Nate's New Sunday Night Game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Aramis
Lore Drake

Re: Nate's New Sunday Night Game

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote:So, did the moathouse get taken last night or do we have to roll up new characters?

R-
Only the druid...or should I say badger/pixie?

I managed to keep the druid unscathed but still effective with many bow shots to the faces of the enemy. However, I did have to turn you into a goodberry tree to keep the various fighter types vertical

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Good game all. Sorry Tree/Chuck. Zaragoth didn't do any healing at all and the druid had to do everything to keep everyone alive. Shameful cleric....

Suggestion: Maybe have the server up 30-60 min before game time so we can load it up beforehand.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

LordSeurek wrote: Suggestion: Maybe have the server up 30-60 min before game time so we can load it up beforehand.
Yes, we do need to have all the maps for the day preloaded.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I could have even made the last hour or so of the game, but then I had a flat tire. It was so cold the fix a flat would not work, until I realized it was still too cold and put it in front of a heater vent for 20 minutes. Then I was able to drive slowly home. Stopping at the first gas station we came across with a working air pump. By that time you guys should have been quitting, so I didn't bother checking in.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Finster laid down some serious smack. Unfortunately, Nate's virtual dice were hot and Finster got knocked out a few times. He's better now. ;-)
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I will likely be late to the game this weekend, since it is our youngest childs birthday, but I should make it at some point.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

I should be there. Wife is going out of town for a week so if anything comes up before the game, I'll post.

L.S.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Treebore wrote:I will likely be late to the game this weekend, since it is our youngest childs birthday, but I should make it at some point.
I'll run Finster until Tree is able to join us.
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

We will definitely be gaming this Sunday. I will have exp and treasure up for the last two sessions before game time. Sorry been slow with this. Just not finding time to get to it.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Total Exp for last two sessions:

332 ea. The running total will be found in the first post.

Loot for last two sessions:

Magic Scroll – Lorimar
Mail Hauberk
Sm. Steel Shield x2
Ringmail – Fulgrim
Longsword x2
Flail
Padded armor
Sm. Wooden Shield x2
Studded Leather
Leather x5
Short Sword
Javelins x3
Halberd - Fulgrim
Spear x2
Handaxe
Crossbow, Lt. x3
Club
Mace
Voulge
Morningstar x6
Chest with 2000 CP
Citrines x2
Gold Chain
Bolt of Fine Cloth x2
Crystal Flagon and 4 Goblets
Inlaid wooden box
Arrows x4
Silver Bracelet

PP: 15; GP: 46; SP: 77; CP: 2020 (includes the 2000 from chest)

I have awarded full exp for treasure. I list all mundane weapons and armor from opponents to allow party members to equip themselves if need be. However, I assume you left all mundane equipment behind unless it detected as magical.

My notes did not reflect a detect magic being used. Perhaps I missed it. If one was used, let me know.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

I also updated Epicwords for those that use it.

If usage is low, I may quit updating it.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

nwelte1 wrote:I also updated Epicwords for those that use it.

I'm a little late in getting my journals posted to it (doing it now), but I do like it. It helps me remember what we did and where we left off.
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Demiurge wrote:
nwelte1 wrote:I also updated Epicwords for those that use it.

I'm a little late in getting my journals posted to it (doing it now), but I do like it. It helps me remember what we did and where we left off.
Good point, especially with 2 weeks between each session. I'll have to try and check it out before the game starts and after my girl goes to bed.

L.S.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Weather will be keeping us home, so I should be able to play on time. Our alternative plans are still up in the air, so not absolutely sure as of yet.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Server is up early. Feel free to load whatever maps I have available. I locked token movement, so you will be unable to move around.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Well, two TPKs in one week. That has to be some kind of record. It didn't quite have the artistry of Rigon's Patented De-Head-ification Service (Helms our specialty) but it did have a just enough panache to say "Nwelte" all over it :lol:

Stealing the druid's gonads was just rude, though!

That kind of thing can happen at low levels in these mega dungeons. Although I don't remember too many TPKs back in the day, there were lots of captures or "lost in the desert without water" kind of outcomes so you handled it in a fun way.

Hopefully we can survive a complete session without total mortality in one of these games :lol:

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Believe it or not, I held back. I was trying to single that the party should retreat and rethink its approach. But, NO!!!! You guys just ran right up the hall and into waiting arms after the alarm went off. Crazy PCs. What do they think they are? A bunch of Heroes???

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Remember, your now elevated to "Dick", and I do not mean the nick name for Richard.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Safe to assume Zaragoth is also dead Nate? How do you handle that if the player is not there?

