What other RPG's would you guys actually like to play?

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

What other RPG's would you guys actually like to play?

Post by Treebore »

Obviously we are all fans of C&C around here, but this is about what other games you'd actually like to be able to run or play?

I'm lucky enough to already be in a Stars Without Number, Lejendary Adventures and Cthulhu Tech and Gear Kreig game, aside from C&C.

So if you were like me, and could play a RPG pretty nearly every day of the week, what would your ideal line up be?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: What other RPG's would you guys actually like to play?

Post by Buttmonkey »

I'd like to be able to play some Savage Worlds and Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG as well as C&C.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

I play in a regular D&D game, but the GM is now turning it into a CK as he is co-opting a lot of the C&C rules to his game world. I also play in a semi-regular Cthulhu game, but those are usually one off's and not a campaign.

I'd love to play in a Top Secret style game or an Aces & Eights/Boot Hill wild west game.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I'd like to try Traveller and Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Over the years, I've played 0e D&D, BD&D, AD&D (1e and 2e), 3e D&D, C&C, Traveller, Lejendary Adventures, Savage Worlds, Vampire & Werewolf, WEG Star Wars, D20 Star Wars, Middle Earth Role Playing, Mutant Future, and Labyrinth Lord.

I'd like to try out Adventures Dark and Deep, 5e D&D, StarSIEGE, and Victorious.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Hm. I'm not sure I could survive an RPG a day...but here goes!

Classic Traveller (or the Mongoose version if I had to)

Cthulhu by Gaslight

Mutant Crawl Classics, or Jim will hit me!

Savage Worlds, either Necessary Evil or Rippers

Zombie Survival RPG, doesn't really matter the system though AFMBE or Shotgun Diaries rank high

...and the last 2 days being set aside for C&C and Victorious, as God intended! ;)

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

D'oh! I can't believe I forgot to put down Victorious. And Amazing Adventures.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

'sokay, you are forgiven. This time. LOL

Genteel Magistrate Michael
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Shadowrun, Kobolds Ate My Baby!, Toon, Gamma World, Ghostbusters, Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Earthdawn, Arduin, Warhammer Fantasy Role Play and probably a lot of others if I thought about it enough.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Day 1*
Dungeons & Dragons (OD&D/Holmes, B/X, BECMI/RC, AD&D, AD&D 2e) or any of the clones out there that mimic those games such as Swords & Wizardry, BLUEHOLME, Delving Deeper, Labyrinth Lord, Dark Dungeons, OSRIC, Adventures Dark & Deep, or For Gold & Glory

Day 2
Traveller (any version, including Megatraveller and 2300 AD)

Day 3
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (either first or second edition, my heart belongs to first though) or Stormbringer/Elric! (Chaosium versions)

Day 4
Top Secret or Gear Krieg

Day 5
Simulationist Fantasy (not really a game in itself, I'm looking at Chivalry & Sorcery and HârnMaster)

Day 6
"Out of my comfort zone games" - games I'd like to try but have no inclination to run myself (at least not without playing it first), Victorious, Boot Hill, Gangbusters, Aces & Eights, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Rolemaster/MERP, Call of Cthulhu (played it and had a blast), Pendragon, Twilight 2000/2013, Cyberpunk 20/20 and others that fail to come to mind

Day 7
Gamma World or Star Frontiers

*Castles & Crusades and Lejendary Adventures would be on day 1 if I didn't play D&D or wanted to switch back and forth.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

You all have brought up some good ones that I haven't thought of in years ..... Top Secret, Star Frontier, Twilight 2000 - I liked the MERC / Spec Ops add ons to it - ghost busters and others ...

However, many of the games I remember fondly, probably wouldn't be as fun now - that I'm used the quick easy flow of C&C. Things like RIFTS & Palladium were fun. But looking back on it .... way to slow and clunky. MERP & Rolemaster - Love Middle Earth, but the endless charts ....

That said, if I had unlimited time (which I don't) the list would be

Star Siege
Star Wars D6 (REUP) - SW d6 has to be my 2nd fav gave after the various iterations of AD&D I've played & ran. hopefully getting those 2 itches scratched in the near future ....
Traveler - I have some of the rules from the different systems, but have never played

Beyond the Super Natural &
RIFTS - Manhunter - both of them as the setting only. There has to be a better system to fun the game world in

Amazing Adventures &
Victorious Again have both of them but have never played them

L5R ... Never played it, but like the idea of the world it sets up. Not sure of the specific overarching clans as governing the classes and such though, but as I said, I've never played it so may be miss assuming things from what I've heard and glanced at.

Finally, a more historic based C&C game. Either Celt, Norse, or any of the other future historic books, or the 2.e historic reference books modified for C&C.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I'd like to try:

Sengoku

Blue Planet

Cyberpunk 2020

Gangbusters
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

slimykuotoan wrote:Gangbusters
It's interesting to see the Gangbusters love. One of my players licensed Gangbusters last year and is rereleasing it. He's put out several PDFs on RPG Now and will have boxed sets available at Gary Con in a couple days.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Oh that's totally awesome. I'll be on the lookout for those for sure.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Post by jdizzy001 »

D6, savage worlds, fantasy AGE, OVA.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Buttmonkey wrote:
It's interesting to see the Gangbusters love. One of my players licensed Gangbusters last year and is rereleasing it. He's put out several PDFs on RPG Now and will have boxed sets available at Gary Con in a couple days.
I will be at Gary Con, so if anyone would like me to pick this up for them, and get it mailed to them....
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Treebore wrote:
Buttmonkey wrote:
I will be at Gary Con, so if anyone would like me to pick this up for them, and get it mailed to them....
I got boxed set #2. I haven't had time to really dig through it. I'm not clear whether the boxed set is the full Gangbusters. I believe the boxed set is a limited run with regular hard copies to follow in an unboxed format. There are details on Google+.

dcfitch
Ungern

Post by dcfitch »

Although my favorite system is C&C, a close second is D&D 5e...probably because this latest edition has become somewhat similar to C&C. Also, I have played some Dungeon Crawl Classics and it is a ton of fun. Would love to have three regular games going at once: C&C, D&D, and DCC.