View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:33 am



Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign 
Author Message
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Well, it was extra slow today at work, so I was able to get some more finished for the adventure. Hope you play it smart. :twisted:

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:06 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 3867
Location: Oklahoma
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Rigon wrote:
Well, it was extra slow today at work, so I was able to get some more finished for the adventure. Hope you play it smart. :twisted:

R-



Great game, touch n go on the combat. But, if it was easy everyone would be doing it! :lol:

I have to finish the Sunday school lesson in my free time tomorrow, but after that I'll do the write up and post it.

For playing it smart, I have an idea or 3. But, forgive Alywine when he steps up and starts giving orders ... It will be his knight training (and my SNCO habits) putting a plan together...

_________________
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society


Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 am
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 1693
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Lurker wrote:
But, forgive Alywine when he steps up and starts giving orders ... It will be his knight training (and my SNCO habits) putting a plan together...


Plans are always welcome, but remember your Von Moltke:

"no battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

...and your Tyson:

"everybody's got a plan until they get hit"

...and your Aramis:

"screw it, I'm gonna fireball the room"

:lol:


Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:58 am
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Aramis wrote:
...and your Aramis:

"screw it, I'm gonna fireball the room"

:lol:

That's the one I like best. :lol:

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:24 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 3867
Location: Oklahoma
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Aramis wrote:
Lurker wrote:
But, forgive Alywine when he steps up and starts giving orders ... It will be his knight training (and my SNCO habits) putting a plan together...


Plans are always welcome, but remember your Von Moltke:

"no battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

...and your Tyson:

"everybody's got a plan until they get hit"

...and your Aramis:

"screw it, I'm gonna fireball the room"

:lol:


All of them are toooooo true !

_________________
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society


Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:23 am
Profile
Red Cap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 217
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Gents, I apologize but I'm not going to make our session tonight. Have fun!

_________________
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.


Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:03 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:00 am
Posts: 123
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
I'm going to be late again today by about an hour. My sons soccer time got changed on me. See you in 2 hours.


Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:08 am
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Guys, sorry for the late notice, but I'm still not home yet and not sure when I'll get there. So, I'm going to cancel for tonight.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:18 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:00 am
Posts: 123
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
no problem Chuck, I just got home. I would have caught the last 1/2 hour of the game. See you next week.


Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:33 am
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
I finally got home around 11 pm my time. Stupid real life issues that crop up unexpectedly. GRRRR!

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:48 pm
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 1693
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Rigon wrote:
I finally got home around 11 pm my time. Stupid real life issues that crop up unexpectedly. GRRRR!

R-


Glad to hear you finally made bail ;)


Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:18 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Barring anything unexpected, game is on.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:07 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2727
Location: The Court of the Crimson King
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Poor Seamus. Completely useless in combat last night, and when he rolled a 20 on his legend lore all he could come up with is, "Yeah, I have heard of those assassins that we have just heard about from someone else. Can't tell you much about them really." :)

_________________
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com


Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:20 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Aergraith wrote:
Poor Seamus. Completely useless in combat last night, and when he rolled a 20 on his legend lore all he could come up with is, "Yeah, I have heard of those assassins that we have just heard about from someone else. Can't tell you much about them really." :)

I'll have more info at a later date.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:02 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
As promised:

What you would know of Bhaal
-The God of Murder (the act of killing itself)
-He is a Lesser Deity
-Most Bhaalites operate in urban areas.

What Seamus “remembered” with his legend lore check
-The Daggers of Bhaal were rumored to be an adventuring fellowship that worked the rural areas between the Mere of Dead Men and Luskan and had a base somewhere in the Kryptgarden Mountains. They haven’t been heard from for several years and are presumed dead.
-The Kryptgarden Mountains were the northern border of the Fallen Kingdom ( a kingdom of humans, elves, and dwarves that was over ran by orc hordes over 1000 years ago). They mountains are the home of many monsters, namely giants and humanoids. They are also rumored to be infested with undead.
-The Kryptgarden Forest is also rumored to be infested with undead (perhaps the source for the undead in the mountains).
-There are many ruined keeps and outposts of the Fallen Kingdom in the mountains.
-There are no known human settlements in the mountains, but there was a dwarven community in the foothills of the mountains, however no one has heard from them for over 40 years.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:48 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
I'll have a new map up of the area on MT that will give you a good lay of the land.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:49 pm
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 1693
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Rigon wrote:
As promised:

What you would know of Bhaal
-The God of Murder (the act of killing itself)
-He is a Lesser Deity
-Most Bhaalites operate in urban areas.

