View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
AGP and 4E GSL 
Ulthal

Post AGP and 4E GSL
Well, after reviewing the 4E GSL, I can say pretty unequivocably that Adventure Games Publishing will *not* publish any 4E Dungeons & Dragons products. At least, not under the existing GSL, nor under any GSL that even remotely resembles the existing contract. By the terms of that contract, you essentially turn your company into a Wizards of the Coast subsidiary. Not gonna happen with AGP.

What happens with the Wilderlands? That is still up in the air. My advice to Bob will be to not touch 4E with a 10' pole, not for the Wilderlands, not for any Judges Guild product lines.

Ideally, Bob will decide against going with 4E, which means things can get back on track with the Wilderlands of High Adventure products for Castles & Crusades and the Wilderlands of High Fantasy Player's Guides for v3.5. In this case we will likely see Necromancer Games publish Tegel Manor for v3.5... or even possibly Pathfinder.

If he decides to go with 4E regardless... then we shall see where we go from there.

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
jamesagp1@gmail.com
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:41 pm
Ungern

Post Re: AGP and 4E GSL
Quote:
jamesmishler wrote:
Well, after reviewing the 4E GSL, I can say pretty unequivocably that Adventure Games Publishing will *not* publish any 4E Dungeons & Dragons products. At least, not under the existing GSL, nor under any GSL that even remotely resembles the existing contract. By the terms of that contract, you essentially turn your company into a Wizards of the Coast subsidiary. Not gonna happen with AGP.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:59 pm
Battle Stag

Thk the gods. 'F' that GSL. Make games for the fans. Honestly, how many people already have wholly switched over to 4E? Not many.

-O

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Quote:
Quote:
I am probably going to draw a bright line: anything for 4E will be brand new and wont refer to the core IP that I want to make sure I will be able to use forever and all time. That means no Rappan Athuk 4E, no Bards' Gate, no Tomb of Abysthor, etc. I just dont want to lose the control over that stuff. AND until I get clarification, no referencing that stuff in 4E products either. I dont know how much "content" from an old product in a new 4E products means that new product is a conversion. That, to me, is one of the biggest unresolved issues out there.

So bright line rule for me: 4E stuff not connected to 3E stuff.

Clark

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4 ... tcount=162

Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 am
Battle Stag

Now THAT is the best news I heard all damn day. ALL damn day.

-O

Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]