Create a campaign around these classic XD&D modules

Within are to be writ the tales of daring and adventure of those who have placed themselves on the path of glory. Share your exploits with other Castlers & Crusaders!
zomben

Create a campaign around these classic XD&D modules

Post by zomben »

Okay, so some of my pals are interested in giving C&C a whirl, which I'm totally jazzed for.

I'm thinking of dusting off a few old D&D modules and forming them into a short campaign. If they like what we do with those three, I'll take it from there and make up something for the further adventures of this party.

So, I've got my eyes on three old modules, only one of which I currently own. The other two I'll pick up on ebay (they're ones I remember fondly from playing 20 years ago, but don't have to hand to figure out the details...)

So, for any of you familiar with these old modules, how would you put together a short campaign based on:

B-1: Keep on the Borderlands

N-2: The Forest Oracle

C-4: To Find a King

My initial theory is to have the PCs guarding a group of merchants travelling to the Keep with supplies. Along the way, something happens which forces them to go down into the Caves of Chaos and sort it out.

I'd like to then link that directly to the events of the Forest Oracle (which I don't own) and then link that directly to the events of To Find a King (which I also don't own).

So, before plunking down the cash for these two modules, I'm wondering if anyone has any awesome suggestions on how to tie them all together.

I'll be running this in a homebrew setting, so don't sweat details of Greyhawk/Faerun/whatever. I'll craft the setting to fit the modules if I have to.

Thanks!

pineappleleader

Re: Create a campaign around these classic XD&D modules

Post by pineappleleader »

zomben wrote:
B-1: Keep on the Borderlands

N-2: The Forest Oracle

C-4: To Find a King

B-2 "Keep on the Borderlands" is an old "Five Box" (Basic) D & D module. I really like it and have been thru it several times in both Basic and 1E AD&D. The Caves of Chaos is a good place for new players to learn the rules. If they do something really stupid they can always run back to The Keep; recover and try again. Good first choice.
Tha other two I have never heard of.

irda ranger

Post by irda ranger »

I'm having fun running B1 right now. Feel free to email if you want to discuss anything.

Never heard of the other two; sorry.