What Seamus “remembered” with his legend lore check
-The Daggers of Bhaal were rumored to be an adventuring fellowship that worked the rural areas between the Mere of Dead Men and Luskan and had a base somewhere in the Kryptgarden Mountains. They haven’t been heard from for several years and are presumed dead.
-The Kryptgarden Mountains were the northern border of the Fallen Kingdom ( a kingdom of humans, elves, and dwarves that was over ran by orc hordes over 1000 years ago). They mountains are the home of many monsters, namely giants and humanoids. They are also rumored to be infested with undead.
-The Kryptgarden Forest is also rumored to be infested with undead (perhaps the source for the undead in the mountains).
-There are many ruined keeps and outposts of the Fallen Kingdom in the mountains.
-There are no known human settlements in the mountains, but there was a dwarven community in the foothills of the mountains, however no one has heard from them for over 40 years.

R-


Excellent work Seamus. This changes our tactics completely!

I now say we should fireball them into oblivion ;)


Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:54 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 3867
Location: Oklahoma
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Aramis wrote:
Rigon wrote:
As promised:

What you would know of Bhaal
-The God of Murder (the act of killing itself)
-He is a Lesser Deity
-Most Bhaalites operate in urban areas.

What Seamus “remembered” with his legend lore check
-The Daggers of Bhaal were rumored to be an adventuring fellowship that worked the rural areas between the Mere of Dead Men and Luskan and had a base somewhere in the Kryptgarden Mountains. They haven’t been heard from for several years and are presumed dead.
-The Kryptgarden Mountains were the northern border of the Fallen Kingdom ( a kingdom of humans, elves, and dwarves that was over ran by orc hordes over 1000 years ago). They mountains are the home of many monsters, namely giants and humanoids. They are also rumored to be infested with undead.
-The Kryptgarden Forest is also rumored to be infested with undead (perhaps the source for the undead in the mountains).
-There are many ruined keeps and outposts of the Fallen Kingdom in the mountains.
-There are no known human settlements in the mountains, but there was a dwarven community in the foothills of the mountains, however no one has heard from them for over 40 years.

R-


Excellent work Seamus. This changes our tactics completely!

I now say we should fireball them into oblivion ;)



Rgr that, especially the info on infested with undead. It is bad that it is stated twice!!!! Plus no known human settlements.

_________________
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society


Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:34 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 3867
Location: Oklahoma
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Are we on for this week or is it an off week?

_________________
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society


Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:08 am
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1741
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Lurker wrote:
Are we on for this week or is it an off week?


Good question, guess it depends on whether Treebore is going to be running his game.


Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:15 am
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 1693
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
I think it's all Rigon, all the time, until Treebore is back. Rigon did mention he was doing some stuff with a school play at some point.


Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 am
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Aramis wrote:
I think it's all Rigon, all the time, until Treebore is back. Rigon did mention he was doing some stuff with a school play at some point.

Should be a game this week, my game. Next week will be hairy, that's production week and there is not telling what will need done. See you all tomorrow.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Nine Hells
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
I'm running part 2 of Verdant Rage tonight if anyone's interested.

_________________
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan


Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:58 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:00 am
Posts: 123
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
I'm not sure if I will make the game tonight or not. have to go to the in-laws for supper....yay! :cry:


Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:31 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
ArrowHawk wrote:
I'm not sure if I will make the game tonight or not. have to go to the in-laws for supper....yay! :cry:

Have fun. :lol:

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:13 am
Profile
Red Cap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 217
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Gentlemen, my sabbatical (from the Monday night campaigns) will last for one more session (tonight) as I support the conclusion of my daughter's altered schedule. Thanks guys.

_________________
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.


Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:35 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 3867
Location: Oklahoma
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
my girls are still doing homework & I am helping them.

I may be a few min late

_________________
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society


Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:46 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 3867
Location: Oklahoma
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Great game last night!

I'll do the write up in a day or 2.

I have a 'day off' sooooooo, have 3 or 4 honey do projects to do, & if I have time, need to spend some time in the woods (or on the pond bank if I hear any quackers or honkers in the area )

_________________
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society


Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:36 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Lurker wrote:
Great game last night!

I'll do the write up in a day or 2.

I have a 'day off' sooooooo, have 3 or 4 honey do projects to do, & if I have time, need to spend some time in the woods (or on the pond bank if I hear any quackers or honkers in the area )

Go get them soldier.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:22 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7149
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign
Just added to my house rules.

Spell Disruption: A spell can be disrupted if the caster is being grappled, takes damage, or has their concentration affected in any way. However, if he caster can make an Attribute Check (as deemed appropriate by the CK), the caster can still cast the spell.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007


Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.