Bergholt News

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Bergholt News

Post by Troll Lord »

Well hell's bells. So Rhu mentions something about an extended Index for the Codex that used to be on the webpage. I started looking for this and after some digging in old files I found it . . .

a side note, all our old computers were trashed long ago, the ones that the this stuff was entered in on. We moved the data to CD Roms, in no particularly good fashion. There are about a hundred of these things. Jason (breakdaddy) informs me about a year ago that the data on those will fade. So we've been slowly moving it off and over to Externals. But this has caused even more chaos and many files have ended up in strange places. Add to that that Davis and I had a superior way of naming files (i just looked at two of davis' that said Shit 1 and Shit 2) and you have a real archival mess

. . . but this made me run across some of Davis' old files. I began looking through them for the Inzae updates we want to do and I found quite a few. After several hours of bleary eyed searching it struck me that we were still missing the 2nd half to Bergholt: By Shadow of Night. This large advetnure had been finished back in 2002 but do to space restraints we cut it into 2 adventures. Delays, problems and hapenstances led to the 2nd part being put off and off, until it entered the dust bin of unfinished projects. As the months turned into years the 2nd half (which I had extracted from the whole thing way back when and saved in some exotic locale) was misplaced or misfiled. It vanished.

I've looked for this thing off and on for some time. And tonight, thanks to Rhu's urging and Danger Dwarf's query, I think I found it. It was hiding in plain site, attached to the original file for Bergholt . . .

let me explain. when davis turned that over it was TWO parts. an intro chapter of 40 odd pages and the adventure of another 80. we cut the adventure in two and kept the intro, making the 80 page book we were going to publish as Bergholt Part 1...which really consisted of part one and part of part 2, making the second part of part 2 actually a third part which we called part 2 because the adventure book we were publishing was called part 1.
So anyway. I look at all these files and they are each called part 2, naturally i assume that it is the part 2 of part 1 the publishing book and only take cursey look at them. Tonight I stumbled on a bunch of these part 2 files, six to be exact. They were dated and next to 4 copies of part 1. I thought, okay this is @)*@^#)*@ up. So open one after the other and they all lead to disappointment as they were edited versions of the one I cut in half. BUT strangely enough about mid way one of the files was the original 80+ pages long. I thought, that's odd and looked for the part 1 intro material. It wasn't there, so I broke out my copy of Bergholt and started cross referencing stuff. This took some time as the numbering system had changed. But I stumbled onn some sections that were not in the published book and then the whole ending of 30+ pages.

I found it!!!! Sweet news! I was very excited and started to call all my friends but realized that 1) I don't have any and 2) it was kind of late. LOL

I tried to call Davis but he didn't answer. I'll have him look at the files again.

But this means we can look at doing the original Bergholt, complete and whole. I'm mulling a boxed set in my head already.

Hopefully I'm right and this will be the whole thing, but Davis will have to let me know.

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Now THAT is jim-dandy news. Berholt is great! I'd love to se this done up right for C&C. Oh man would that be rockin.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

cinderblock
Ulthal

Post by cinderblock »

Amazing what you find after a little tidying huh? I'm going through that right now as I ready myself to move. Who'd a thunk you could build up so much stuff, eh?

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Omote wrote:
Now THAT is jim-dandy news. Berholt is great! I'd love to se this done up right for C&C. Oh man would that be rockin.

-O

+1

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

That would be some wicked kind of awesome right there man!

I was just looking through Part I the other night...

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Great find!!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Nice. I loved Bergholt and wanted to see the next part in the series.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Davis and I had a long talk about Inzae before he bugged off for Candy land for Thanksgiving. We are thinkging that a boxed set of Bergholt, with a small world book for the inner world, a world map and the like is the route to go.

Though I like the hardback book approach, the inclusion of maps and the cost factor are always heavy weights!

Steve

[email protected]

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Troll Lord wrote:
Davis and I had a long talk about Inzae before he bugged off for Candy land for Thanksgiving. We are thinkging that a boxed set of Bergholt, with a small world book for the inner world, a world map and the like is the route to go.

Though I like the hardback book approach, the inclusion of maps and the cost factor are always heavy weights!

Steve

Anything that gets me more maps, presumably done by Peter, is a good decision in my book. I am not a good one to judge by, I am something of a map addict.

One request, a B/W players version of the main map, at least as a PDF to print out and draw on over and over again. Then again I would love such maps from all of the products.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Box Set. Bergholt. Bonus.

Ring it up Steverino.

-O
VAE VICTUS!

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I found the cover to the next book (never completed). Magerholt? I can't remember the city, i'll see if i can't get it in a simple file format and get Peter to post it. It is one of Jason' BEST pictures.

Steve

[email protected]

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The complete Bergholt would be welcome.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

serleran wrote:
The complete Bergholt would be welcome.

Indubitably.

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:

Steve

Heh, I was about to say, "I'll take it any way!" - and then remembered Kim, BD, DD, FDGs and other "funny men" are always lurking here on these forums . . so, (choosing my words carefully) . .

Either way of producing this product would be satisfactory and I'm looking forward to buying it.

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

skathros

Re: Bergholt News

Post by skathros »

Troll Lord wrote:
Shit 1 and Shit 2

At least you got your shit in order

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

Would it be fair to say that this box set won't be available until after the CKG and the "A" series are finished? Regardless, next to the Haunted Highlands box set/folio, I don't think there's anything I'm anticipating more.

MacLeod

Post by MacLeod »

Troll Lord wrote:
Add to that that Davis and I had a superior way of naming files (i just looked at two of davis' that said Shit 1 and Shit 2) and you have a real archival mess
This alone warrants me staying a fan of TLG for the rest of my life.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

MacLeod wrote:
This alone warrants me staying a fan of TLG for the rest of my life.

LOL ITS MADNESS!!!!

We have some Bergholt news. The box set will be set up much like the Harvesters, Tainted Lands and similar box sets. It will be a fully functional game of C&C, with rules, dice, setting, characters sheets etc. So when you pick it up you need buy nothing else. Davis is of course working on the CKG and I told him doesn't get paid for anything else (except for A series books) until the CKG is finished. This motivated him to stop working on the 432 ancillary projects he was working on.

I do not have a release date for this puppy. But definitely after the CKG.

Steve

[email protected]

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

About time. Bergholt misses us.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Is it just me or is TLG undergoing a Box Set Renaissance?

I like box sets though they aren't my favorite medium. I think the notion is cool to see a complete sandbox C&C game and adventure but at the same time, I still have to wrap my head around it. That said, more dice is always pretty cool even if they just end up in my treasure chest of dice.

Some people use a Crown Royal bag (at least up here in Canada) -- I use a wooden treasure chest!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Bump for maximum awesomeness. With all of this new Aihrde talk going on, there needed to be a little bumpin' action for this proposed box set that just could be simply amazing. Bergholt was a gem of the d20 supplements. Some of the best stuff TLG ever put out me thinks.

Crna Ruk baby!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

I would like to see a whole bunch of Inzae stuff. Really like the gritty, warhammerish feel. I am hoping this area gets some attention after the CKG and the Fourth Crusade.