AGP December 2007 Update

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
jamesmishler
Ulthal

AGP December 2007 Update

Post by jamesmishler »

I've been prodded (rightly so) to post an update, so here goes...

The reason I've been so silent is because most folks who were speaking up were wondering why I was posting and not writing... so I shut up and kept writing. Then of course folks who wondered why I wasn't posting started speaking up and... only proved to me you can't win for losing.
But here's an update...

The first issue of Adventure Games Journal is in final layout. I had hoped to have that complete before Christmas, in order to have it at the printer before the new year, but holiday stuff got in the way. So it looks like it will go to the printers the first week of January.

The first Campaign Installment, Player's Guide to the Southern Reaches, is not yet complete. However, part of the production process has shown me that working on two very different products at the same time slows both products down, so I have decided upon a new shipping format, to fit my new production format...

The magazines and campaign installments, rather than shipping together, will be stagger shipped. AGJ #1 will ship in January. CI #1 will ship in February. AGJ #2 will ship in March, CI #2 in April, and so forth. The effect is still the same, two 48-page books every other month, but subscribers will get a book every month rather than two every other month. Shipping will be First Class rather than Priority; I'm going to end up eating it a bit on the shipping to current international customers, but I think it's a better way of getting product out there. Goodies will ship with each mailing (the freebie color maps will usually ship with the CI, but in the case of the first it will ship with the AGJ).

So there's the latest and greatest. AGJ #1 in January, CI #1 in February, and (ideally) a regular monthly schedule thereafter.

I offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all products (I should post it on the site, now that I think of it). If you don't like the product, ship it back and I will refund your money. If someone wants out of a subscription, I will refund them the portion remaining (at this point in time, all of it), no questions asked. I'm not out to steal anyone's money.

Things simply have not gone as smoothly as I'd hoped. I should have known after all these years in the industry that nothing ever goes as planned, no matter how prepared you think you are, and set aside more time to get things started. Harsh lesson relearned.

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

James, that all sounds great! I particularly like the staggered shipping. I also think that having the first issue come out in January makes a lot more sense than having it come out in December, so I think that when all is said and done it's all been for the best.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Excellent! Let us know when you get them in the mail.

Treebore

Mike Frank
Red Cap

Post by Mike Frank »

I like the staggered shipping too. Getting a single shipment means that I can focus all of my attention to the product in hand and enjoy it as a nice little surprise when the mail is delivered.

Now quit posting and get back to work!

ironbull

Post by ironbull »

James, this sounds great. Thanks for the update. I understand the challenges you have faced getting this project out of the starting gate. I know in the end it will all be worth it. I'm looking forward to January!

thanks again

brad

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Cool James. The every other month thing seems like a great idea.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth