My Tower of Adventure in Airde

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Tron
Ungern

My Tower of Adventure in Airde

Post by Tron »

I just picked up Towers of Adventure and I'm putting together an Orc Tower. My tower will be based on the concept of an orcish military "base" (think Cirith Ungol from Lord of the Rings).

I would like to place the tower in Airde and although I own After Winters Dark, I haven't read through it much. Consequently, I'm looking for ideas...where should my tower be located? I look forward to reading your ideas and thank you for your assistance!!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Cool idea.

Love the Towers of Adventurer.

I seem to recall reading (A1 Assault) that orc nations were to the east of the Blacktooth Ridge.

I could see a tower north, northeast of east of BtR.

Also, in the Rising Knight, it's mentioned that orcs are in the Fallows Hills - which are south/southeast of BtR.

This all assumes you're looking to utilize that particular area with the A series.

If not, then yeah the AWD will have many areas to pick from.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Just finished "Winter Runes" last week. Lots of orcs up in Gottland; there's two major bands I believe, one to the west and the other - er, they're in the north or south, can't remember which at the moment. Will check when I get home.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Got home and there was the map from Winter Runes lying next to my place on the dining room table. (BTW, snag a copy of Winter Runes from Noble Knight or somewhere, highly recommended.)

Winter Runes covers Gottland-Ne up in the north-west, along the western shores of the Inner Sea. In western Gottland, along the edge of the Shadow Mountains, the Olgrack Orcs have their stronghold of Rackenburg Fortress. It's not unreasonable that they would have tower outposts, perhaps along the upper Ington River.

To the northeast, the orcs of Gardrim war against the trolls and Troll Lord of Castle Nacht.

Of course, bands of orcs elsewhere in Gottland might have occupied an old tower, or erected one to begin carving out a domain of their own.

Tron
Ungern

Tower Complete

Post by Tron »

Thanks guys for all the help! I have my tower finished and I decided to place it just north of the East Fallow Hills along the Hruesen River. I like this area, as it is fleshed out and is also a good "lead-in" to Rising Knight. Good call Rhu!

CKDad, its ironic that you responded...as this tower will be for my son. He's too young to really play, but LOVES rolling dice and pretending to play (roll dice, look at character sheet, then cheer). Dad will basically be running it solo...but I'll rely on him for some "decision making" and dice rolling.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Awesome that you're playing with your son in this way. My wife never suspected my secret plan to turn our kids into gamers when we bought "Dino Hunt" from SJG way back when.
PM me if you're interested in suggestions for games you might enjoy playing together (depending on his age).

Tron
Ungern

Post by Tron »

Sounds interesting CKDad!

PM on the way....

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Nice placement.

Myself, I can't not run adventures in the Darkenfold. I don't know why. But I love that forest and the mountains/swamps to the south of it.

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]