View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Any interest in the quasi annual 
Mogrl

Post Any interest in the quasi annual
Ravenloft game?

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:43 pm
Ulthal

Post Re: Any interest in the quasi annual
Can you give me some details on the game?

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:36 pm
Mogrl

maximus wrote:

Its I6 Ravenloft. Even though one year nwelte ran it as the 3.5 version. Its such a deadly module its basically to see how far you can get before the TPK, even though one year the group actually won, with only 2 or 3 party deaths.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:34 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:
Ravenloft game?

I would love to, but I have limited days I can play.

Monday is best, but that would be at the cost of our normal game. Other than that, for a limited time I could play Tue or Thur. All other nights are out due to Church & family time.

Treebore wrote:
maximus wrote:

Its I6 Ravenloft. Even though one year nwelte ran it as the 3.5 version. Its such a deadly module its basically to see how far you can get before the TPK, even though one year the group actually won, with only 2 or 3 party deaths.

I can attest it is a blast. I was in a game ... good lord when I first moved from GA to FL so it was about 8 or 9 years ago :cry: .... and we were literally slaughtered. I can't remember who died first, but my paladin was 2nd to fall, after rolling a 1 for length of time the sun burst lasted and min damage on his sun burst from his sword, so what we were hoping would injure Straud and keep him busy for a few rounds turned out to literally be a fizzle. I can't remember who fell next, but I remember some one was turned to stone and then was cast in to the ethereal and lost for ever.

It sounds brutal, and it is, but at the same time it is a BLAST.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:29 pm
Mogrl

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:
Ravenloft game?

I would love to, but I have limited days I can play.

Monday is best, but that would be at the cost of our normal game. Other than that, for a limited time I could play Tue or Thur. All other nights are out due to Church & family time.

Treebore wrote:
maximus wrote:

I can attest it is a blast. I was in a game ... good lord when I first moved from GA to FL so it was about 8 or 9 years ago :cry: .... and we were literally slaughtered. I can't remember who died first, but my paladin was 2nd to fall, after rolling a 1 for length of time the sun burst lasted and min damage on his sun burst from his sword, so what we were hoping would injure Straud and keep him busy for a few rounds turned out to literally be a fizzle. I can't remember who fell next, but I remember some one was turned to stone and then was cast in to the ethereal and lost for ever.

It sounds brutal, and it is, but at the same time it is a BLAST.

You were in Lord Seureks group. It was his character you recall. Yeah, you guys fought him pretty much as soon as you got into the castle. I think. Unless you were also one of the groups who did not enter through the front door. I do remember that the stone statue on the Ethereal plane is located under the stairs to the right as you enter the main entry hall.

The strategy of the gorup that beat Strahd was so out of left field that I had to love it.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:16 am
Lore Drake

I'm interested. It would have to be on a weekend for me, though.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:01 pm
Ulthal

Sounds fun. Never played Ravenloft. Got beat up pretty bad in Ravenloft II about 25 years ago though. First (and last) time I played a MU.

I'm in if I can make the night you decide to play. Saturday is usually a bad day for me. I can probably make any other day.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]