View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 38  Next
Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game 
Clang lives!

Post Re: Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game
Kayolan wrote:
So, which is it, wand of fireballs or magic missiles? :)

About this evil cloak, what does it look like, how and where was it found?

Magic Missile. Kurt is keeping the wand of fireballs for himself (though, he is recharging the wand of magic missiles for you).

The cloak is an evil holy item worn by the leader of the Black Moon Hobgoblins. You guys got it after you killed him and his captains.

R-

My Game Threads

Wed May 31, 2017 1:58 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Fun game Monday. Oh the mystery ... a whole town of dwarves gone, the only thing amiss is oil poured at the gate and the one gate off the hinges (well and now the door Barleg ripped out of the door frame) ... is it magic, is it sickness, is it a dragon, is it a demon, what can it be ????

Now if it was tree running the game I'd be worried about a trip to ravenloft when the night mountain fog climbed out of the valley streams in the area.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 am
Lore Drake

Lurker wrote:
Fun game Monday. Oh the mystery ... a whole town of dwarves gone, the only thing amiss is oil poured at the gate and the one gate off the hinges (well and now the door Barleg ripped out of the door frame) ... is it magic, is it sickness, is it a dragon, is it a demon, what can it be ????

Now if it was tree running the game I'd be worried about a trip to ravenloft when the night mountain fog climbed out of the valley streams in the area.

Yeah, not one single dwarf found so far, very strange indeed. Kelidor suspects some great magic was misused here. It's a shame we weren't able to figure out what kind of power created those glyphs, was it dwarf magic to protect the place or placed there after by something sinister.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:43 am
Greater Lore Drake

Wellllllll

That family friend that I mentioned was sick last Monday. It looked like he was getting a little better each day. However, the improvement was hiding multiple other issues that were as bad or worse than what he went to the hospital for. Then on Friday he started a downward spiral ... and it has been worse today.

The short of it is tomorrow morning we have to tell the doc to pull the plug on the respirator and stop all life saving treatments ... The only thing he will get after that is pain meds - & I mean big bore pain meds !!! - After that it is just a question of how long his heart will last or how long till he throws a catastrophic stroke ...

So, I will more than likely miss Monday's game.

Whoever plays Lupa, make sure he looks cool when he saves Barleg, also remember I have the gloves of dex ... I think I added them to the dice rollers I have saved on him, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers - pray more for my mom than me ... I'm a cold hearted veteran, so am used to death, but this will hit my mom hard ... she considers him almost as close a son as my brother & I are ...

C&C Society

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:16 am
Mogrl

Lurker wrote:
Wellllllll

That family friend that I mentioned was sick last Monday. It looked like he was getting a little better each day. However, the improvement was hiding multiple other issues that were as bad or worse than what he went to the hospital for. Then on Friday he started a downward spiral ... and it has been worse today.

The short of it is tomorrow morning we have to tell the doc to pull the plug on the respirator and stop all life saving treatments ... The only thing he will get after that is pain meds - & I mean big bore pain meds !!! - After that it is just a question of how long his heart will last or how long till he throws a catastrophic stroke ...

So, I will more than likely miss Monday's game.

Whoever plays Lupa, make sure he looks cool when he saves Barleg, also remember I have the gloves of dex ... I think I added them to the dice rollers I have saved on him, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers - pray more for my mom than me ... I'm a cold hearted veteran, so am used to death, but this will hit my mom hard ... she considers him almost as close a son as my brother & I are ...

Damn. I hope he goes quick, no doubt he would do so as well, if he has enough coherence to even know what is going on.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:59 am
Clang lives!

Praying for your family, Les.

R-

My Game Threads

Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Rigon wrote:
Praying for your family, Les.

R-

Thanks, it is a rough one, and not over yet. However, My mom, my brother and I got to say our real good by to him.

We are now just waiting for the official passing, but he won't feel a thing till them ... LOTS of high end big bore pain meds are keeping him in a fog.

It's funny, but the thing that helped me (and my brother) the most is helping the ICU nurses ... My brother is a surg tec, and with my EMT training plus all the mil training, so we aren't normal family members ... I told the nurses " see I told you the two of us Rouell brothers are aby-normal, in oh so many ways" the nurses laughed at that one !!!

When the official decision was made and the doc hacked off on it. They cut the pain meds enough so he was at a point to fill the pain and react. That way he could start breathing when the pulled the vet tube from his lungs. The nurses were then doing everything as things started going fast when he came out of the fog. Everyone else left , My brother & I slid in and were the extra hands, eventually doing all the talking to him to explain to him what was happening and to keep him calm ... My brother, as a surg teck, knew what all the drugs were for and would explain it to him, then I'd finish his sentence and start talking him through the calm, controlled breaths, ... I was in straight sgt mode ...

It's odd, not talking to my brother for years - we both just aren't phone talking people - but sliding in and knowing what each other were doing where to move to help each other (and the nurses) and knowing what to do from just a glance at each other ... Almost like being back with my dad and the 2 of us helping in his metal shop or working on a car with dad ...

