The Sojourn -SKYPE Tuesday (recruiting)

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Re: The Umbrage Saga -SKYPE Sunday

Post by slimykuotoan »

Good game gentlemen. :)
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

surleydwarf
Skobbit

Post by surleydwarf »

Journal Entry 1: Korriz Bar Devlin De Stonewater:

How it is that something so valuable is sent off from the undermountian to a place where there is no forge. Yes, someone in the order of the Forge Dwarfs decided to send away a masterful relic forge hammer used by our faithful to craft weapons and armor for thousands of years to impress or strengthen the bounds between our clan and the land dwelling brothers to the East. So the forge hammer is sent off, never to reach its destination and there is no information to where it was lost. The elders then gathered many to be sent off to find the hammer or information leading to the location of our precious relic. Here my journey begins; a low level fighter and entry level cleric of Cutter was volun-told to find information of our precious forge hammer. Fast forward many days until I reach a human settlement with a small Inn. Here I meet two adventurers, a Human ranger/druid named Rail and a Halfling assassin named Giles. These adventures seem to be looking for some coin or jewels. Riches the long for as most adventures seek, but i seek knowledge and after a little prying they have no idea about the forger hammer. Our short conversation within the bar area is interrupted by a very old looking human mage going by the name of Dellan. Dellan is looking for fodder, I mean adventures to seek some old druids to help them out with a blight on the land.

Worth a look I thought to myself something maybe this could lead to the forge hammer. So we accept the Mages quest and we head off to speak to the Druids of some freaking forest. Druids will protect the animals within their forest but evil within, no..... we must send out for help because I need to turn to a bunny and go forth and spread my disease on other bunny’s by humping every other one I see, strange fold are these druids. Like old lazy cats that sun themselves all day and nap.

Along the way we met up with very horrid looking human mage named Reid "Mad Eye" I mean this guy had a face like a jar of smashed assholes. You are almost repulsed and revolted at the same time. Reid travels with a Gnome rogue/illusionist named Clicker Copperbuckle. The more fodder the merrier me thinks, we explain the situation and all agree to equal share of treasure along the way. It’s not far from her we are noticed by a horde of lizards, which are quickly dispatched. I myself almost succumb to their attacks, so it’s nice to have others to save your ass because you have faulted for a moment. I remember the druid giving me some dingleberries to heal. I think it was dingle berries, I woke up from being knocked out to a strange warm substance in my mouth. I hope that was healing berries he shoved in my mouth. Not even an hour away we run into a pack of wild dogs, Rail decides to commune with nature, frigging nature folk, and try to befriend the dogs well that fails and we have to behead the dogs. Here we come to the what are you thinking moment, where a few hours walk into the wood leads to a group of human brigands that try to rob us, US! So when they falter very quickly the former robbers now become a source of income to our motley crew of adventurers. Looted and left to rot we leave our unfortunate band of brigands to venture forth to a place to stay for a nights rest.

Many an hour travel we come upon a shack near a lake which we hear a slight noise coming from it, upon investigation we find a human male sleeping it off, in a very deep slumber. We go to wake him and a little girl comes running in to thank us for rising the falling. Well, what we think is a little girl is actually a water nymph from the nearby lake; she thanks us for waking her human male and asks us to cleanse the lake with a potion she made. Done deal and as a reward we are offered a potion of invisibility and coin each. Its here we rest the night for meet the druids in the afternoon tomorrow.

Journal Entry 2: Korriz Bar Devlin De Stonewater:

How do these creatures wake up without a granite rock face above their heads and feel energized and refreshed? Oh how I long for my bed in the rocks of under the mountain, a good feed of roast beast and a never ending supply of ale. I must find this hammer soon or a shall go mad me thinks within this vast open greenland.

Enough banter, we set off, hours of travel lead to a to a tunnel. Yes, the dingy dampness of under earth, here I feel better. My vision expands to the full effect and I feel almost at home. A glint of shiny catches the eye of a fellow party member, a skeleton foot with boot lay sticking out of some rubble that seem to have falling from an unsettled ceiling. Our handsome mage fellow, I call him handsome because well sex with 3 people is a threesome, sex with 2 people a twosome and the mage well he is handsome. Funny thing he uses mage hand to move rubble, egh, I wonder where else the hand has been. Back to him moving dirt, upon removal of the dirt we see that the skeleton is not quite dead and he has company, they reanimate and begin to move to our group longing our life force. I call upon the faith and one runs away out of fear of the might of CUTTER!!! The other skeletons are dispatched, again. I like to add here that the gnome's fighting training is bad. Like really bad, I'd say if he tried to stab himself he would impale his short sword in a tree, 10 feet away. He should stick to magic, seeing him fight sickens me. Actually the ranger isn't much better, but shows improvement. Handsome, meanwhile is quite proficient with his sword.

