Player base size estimates and organized play?

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Player base size estimates and organized play?

Post by Storycrafter »

At best guess, what's the size of our current player base, particularly those who would play online?

Has anyone tried to put together an organized play system -- something akin to Pathfinder Society? If not, would it work?

As it stands, I could play in PFS almost every day, or at least several times a week. I could play for as little as 3 hours any of those times, or obviously for much longer. Am I the only one that feels like our community is missing out?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Player base size estimates and organized play?

Post by alcyone »

Maybe you need to take a poll. Last time I did, I found almost everyone here, at least the ones who answer polls, are CKs, not necessarily players.

The C&C Society would be the place to do that, and it was discussed at one point, though then it was more of an RPGA type thing, rewards and materials for running games at stores.

I don't use G+, but it seems like there is 24/7 gaming over there, whatever system you want, especially if you do the FLAILSNAILS thing. Otherwise, getting in an online game generally involves posting to the online games topic, and working out Skype/G+ and Maptool/Fantasy Grounds/Play By Post etc.

I am not familiar with the Pathfinder Society and don't know what they are doing. Do they have a webapp for organizing play or something?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Storycrafter wrote:At best guess, what's the size of our current player base, particularly those who would play online?
About 6 feet, 225 pounds.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:
Storycrafter wrote:At best guess, what's the size of our current player base, particularly those who would play online?
About 6 feet, 225 pounds.
That was sophomore year in high school. I'm many pbb's beyond that weight now and 5" taller. I'd probably be taller except for the gravitational forces generated by my gut.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Has anyone tried to put together an organized play system -- something akin to Pathfinder Society? If not, would it work?

As it stands, I could play in PFS almost every day, or at least several times a week. I could play for as little as 3 hours any of those times, or obviously for much longer. Am I the only one that feels like our community is missing out?
I don't know what Pathfinder Society is but I can assure you we are nothing like that (whatever it is)

The online base here seems quite small. There used to be 2 main groups, and various smaller games came and went. Of late, the smaller groups seem to have gone quiet, as has one of the two main groups.

In both cases, this might be because people are still playing but just do not post here anymore, but it is not a large pool of gamers by any means, which is a shame really

It is not unusual on various boards to see people bemoaning their lack of gaming opportunities locally, but I think many of them would really enjoy online gaming if they gave it a try. It has certainly provided an enjoyable 5 years of gaming for me