Looking for Players - C&C - Heroes and Scoundrels of Nuna

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Looking for Players - C&C - Heroes and Scoundrels of Nuna

Post by alcyone »

Looking for Players for an alternate-Sunday C&C game.
PM me if you are interested or have questions.
  • Our group is down to 3 active players, so looking for 1 or 2 more.
  • Games are 7pm CST on alternate Sundays starting on October 1.
  • We play on Roll20 and use Discord for voice chat. Where possible I use a grid and maps, though since it's a sandbox I don't always have detailed maps for every situation. Grid combat is straightforward and in line with the C&C rules but I probably unconsciously draw from D20 for some grid situations.
  • Allowed sources are PHB and some HH PHB classes. Likely the Adventurers Backpack also, but don't have that yet.
  • Party composition right now is Half-Elf Druid, Human Paladin, Human Witch, Gnome Monk/Half-assassin
  • Class-and-a-half allowed.
  • Truly evil characters are not allowed, but the worst sort of neutral is fine.
  • No player vs. player killing or player vs. player theft.
  • Fate points as per CKG.
  • 4d6 drop low
The primary setting is the ancient city of Xylh, a city-state ruled by mysterious mages in the desert. Since last October play has moved to another dimension, and the players are trying to get back.
In the primary setting there are almost no demi-humans, though they are not rare in the other dimension. If your character is from Nuna (the world Xylh exists in) I recommend but don't require a human.
The setting is inspired by the works of Clark Ashton Smith, Jack Vance, Robert Howard, though is its own thing. Magic items are primarily attained through adventuring. Xylh itself is neutral and slightly corrupt. It's a slight challenge for very lawful characters. Deities are unique to the world, and you may name your own also. Gods from other settings or Earth don't exist in Xylh or Palmartizen (the other dimension), though two of the deities are called Tius and Mitra.

We've been playing on-and-off with different groups in this setting since 2012. It's mostly a hex-crawl/sandbox game and is largely player-directed in terms of goals. Occasional set-pieces like dungeons exist and there are world events you are free to ignore or interact with as you see fit, though the players are the centerpiece.

There is a fair amount of role-playing but it's optional and casual. I'd say mostly the group plays to have fun and not to "win" so I wouldn't say it's an extremely tactical game either. While role-playing is encouraged it's not a "story" or narrative game; the cold hard rules and the dispassionate dice still are important (i.e. if you have a very extensive background and a rigid story arc for your character, this is probably not your game; the "story" here is no more or less than the list of deeds your character accomplishes within the rules and the opportunities they actually find.)

House Rules:
Stunning - Unless the rules say otherwise:
A stunned creature drops everything held, can’t take actions, takes a -2 penalty to AC, and loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any).

Spontaneous Cures
A cleric or someone who may cast cleric spells may switch any spell of 1st level or above (except a Cure spell) with a Cure spell of the same level, by making a SIEGE check (the spellcaster's Prime) with the CL being the level of the spell to switch. If the check passes the switch is successful and the spell may be used in the same round. If it fails, the spell will still be a Cure spell, but will be Cure Light Wounds, regardless of the level cast, and may not be used until a subsequent round. An evil cleric may elect to instead spontaneously cast a reversed (Cause...) spell.

Fate Points
As per the CKG.

Stacking
What can stack in terms of Armor Class?
Armor can stack with shields. (M&T: Magic armor bonuses never rise above
+5, and stack with regular armor bonuses (and with shield and
magic shield enchantment bonuses).

The latest printing seems to make clear what else may stack.
As a general rule, though, most things do not stack with magical armor, but instead coexist, such that the highest bonus prevails.

Expect further discussion on this. If it becomes important to your character, we can examine the situation and make a ruling.

Combat Maneuvers
The CKG combat maneuvers are allowed.

Archery
If a fighter takes a shortbow or longbow as their specialty, they may use it for combat dominance.

Class Abilities (only)
I am adopting Stephen's rule with some modifications.
There is a new derived ability called "Essence". It is always exactly the same as your class prime ability score. It is always prime.
For any of your class abilities, if it calls for a certain stat in parentheses, use your Essence instead.
If you have multiple classes, each class will have its own Essence stat for its respective abilities.

(Why "essence"? It's your most essential class defining ability. But also so you don't have to say you are rolling Dexterity for Decipher Script)
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Looking for Players - C&C - Heroes and Scoundrels of Nun

Post by Tadhg »

Yikes.

Did Gringnr drop out?

:o
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Rhuvein wrote:Yikes.

Did Gringnr drop out?

Yeah. He will be missed.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Penny-Whistle wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Yikes.

Did Gringnr drop out?

Yeah. He will be missed.
Oops. I just got Aergraith's message and forgot about the PM that Gringnr sent to us.

:|
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

yetihermit
Mist Elf

Post by yetihermit »

I would be down to join, I've got to think up a good character to fit that party. Maybe a fighter half rogue or such

yetihermit
Mist Elf

Post by yetihermit »

Maybe a cleric half rogue as you're low on healing, cleric of the rogues god/goddess of luck or fortune

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Sent a pm.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

yetihermit wrote:I would be down to join, I've got to think up a good character to fit that party. Maybe a fighter half rogue or such
So glad you could join us. Hope you had fun =D