The Epic of Vestergren (Slottsherren's C&C Campaign)

Within are to be writ the tales of daring and adventure of those who have placed themselves on the path of glory. Share your exploits with other Castlers & Crusaders!
Slottsherren

The Epic of Vestergren (Slottsherren's C&C Campaign)

Post by Slottsherren »

Last friday we finaly started our campaign, me being the CK. After some months of preparation and writing me and our entirely new group finaly stamped off. Well, the group consists of old players but none off us have gamed together before.

It was an excellent first session, the players proved to be both great players, and also the group hit a common pace and a sort of understanding at once, I have no doubts this will be a great group.

I already like the system, it's double way between old school gaming and and a free system allowing me as CK to do what ever the heck I want to! Talking to my players they enjoyed it from their point of view aswell.

So here's to a great Game and hopefully a great campaign!

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Congrats on what sounds to be a great first session!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Great to see! Keep up the good work and may your Crusade never falter.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Slottsherren

Session 1

Post by Slottsherren »

First of, thanks for the encouragement! I'm planning on keeping a log here of our exploits for you guys perusal. Mind you I will strive to keep it kind of compressed, since I know that otherwise I have a habit of writing a novel about each session and after a while I just stop cause it's just too much work! Well if anyone is interrested, here it is, first session:

Our story starts a mild, early summer morning in the very small farmer village of Vestergren. Our characters, two human 16 year olds named Myrkvinge and Vidar, aswell as the adoped elf child Lenw, 16 springs himself and their good friend, set out do som tasks as the village are a buzzle of activity due to the spring planting. The tasks covers the first three days and ranges from catching escaped goats, cleaning the alehouse and on the last day inspect and remove larger stones from a fallow field.

It's here that they accedently fall through as the ground breaks beneath them and they find themself in old ruined tunnels. Fighting their way through Giant Ants they finaly end up in a room with three exeedingly old statues, each having a golden chain around their necks. They all feel a irresistable urge to put these on and keep them secret. From this room they find another exit made by the ants.

They return to the village where the leader questions them and desides to investigate with the rest of the village elders. The boys are ordered to bed and during the night they have the same strange dream, of vast armies marching to war and they; the apparent commanders!

The next morning the trio wakes up to the shocking fact that everybody else in the village of Vestergren, aswell as the farm animals are missing! There is not another soul in the entire area. Shock effects the young men in different ways, and they have to decide upon what to do. They come to the conclusion that they should stay a night together, to see if they awake from some ghastly dream, or if their families and friends, come back.

Here ended the first session.

Slottsherren

Session 2

Post by Slottsherren »

Part 1: Changes at Dawn - Session 2

The second session started with the characters waking up to a still empty Vestergren. They decide to leave the village and head for Solve the nearest neighboring village, to the south. Half way there they should rech the tradestation Gripe Crossing. So packing as much food as they can carry, aswell as personal items and other bits and bobs they head out during a gloomy and rainy day.

The road south continues through Bear Woods for atleast three days and they make way under the green foliage, the adventurous feelings of leaving the confines of their small village for the first time actully lightens there moods. On the second day they discover a dead body at the side of the road, seemingly totaly dehydrated, the corpse just a dry husk. Not wanting to catch a desease they leave the corpse behind and make camp far away later that evening.

The next morning the wake up surrounded by the Bear Woods, the road is gone and all they can see is the forest around them, even their camp and packs are gone! At a loss of what to do they suddenly discover a path, following it through the eerily quiet woods they come to clearing with a dead, giant of an oak. As they pass it the oak comes alive, a huge tormented face in the massive trunk. It explains to them that it is a guardian of the woods, but a malignant spirit it simply calls "she" has taken over and plagues the land. He implores them to help, telling them her weakness is the "heart of her tree".

They trod on down the path and come in the a clearing that looks like a paradise! In the center a beautiful tree and on a branch of it the most beautiful woman they have ever seen, whom becons to them to come closer. Vidar and Lenw sees through this illusion and discovers the truth! An ugly creature, inhuman and evil, and the clearing and tree; pestulent and rotten, at the center of the tree a tumurous growth that beats with the ten or so captive human hearts nestled in it. Myrk on the other hand is still affected and stumples on. She raises three zombie like corpses to fight the others and a fight indeed starts. The fight is tough, Vidar gets a terrible blow from a zombie and goes down, but after a few moments Myrk snaps into reality and can help. They kill the zombies and the elf manages to stabalize Vidars condition. Meenwhile Myrk stabs at the heart and the spirit screams in agony and tries to magicly control the fighter, but he shrugs it of and with a final stab she falls to the ground and is consumed by it!

As they turn around to leave they suddenly face the great oak which seems to have moved here! It opens up with a crack in the center and and old naked man with a green beard steps out, the Guardian, no longer trapped he thanks them on behalf of the woods, naming them Forrestfriends, he gives them little news about their village, just saying that the animals sensed a great evil approaching and fled, seeing nothing. They find some weapons and money, aswell as a courier bag in an old chest at the base of teh spirits tree and they can see the woods rapidly becoming green and lush! They too receive the forests healing. They take farewell of the guardian and are led back through the woods to their camp by a doe, and accompanied by various and many happy animals.

From this point, feeling magicaly refreshed they continue on towards Gripe Crossing. The next day the woods end and they come into plains strewn with hills, cliffs and patches of trees. Here they meet a haggard merchant and his wounded nephew. They had the day before been attacked by bandits who stole their wagon, they tend to the young, wounded man and actually save him. They share camp and the next morning they head of to the tradestation, they travel two more days before they see the roofs and chimneys of the station.

Here ended session two, and Part 1.