View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Stupid MapTool Tricks 
Greater Lore Drake

Post Stupid MapTool Tricks
Sometimes a DM needs to center you on the map because the action is someplace other than where you are looking. Maptool maps are infinite, so you can get lost.

However, if all you want is to find out where your token is you have two options:

1. Type /center MyTokenName where MyTokenName is the name of your token. (Make a macro out of it if you want.)

2. By default you will be able to see your token in the MapExplorer window. If you don't have that window go to the menu bar under Window and select it.
Your token will be under Players. Double click it and it will center on your token on the current map.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:15 am
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Stupid MapTool Tricks
Another couple:

If, as above, you find your name in the Player group in the MapExplorer window, you can avoid asking the DM to move your token in two more situations.

1. Someone moved their token on top of you. You can't easily click your token, but you can click on your name in the MapExplorer. Right-click and select the option that moves your token to the front.

2. The DM has dynamic lighting on or fog of war and you moved off the visible part of the map. Sometimes you can grab yourself by hovering the mouse around in the dark, but again, you can just find your name in the MapExplorer, right-click, and say "Move". Then just click where you want your token to appear.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:27 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Post Re: Stupid MapTool Tricks
Good post. I've know some of this, but have either forgotten it or didn't need to use the info lately.

After all the years, I've been using MTs I wonder why i don't know more about this program! :oops:

:)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]