The encounter is done; the party goes about searching to see if there is anything salvageable. Its here my dark vision notices a small figure, almost at its complete maximum range. Upon investigation we meet a dwarf named Fizbin who seems to be a little soft in the head or brain would be a better description. He speaks of orc attacks and treasure how he knows the way and how the orcs can’t kill him. He says we should follow him to his secret treasure to be safe. His rambles are almost maddening. He leads us across a stone bridge into a cave that was a forge. A DWARFEN FORGE!!! We don’t even get a chance to look around when we are attacked by orcs, well what Fizbin calls orcs. They are a cave dwelling rat like creature that are no match for our party to handle. Rats dead we search; we find a chain mail suit that would fit a human, a nice looking sword and a pair on dwarfing runes craved bracers. Concentrating on the items I figure out the sword are bracers are magical. I quickly snatch up the braces and lock them on. I feel the sensation of being harder to hit in battle, yes these are meant for me.

The cave/forge leads outside where we meet the druids. 3 of them to be exact. We let Rail to be our voice since he is a druid of some sorts. He’s good for making berries that heal I guess. We find out that the blight is cause by a gnoll named Gritznak the Bold . It is gathering items and followers to summon up the faith of an old ancient god, the horned one named Unklar. This god is pure evil in many deity circles, it must not be summoned or the horned minotaur demon shall rain in blood again. Now we must go clean up the blight.

The grand long bearded one blesses us and we are one our way to Baleon Nakt to seek the temple. Druids, freaking druids, they are supposed to be all powerful, but they can’t stop the gnoll? Too busy bunny humping to help out. They should turn into a bird and fly the frack into the sun; at least then the explosion of the burning bird body would be entertaining to my eyes. They could have saved that dwarf from madness years ago but nope, bunny humping. The only good thing is that throughout this conversation with the bunny humpers, I might have gotten a lead on to where the hammer has traveled to. Maybe this gnoll has it in the old temple.

We figure the blessing only last 3 days so we make haste to Baleon Nakt. The rest of day uneventful until night falls and we must rest. We make camp. Awaken only a short time later from our slumber by some viscous creature sucking the blood from our very own party members, sturges they are named and will suck you to death. Not like the druids mother, or the illusionist at hand to hand combat but it would suck the blood till you are drained dead. Two party members are almost surcum to the drain effect and whoa the druid produces dingle berries, yes eat my dingle berries he says it’ll heal you. Bunny humper. I sleep now.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Great post surleydwarf!
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Fun game guys, so glad to be playing in this campaign finally. Don you ran a great session this last Sunday, the night-time stirge feeding on my character was creepy and showed me that stirges actually are quite scary.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Thanx Kayolan.

Yeah, they can be mosquitoes from hell. Now we know why small tents are offered in the equipment section. :)

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

It's cool too, to run a 'realistic' campaign in the sense that sleeping outside without so much as a bedroll means not sleeping well, and having penalties the next day.

And no pot or kettle means no boiled water, etc.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Beware the Horned One. He who shall not be named.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

slimykuotoan wrote:Beware the Horned One. He who shall not be named.
Giles shudders at the thought of this "Horned One" that the druids spoke of, surely the legend must be only children's tales...?

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Aye, mayhap. Mayhap...

Damage-Devil
Hlobane Orc

Post by Damage-Devil »

slimykuotoan wrote:It's cool too, to run a 'realistic' campaign in the sense that sleeping outside without so much as a bedroll means not sleeping well, and having penalties the next day.

Love this! I hope we stay in "Survival Mode" throughout the campaign. It adds so much realism to it in my mind esp since we are map and token light. I hope we get in to situations where temps drop to freezing, armor starts seizing from moisture, rations run low, non-magic items wear out etc.

Shopping list:

Small Mirror
Small Tent
Pot
Hammer
10 Flasks Oil
Ink (1 ounce)
50' Silk Rope
Parchment (10 pcs)
Quill
Giant can of Stirge Repellent

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Damage-Devil wrote:
slimykuotoan wrote:It's cool too, to run a 'realistic' campaign in the sense that sleeping outside without so much as a bedroll means not sleeping well, and having penalties the next day.

Love this! I hope we stay in "Survival Mode" throughout the campaign. It adds so much realism to it in my mind esp since we are map and token light. I hope we get in to situations where temps drop to freezing, armor starts seizing from moisture, rations run low, non-magic items wear out etc.
Same here. Though 0 level spells like Create Water & Endure Elements do come in handy, just ask the players in my Tuesday game about how much of a difference that can make. Same goes with barbarians, druids and rangers foraging for food, it can really help keep a party from starving as they are particularly skilled at such actions.

First thing Giles is going to get is a tent, best to keep those nasty "mosquitoes" away while trying to get a good night's sleep. He wouldn't mind finding a good short sword as well, since he realizes the dagger isn't such a great weapon in a straight fight, not that Giles is about fighting fair...

Damage-Devil
Hlobane Orc

Post by Damage-Devil »

Interesting argument regarding the ability of skeletons and other undead to see through invisibility and illusions due to "life-sense"...

http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/r ... sions.html

I don't have much experience with illusions and their affect on the undead so this was interesting to me.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

That is an interesting article. I think we should make a ruling on this. Is there an invisibility to undead spell in C&C?

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Can we say then, that undead DO in fact have minds, albeit spiritual ones?

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Personally I don't like it and I would be very cautious about allowing this. If the illusion is semi-real, as in ecto-plasmic then I would allow certain illusions to affect undead to a point, after all I did allow your half-orc illusionist to use his hounds as possible targets against the shadows in the Friday game. However if you start to allow mind affecting spells against un-willed undead (animate remains vs. spirits/souls) then you may as well allow charm person to work as well, after all if they have a mind to trick, then it should work should it not?

Free-willed undead are different, and of course they could be tricked with illusions since they still have their minds.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Hmm, interesting points.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

That would be an easy route to go too, because it would simply require looking at the intelligence rating in the monster description.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

slimykuotoan wrote:That would be an easy route to go too, because it would simply require looking at the intelligence rating in the monster description.
I think you nailed it, if the monster has no intelligence to begin with, then how can it be fooled with an intelligence save resisting spell?

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

It largely depends upon how you view illusions as well; I don't see them as holograms which disappear if one is told they're not real. Rather, I see illusions as bewitching the mind, so if one fails the save, they believe the illusion to be real no matter the situation, being trapped in their own minds.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Looks like pg. 5 of the M&T clears this up.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Game on.

Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Quertas »

headed down the river on the western side.
by midday, nothing happens, but the river flows as we head north.
suddenly in front of us a small creature appears behind aleaf.

a fey creature...
a little whispy voice on the winds.. the fey greets us and tells us not to go any further..
she mentions we are on the border of their home and that we must cross the river to the other

side.
speaking slyvan is what got us through, something i cannot speak.
more eyes appear behind blades of grass.. mroe fey.. think so.

somehting im not afraid of, crossing the river, but witha gnome in the party, it may be rather

deadly.
fey, dont need teausre she says.
she mentions that evil ones call it the tower of waste, where we are headed i think.
says. the horned one sought to lay the tower to waste, which is a ebacon to elfs and goblins

and hobgoblins are afraid of the ancient elven magic.
she buzzes away from us.. beware the liquid song...

fey are generally neutral and dont dicker around with teritory, but think we owuld be attacked

if we dont cross the river. i got it.. they were pixies...

without delay we cross the river..

as we move, dusk settles..

i notice animal tracks, single... i could not decifpher what kind of animal.
we make camp.. i set up the my tent. and show how to make a tent.

we relive our last eve and almost being sucked to death.. we make a fire...
we awake in the middle of the night to a halfing trying to wake us, we see a constrictor

snake...

willl my blade be effecitive on this leg of the journey..
and the answer is no.. we are all missing the snake...
the snake could easily swallow a gnome or halfing
second attack is proving more effective...
and i am landing a nice blow slicing the snake dead on...
and it is decimated, and i figure we have a lot of good eating..
we survived.. back to bed...

morning and we travel north again...
the forest is a beautiful sight...