After it was over, and they had him back in a DEEP fog, the nurses said "yeah, abby normal, and that is the best way possible to say thanks to you 2 Rouell boys" Then they gave us a good big hug and teard up a bit - the hug was good, both of them were cute - They had spent the last days in with our family off and on hearing all the family stories, jokes and even ate with us a couple of times ... So I think he was more than a normal patient and we weren't just an average family to them .

The bad part is after 10 min, I was tasting dust - In SGT mode, and with the medic stress I guess part of my mind was back on a deployment - I still taste dust 10 hours later. But being able to help at the worst part and get into sgt mode helped me say good by to him and purge the emotions ... Plus, it helped my mom coming in as the dust settle and see us there flowing with the nurses and helping him before he went so deep into a fog that he wouldn't even hear anyone talk.

Sorry about venting here ... I guess all the emotions aren't completely purged ... 'talking' about it helps ...

Good luck with the Game tomorrow ... either he will have passed and we will be dealing with that, or my mom, brother , and I will be going out to have a good mom sons evening and move through the weekend.

Again sorry about venting, and thanks for the thoughts, well wishes, and prayers.

C&C Society

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:06 am
Mogrl

Talk all you want, happy to help you get through this.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:01 am
Mogrl

To update you all... Rom is out of surgery and it all went well. That's all I've got for now.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:50 pm
Ulthal

Sorry to hear you are going through all this Les. Prayers up for you and your family.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:57 pm
Lore Drake

Apologies for the no-show guys, had internet problems and couldn't get back on until morning.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:12 pm
Clang lives!

No problems, mang.

R-

My Game Threads

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:54 am
Greater Lore Drake

My Friend passed early yesterday afternoon, and my mom and brother helped his partner handle the start of the arangments that have to be handled. So, by the time I got off work, they were ready for a good dinner and relaxing ... We all went out to a fairly good dinner, a few adult beverages, and a final sigh that it was over ...

I got home at about 2030 ... but was too exhausted to play. So, I went to bed ...

Hope the game went well, and Lupa look cool when he saved the day.

C&C Society

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:13 am
Lore Drake

My condolences Les, sorry to hear about your friend.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 am
Mogrl

When it gets that bad, the only good outcome is eternal rest. My condolences to you and yours.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:22 pm
Clang lives!

My condolences to you and your family, Les.

R-

My Game Threads

Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:24 am
Greater Lore Drake

all
thanks for your thoughts prayers and condolences ...

the dust is settling now time to rest ...

C&C Society

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:46 pm
Clang lives!

Tree canceled the A&8s game, so you you guys want, I will run my game tonight.

R-

My Game Threads

Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:17 pm
Ulthal

I'm ok to play, but probably can't join until around 10 pm or so. I'll watch for updates.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:08 pm
Clang lives!

Hey, sorry to do this on such short notice, but I have to get some stuff finished on the house tonight. I have more to do tomorrow morning. Mary's uncle is coming Wednesday morning to help her mud the drywall and I have to get that finished too. Sorry.

R-

My Game Threads

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:19 am
Mogrl

Yeah, sorry about this, guys. We should have been home by today, but my wife has been sick the last two days, so we didn't even travel yesterday, and today we only went about 7 hours, so have about 8 more to do tomorrow to get all the way back to AZ.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:42 am
Greater Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:
Yeah, sorry about this, guys. We should have been home by today, but my wife has been sick the last two days, so we didn't even travel yesterday, and today we only went about 7 hours, so have about 8 more to do tomorrow to get all the way back to AZ.

No issues brother, know what it is like ...

Plus, I had a TStorm over head at game time and my internet was dead, so I couldn't have gamed even if everyone else was able to.

Hope your wife feels better and you finish the final leg of the trip with no issues.

C&C Society

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:17 pm
Mogrl

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:

Plus, I had a TStorm over head at game time and my internet was dead, so I couldn't have gamed even if everyone else was able to.

If that was the storm that hit us in Tulsa, not surprised you lost power.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:44 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Tulsa ... you were less than 30 miles from my house, so yeah that was the storm.

Hope you made it out of the area before the storms hit today ... it is a wet noisy 4th here again this year

C&C Society

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:54 pm
Clang lives!

Can I just say, drywall SUCKS!

R-

My Game Threads

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:55 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Ha rgr that

hangin or muddin ... they both suck.

C&C Society

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:29 pm
Ulthal

Hope everyone had a good Independence Day. Hope your wife is feeling better Tree.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:52 pm
Mogrl

Lurker wrote:
Tulsa ... you were less than 30 miles from my house, so yeah that was the storm.

Hope you made it out of the area before the storms hit today ... it is a wet noisy 4th here again this year

Well dang! I will have to remmeber your that close in case we ever lay over in Tulsa again. We never had before, but we may end up doing so again.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:40 am
Mogrl

Out and about today doing Doctors appoinntments in Sierra Vista AND Tucson. I SHOIULD be back, but one of htese appoiintments is with my wife, and its my actual Birthday (51), so if I am not here when you start, you have an idea as to why.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:45 pm
Ulthal

Treebore wrote:
Out and about today doing Doctors appoinntments in Sierra Vista AND Tucson. I SHOIULD be back, but one of htese appoiintments is with my wife, and its my actual Birthday (51), so if I am not here when you start, you have an idea as to why.

Well Happy Birthday then!

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 38  Next