L.S.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Aramis exaggerates. No one died. 4 knocked out, 1 held, 2 ran away. Zaragoth ran w/ 2 hit points after dropping many guards with his spear. Lucan ran as well. Finster, Hamish, Ja'Heim, and Fulgrim "napped" through portions of the fight. Lorimar tried to be brave, but ended up held.

Finster, Hamish, Ja'Heim, Fulgrim, and Lorimar succeeded at an escape attempt.

Long story short, everyone lived after learning running into entrenched foes through a kill zone was not a good idea.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't make (again). :oops: Nate, I'm not sure if you got my Facebook message, but my phone was not letting me log onto the boards to post. Saturday night the Mrs and I went to my buddy's house to drink and play board games and since we didn't have work on Monday, we decided to drink and play board games all day Sunday. I would have posted something yesterday, but He lives in the middle of a state forest and does not have internet. I plan on making it to the next session.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote: He lives in the middle of a state forest and does not have internet. I plan on making it to the next session.

R-
Possible picture of said friend?

Image ;)

As to next session, you really want to make it because the way we are going, there may not be too many more :lol:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

LordSeurek wrote:Safe to assume Zaragoth is also dead Nate? How do you handle that if the player is not there?

L.S.
Yeah, I kept your ass alive. You took out several with that nasty wolf spear of yours too. I think the lowest damage you did was 5 HP, and you hit far more often than you missed. You got out of there (ran) with 2 HP left. This was at the point where you were out of spells, 4 were down and unconscious, and a 5th was held.

Fortunately those 5 were not dead, so were taken prisoner, and were later able to pull off a prison escape.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aramis wrote:
Rigon wrote: He lives in the middle of a state forest and does not have internet. I plan on making it to the next session.

R-
Possible picture of said friend?

Image ;)

As to next session, you really want to make it because the way we are going, there may not be too many more :lol:
That's a pretty good likeness. And I'll be there to out think you.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

scp
Ungern

Post by scp »

Sorry I didn't make it this week, guys. It was a hectic week and I couldn't make it. I will let you guys know if I am going to be out in the future. I feel bad that I didn't give notice. Wont happen again.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

scp wrote:Sorry I didn't make it this week, guys. It was a hectic week and I couldn't make it. I will let you guys know if I am going to be out in the future. I feel bad that I didn't give notice. Wont happen again.

Yeah, a heads up is always greatly appreciated. The good news is your PC escaped.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Treebore wrote:
LordSeurek wrote:Safe to assume Zaragoth is also dead Nate? How do you handle that if the player is not there?

L.S.
Yeah, I kept your ass alive. You took out several with that nasty wolf spear of yours too. I think the lowest damage you did was 5 HP, and you hit far more often than you missed. You got out of there (ran) with 2 HP left. This was at the point where you were out of spells, 4 were down and unconscious, and a 5th was held.

Fortunately those 5 were not dead, so were taken prisoner, and were later able to pull off a prison escape.
Thanks for the update Tree, and to you or whomever ran Zaragoth for 90% of the session I missed...

L.S.

scp
Ungern

Post by scp »

Treebore wrote:
scp wrote:Sorry I didn't make it this week, guys. It was a hectic week and I couldn't make it. I will let you guys know if I am going to be out in the future. I feel bad that I didn't give notice. Wont happen again.

Yeah, a heads up is always greatly appreciated. The good news is your PC escaped.

Yeah, I know, I know. Stupid IRL problems getting in the way of my in-game enjoyment!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

LordSeurek wrote:
Treebore wrote:

L.S.

Thanks for the update Tree, and to you or whomever ran Zaragoth for 90% of the session I missed...

L.S.
Yep, I played him. I rolled pretty awesome for both our characters, unfortunately it was not enough to win the day, or keep me from getting captured.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Total exp per person is no 377. Not much gain. Most of what you fought was less than 15 exp each. I even awarded full exp of unidentified items and stolen items.

Just goes to show, phat loot is the key to leveling. ;)

As for lost/stolen goods:

The party's total coin currently in their pocket earned as a result of the campaign is as follows:
PP: 6; GP: 3; SP: 9; CP: 7 (I reached this number by reducing the previous total by 5 shares.)

The party also lost the following:

Magic Scroll - one Furnok gave
Gold Chain
Bolt of Fine Cloth
Inlaid Wooden Box
Arrow x4 (Never identified)
Blue Quartz

What does that leave the party:

Bolt of fine cloth
Crystal Flagon with 4 Goblets
Citrine x2
Silver Necklace

Those that escaped prison where able to recover their basic gear.