3rd day of travel, with 2 more to get to the tower.

i notice a sight in the distance, and think we are being stalked..by some large cat.
clicker s watch and that cat strikes, due toa n illsuion that cat doesnt strike..

i hear a slcohing in the river, three beautiful human forms...
enthralled i move towards the waters edge, ina hypnotic voice i come to them..

nixies...

gm note.. he forgot about the illsuion on our camp...
nothing ahppened except they move away from us.. we survive..

we travel...
towards miday we think we are appraoching closer to the tower.
stalkiong again by the mountain lion, its getting ready to pounce
i cast animal friendship..
the muoutnain lion is now my firend :)

we see and are close to the tower

we reeach the tower and an ethreal serpent speaks come no further...

a lamasoo gazes at us
and speaks...
nefritall is his name..
speaking about goblins and gnolls.. and the evil temple to the north
tree of life,
goblin leader - gritznack, has awaken a great evil.
unguaith kine - an evil preist of the tower.
and the leader gnoll is going to raise the evil.
imperial roadway is to the right of the river.
paved with granite...

we camp for the night...
we head north in the morning.. for another day

we are at teh temple right at dusk..

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Excellent game again guys. Welcome to Baleon Nakt...

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

And great summary Quertas! :)

surleydwarf
Skobbit

Post by surleydwarf »

Journal Entry 3: Korriz Bar Devlin De Stonewater

Do you know what it's like to wake up and be told by some pixies to get off my lawn? Ya I know and that they what us to move, to where we are going too move anyway. So pixies aren't that smart, we want to interrupt you to tell you to keep moving in the direction you are headed. REALLY!! This makes me feel stupid, like elf stupid. So we have to cross a river, good thing we are all taller than the river oh ya not everyone. I get across quickly and see if the Halfling drowns, almost but he had a rope tied around his waist. Halfling fishing, heh.

A days uneventful travel leads to another sleep amoung the stars, yeah. At least I am awoken to the sounds of a mighty creature attacking the CAMP! Oh its just a snake, easily killed. Couldn't even get past my amour. At least its good eating thou. Days break and we are off, Bunny humpier says we are being tracked by a mountain lion. Well that lion try's to attack the party and the bunny hum per does something I rather enjoy. He tames the beast, we now have some pussy in the group. Day leads on until we get to an old tower, in this tower is a ghost with a warning staying we should not go on, go back or something like that. We don't and we awaken the beast. A winged lion, that's speaks and is the protector of the tower and some elf history bullcrap, I zoned out about here. But he does give us information on Baleon Nakt and Gritznak. and something about an Imperial road and Unguathkine and evil priest. So nothing on the forge hammer or other dwarfs in the area. We sleep the night around Lamasu-winged lion creature name I think. and leave for Baleon Nakt upon the imperial road. Nightfall we make it to the tunnel to the temple, here where the fun starts. After a nights rest

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Another great post surleydwarf!

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

The game returnith this eve.

Damage-Devil
Hlobane Orc

Post by Damage-Devil »

I really loved the game last week! I was glad Clicker was around to help with a couple of illusions. I hope he survives the oncoming delve into darkness.

Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Quertas »

make the camp with me taking first watch.
lots of rock and stone within the temple area.
might be in a old court yard about a mile away from the ruins.
i see the moon rise in the sky.
i hear the war off cry of a "wolf" or so, but i find the night really quiet.
my cat is showing a sign of nervousness. my mountain lion doesnt seem to be able to get

relaxed.

i hear a rustling from on up and the mounatin lion gets up, and i see three larger shapes.

they are gaint spiders. one of them descends down but i am not surprised.
the cat jumps up and attacks swiping one spider and i swing my blade with a great hit and

injure one of the three...

that one tries to move back into the trees. and makes an awful sound.
my companions awake.
cat strikes and do i taking down the injured one and making the large one suffer.
one grabbed my lion and is poisoning it.. the cat rends the large spider with its claws and

kills it. my sword swipe misses the last spider.
cat gets critically injured and may die.

i cure its poison and the cleric heals him a decent amount.
feeding him goodberries he feels more chipper.

we go back to the ruins..
and see the big statue..
the gnome illuminates the way down the tunnel.
we see a hallway as we go down.

we realize there is somthing in the room, sounding light small footfalls.
clicker raises up a wall illusion.. and we figure out that it is goblins and they are ready

for an attack.
one goblin looks through the illusion.
arrows shoot outa no where..and takes one down.
they look bewitched and race towards the exit.
i shoot an arrow and take down one of the goblins.. now there is only 1 left.
we take them down. by sending my cat and chasing and killing him..

we go east beyond a door, see a imposing statue.
see a golden bowl mixed with dry blood. i take the bowl , to be divided up later on.
the statue is quite ominous.

doing some searching.. found some ancient coins.

we meet up witha wolf spider.. the cat claws and bites it. I hit the spider with my sword.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Fun game tonight guys, exploring Baleon Nakt...