View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
What other RPGs will be covered in the AGJ? 
Ungern

Post What other RPGs will be covered in the AGJ?
From the Adventure Games Journal press release:

"Future Campaign Installments may include material for other worlds and even other role-playing game systems. Though Adventure Games Journal focuses on the Wilderlands of High Adventure and Castles & Crusades, Adventure Games Publishing plans to include coverage of other role-playing games both in Adventure Games Journal and in Campaign Installments."

What sort of other RPGs do you have in mind, James?

Personally, I would be interested in OSRIC, Labyrinth Lord, and similar old-school RPGs. I would most certainly not be interested in D&D 3.0, D&D 3.5, or D&D 4.0.

Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:19 pm
Ulthal

Right now I'm in negotiations with various companies regarding coverage of their campaign settings/games in AGJ, and I haven't firmed anything up yet.

I have no plans to cover OSRIC or Labyrinth Lord... C&C pretty well covers that area, and anything in C&C stats is readily convertable to the others, anyway.

I have no plans at this time to include 3.0 or 3.5 coverage generically, but, depending on the quality of the game and the OGL license thereto, might consider some 4.0 coverage. If another company's campaign setting or game we are covering is currently 3.5, we will include stats in 3.5.

Whatever other games we cover, Castles & Crusades and Wilderlands coverage will always be the majority of the magazine's page count, like Dragon in the olden days.

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
jamesagp1@gmail.com
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:16 pm
Ulthal

I have to admit, I'm getting pretty stoked about this... I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've managed to put together James...

cheers.

J

Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:59 am
Mist Elf

I think it would be awesome to have some articles "Wilderlands-izing" other (non-D&D) fantasy RPGs; there could be new WL-specific magic, monsters, races, etc. for games like Runequest, Stormbringer, Warhammer FRP, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the C&C+WL combo in my current campaign, but I've often thought about running something grittier and darker using one of the other systems I've mentioned.

Any way you slice it though, I'm excited for AGJ!

Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]