I'm waiting

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Mike Frank wrote:
Woo hoo! And it is still January! Yay.

It *IS* still January (till midnight tonight)!

And with the Player's book heading to the printers shortly, I have every confidence that this will be sent out before the end of February!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

Less then 2 weeks for the Players Guide, so how goes progress?

Odd all the 'talk' has died down since getting the Journal
ShaneG.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Plaag wrote:
Less then 2 weeks for the Players Guide, so how goes progress?

ShaneG.

Thats because its frickin awesome!

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Well, with the Campaign Journal there is only so much we can do. Once the Player's Guide is released, we can see how the whole project is shaping up and get a glipse of how to move forward in our campaigns.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Plaag wrote:

In my case it's because I'm so enamored with the Southern Reaches map. I've been "stocking" it ever since I got it, in preparation for my upcoming "Wilderlands of the Magic Realm" campaign, using the 1977/78 D&D rulebook edited by J. Eric Holmes.

In other words, I haven't looked much at the journal because of that fantastic map!

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Geoffrey wrote:
In my case it's because I'm so enamored with the Southern Reaches map. I've been "stocking" it ever since I got it, in preparation for my upcoming "Wilderlands of the Magic Realm" campaign, using the 1977/78 D&D rulebook edited by J. Eric Holmes.

In other words, I haven't looked much at the journal because of that fantastic map!

Mmmm... Holmesian goodness!

Glad you liked the map! All kudos should go out to Peter Bradley, for he is the artiste... I was simply the monkey on his back who didn't shut up until it was perfect.

If you liked that, wait till you see the next map he's working on... let me just say that so far, he and I and Bob himself are the only ones who have seen that map...

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

jamesmishler wrote:
Mmmm... Holmesian goodness!

Glad you liked the map! All kudos should go out to Peter Bradley, for he is the artiste... I was simply the monkey on his back who didn't shut up until it was perfect.

If you liked that, wait till you see the next map he's working on... let me just say that so far, he and I and Bob himself are the only ones who have seen that map...

Very cool. What I liked about most of the maps in RPG products is how they draw you in. The maps for the computer games I've played are too, I don't know, "clinical" in feel. They tell you where you want to go, but they don't have much "life" to them. The Southern Reaches map has that "life" to it. You can imagine traversing the region with your character, or in my case, having your players' characters adventure there.

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

-- E. Gary Gygax
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

tenkar
Ungern

Post by tenkar »

I left the house for 10 minutes to buy the kid some pizza for lunch and lo and behold, upon my return i had both AGK1 and the Wilderlands boxed set leaning against my door. Talk about overwhelming
James, AGJ1 looks amazing. Peter's map is... well, let's just say I'm going to bed early on a Saturday night so i can peruse the map and AGJ1 until I nod off.