Play by Post Game (1st level)

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
User avatar
mordrene
Ulthal
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by mordrene »

" i say charge in order to kill them quickly."

Cyclone1360
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Cyclone1360 »

I agree with mordrene, so we can all fight as one and anyway we have a lot of healing right?

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

"We don't have a LOT of healing," says Faran. "We should avoid injury as much as possible. I am for sending in the archers first and, when the hobgoblins come out, surprising them with maces and swords."

Cyclone1360
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Cyclone1360 »

We have 3 healers you, Aldwyn and me so we Should be fine.

jaguar451
Ulthal
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:00 am

Post by jaguar451 »

So, how far around the corner are they?

Who else has a ranged / throwing weapon?

One shot and charge.... Heavy armor folks in front....

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

I will make a map so you can get an idea of where things are. You are to the west.

[quote]Code:


X=cave wall

#=hobgoblin

jaguar451
Ulthal
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:00 am

Post by jaguar451 »

Thanks. I assume 10' 'squares'?

My thought on plan: I go east enough to leave space for others to charge (two squares?) and shoot at #2, then drop bow, charge, drop sword (have buckler already on my arm....)

At same time, others charge towards #4 (if anyone has a hurling weapon, start in front and throw.)

User avatar
mordrene
Ulthal
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by mordrene »

"I have very limited capabilities in healing. I just thought speed and silence was a better ally than luring them in. However i am no warrior so i will do as we all decide."

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

5' squares

jaguar451
Ulthal
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:00 am

Post by jaguar451 »

Orvyn (Ranger)
jaguar451 wrote:
Thanks. I assume 10' 'squares'?

My thought on plan: I go east enough to leave space for others to charge (two squares?) and shoot at #2, then drop bow, charge, drop sword (have buckler already on my arm....)

At same time, others charge towards #4 (if anyone has a hurling weapon, start in front and throw.)

Ah, just 10' total to the bad-uns. I take it mass charge it is (me & night & cleric in the fore -- druid as rear guard)

I'll throw spear as charging (sword in left hand for quick switch....) I'll go for the first one on the left (as seen by Ovryn)

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

Too close to charge.

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

Are you are going to release missile weapons for your surprise round (assuming you surprise them) and then close during the first round? If so, make rolls for attacks and damage.

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »


User avatar
mordrene
Ulthal
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by mordrene »

BUMP

Lets roll

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

I'm waiting for attacks to be posted along with some dice rolls.

Cyclone1360
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Cyclone1360 »

well the people with range weapons should go first and then the non range users should charge in. but if you dont want to do it ill charge in first.

(p.s.)

Ill not be here tomorrow so i will post on sunday.

User avatar
mordrene
Ulthal
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by mordrene »

very well, Aldwyn will move around the corner and attack, and i rolled a three.

well we are in it now.

Cyclone1360
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Cyclone1360 »

well if nobody else is going to fire the i shall charge.

Uthas will charge up to Hobgoblin 4 and attack with my Broad Sword roll to hit 18 if i hit roll damage 9 damage.

jaguar451
Ulthal
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:00 am

Post by jaguar451 »

Sorry, crazy work week
Orvyn

Throws my spear 11+2 = 13. If hit, 3 DMG

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

You need a 15 to hurt the hobgoblins and Uthas is the only one to succeed. In fact, he kills the hobgoblin.

The hobgoblins are surprised at this attack and attempt to fight back. Fortunately for you, in their scramble to pick up weapons and fight their attacks are not effective and none of you are hurt.

Your attacks again.

Cyclone1360
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Cyclone1360 »

Should we not roll for Initiative for the last round was a surprise round but if it is not necessary i will make an attack Tomorrow evening my time to give others a chance to mop them up.

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

I think I was getting confused with another game. Sorry. The hobgoblins all missed so no harm done. Go ahead and make your attacks.

jaguar451
Ulthal
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:00 am

Orvyn (Human Ranger)

Post by jaguar451 »

Orvyn

Orvyn draws hit sword to take a mighty swing, but it doesn't come out clean, messing up the timing on his attack...

(rolled a 6)

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

The hobgoblin laughs at you.

Cyclone1360
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Cyclone1360 »

"Ok Nobody Laughs at my friend ever !" yells Uthas taking making an attack on hobgoblin 15 so just hit the Hobgoblin 2 so 4 Damage.

User avatar
mordrene
Ulthal
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by mordrene »

can i get an update on where we are?

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

One of the hobgoblins is dead and Uthas has just wounded the one that laughed at you.

User avatar
mordrene
Ulthal
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by mordrene »

do we init rolls?

marcuspeddle
Ulthal
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 am

Post by marcuspeddle »

I screwed up and forgot the initiative. It's your party's round and then we will do initiative.

User avatar
mordrene
Ulthal
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by mordrene »

no problem. Aldwyn will attack the nearest hob (roll 14) Stabbing at it with his spear.

Post Reply