AGP drops C&C, licenses Powers & Perils

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
jamesmishler
Ulthal

AGP drops C&C, licenses Powers & Perils

Post by jamesmishler »

(IOLA, WI) Adventure Games Publishing regrets to announce that, due to licensing issues generated by the pending merger of Troll Lord Games and Goodman Games as Good Lord Games, we are forced to drop support for the Castles & Crusades line. While we attempted thereafter to license HackMaster, it was determined that the Test of Glory required by Kenzer & Company (prancing through the Gen Con Indy exhibitor hall in a pink tutu, wearing the Hubcap of Shame, and singing Wind Beneath My Wings in falsetto) was too costly. Therefore, we embarked on a licensing deal with Hasbro to acquire the rights to use the Powers & Perils Roleplaying Game System (PPRGS).

"Never heard of it," said Ida Noe, spokesperson for Hasbro. "We own that, too? Well who would thunk it? I guess you can use it, for an extravagant rate, of course."

"The cost of first-born child, arm, and a leg will be well worth it, to bring my vision of the Wilderlands of Perilous Adventure to the public using the Powers & Perils Roleplaying Game System," said James Mishler, Main Man at Adventure Games Publishing. "I have fond memories of making characters for Powers & Perils, yes, many characters. The system has that certain, special, classic something that is lacking in current game systems. Especially two-color printing."

As part of the deal, AGP acquires three warehouses full of Powers & Perils boxed sets that Hasbro also didn't know it owned. The first Wilderlands of Perilous Adventure product, designed for and approved for use with Powers & Perils, will be Sword Skills of the Roglaras, a 64-page saddle-stitched booklet detailing the intricacies of developing a character using bladed weapons. It will retail for $39.95.

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

About time someone did something with P&P. Man, a glossy matte cover, and some CGI-to-paper artwork... I'm there!

sieg

Post by sieg »

...now if we only had Lords of Creation and Spawn of Fashan re-released!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: AGP drops C&C, licenses Powers & Perils

Post by Tadhg »

jamesmishler wrote:
(IOLA, WI) Adventure Games Publishing regrets to announce that, due to licensing issues generated by the pending merger of Troll Lord Games and Goodman Games as Good Lord Games, we are forced to drop support for the Castles & Crusades line. While we attempted thereafter to license HackMaster, it was determined that the Test of Glory required by Kenzer & Company (prancing through the Gen Con Indy exhibitor hall in a pink tutu, wearing the Hubcap of Shame, and singing Wind Beneath My Wings in falsetto) was too costly. Therefore, we embarked on a licensing deal with Hasbro to acquire the rights to use the Powers & Perils Roleplaying Game System (PPRGS).

"Never heard of it," said Ida Noe, spokesperson for Hasbro. "We own that, too? Well who would thunk it? I guess you can use it, for an extravagant rate, of course."

"The cost of first-born child, arm, and a leg will be well worth it, to bring my vision of the Wilderlands of Perilous Adventure to the public using the Powers & Perils Roleplaying Game System," said James Mishler, Main Man at Adventure Games Publishing. "I have fond memories of making characters for Powers & Perils, yes, many characters. The system has that certain, special, classic something that is lacking in current game systems. Especially two-color printing."

As part of the deal, AGP acquires three warehouses full of Powers & Perils boxed sets that Hasbro also didn't know it owned. The first Wilderlands of Perilous Adventure product, designed for and approved for use with Powers & Perils, will be Sword Skills of the Roglaras, a 64-page saddle-stitched booklet detailing the intricacies of developing a character using bladed weapons. It will retail for $39.95.

LOL!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I think I need to kill this man.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06