Blacktooth Ridge

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:
Hope that helps. I'll hurry up on the area for this area.

Thanks,

Steve

Area map?? That would be fantastic!!

And thanks for the additional info.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Dristram

Post by Dristram »

So, on the Bunce map, compared to the location shown on the new big map, the Blacktooth Ridge looks to be around the small hill marks at the top center. About right? Or further north off the Bunce map?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Dristram wrote:
So, on the Bunce map, compared to the location shown on the new big map, the Blacktooth Ridge looks to be around the small hill marks at the top center. About right? Or further north off the Bunce map?

The problem with the Bunce map is that it has a number of bad geographical errors in it when compared to the original notes here. I let it go way to long and have had it in my head to fix it when the Folio material released. Which ... some day...
As it is, the best reference is the Colnmark Ridge, but that section of hills is just that, actual hills. The Blacktooth Ridge is little more than a low escarpment that begins the rolling buttes, wide spaces, valleys and such of the higher plateau which begins the the plains of Achrothos.

Does that make sense? I need to get Davis in here as he laid out the entire ridge area.

Steve

[email protected]

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Drawings! We need drawings to compare!

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:
As it is, the best reference is the Colnmark Ridge, but that section of hills is just that, actual hills. The Blacktooth Ridge is little more than a low escarpment that begins the rolling buttes, wide spaces, valleys and such of the higher plateau which begins the the plains of Achrothos.

Does that make sense? I need to get Davis in here as he laid out the entire ridge area.

Steve

A regional map with good BtR detail is always welcome, especially as you guys continue to publish the A series!!!

Dristram

Post by Dristram »

Troll Lord wrote:
I'm assuming the plains of Achrothos begin above the Colnmark Ridge on the Bunce map. So, would Blacktooth Ridge be north of the Colnmark Ridge? Or part of it? Or just another name for it?

A new updated Bunce map would be fantastic!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Dristram wrote:
A new updated Bunce map would be fantastic!

Unfortunately, Clayton Bunce no longer works in the gaming/cartography industry, and hasn't for several years. Far as I know, his situation remains unchanged.

For full details as to why, run a search under his name at rpgnet.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Dristram

Post by Dristram »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Unfortunately, Clayton Bunce no longer works in the gaming/cartography industry, and hasn't for several years. Far as I know, his situation remains unchanged.
To be honest, I didn't even know who Bunce was. To me it was just the reference name for that particular C&C map. My comment should have been, "A new updated New Aenochia map would be fantastic!"

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

gideon_thorne wrote:

For full details as to why, run a search under his name at rpgnet.

If what I read is true that is a bad deal. Any chance that you are working on a new map?

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Troll Lord wrote:
The problem with the Bunce map is that it has a number of bad geographical errors in it when compared to the original notes here. I let it go way to long and have had it in my head to fix it when the Folio material released. Which ... some day...

Since the Bunce map is in error are we safe to assume that it is either non-canon or, using in-universe terms, drawn by an unreliable cartographer?
Quote:

Steve

It makes sense. One other question, is Blacktooth NE of Colnmark ridge or part of it?

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

The Blacktooth Ridge is based off my teeth. Every cavity is a goblin cave LOL

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Julian Grimm wrote:
Since the Bunce map is in error are we safe to assume that it is either non-canon or, using in-universe terms, drawn by an unreliable cartographer?

It makes sense. One other question, is Blacktooth NE of Colnmark ridge or part of it?

It extends out of it, so in that respect it is part of it.

Steve

[email protected]

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

A5 has an area map in it!

Steve

[email protected]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

cleaverthepit wrote:
The Blacktooth Ridge is based off my teeth. Every cavity is a goblin cave LOL

Steve, is this guy really your brother??? Tell true!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:
A5 has an area map in it!

Steve
Yowzer!!!!