View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Tomb of Horrors 
Lore Drake

Post Tomb of Horrors
We are getting close to game night here. I will be running Tomb of Horrors. It's been awhile (over six weeks) since a PC kill and even longer (six months?) since a TPK.

They are going to have to watch their butts with this one. I went easy on them last week (changed a planned monster encounter on the fly). I don't think I can do it again so soon.

Know your roll!

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:30 pm
Hlobane Orc

Hey CharlieRock, you running this under the C&C or D&D rule set? If C&C, how's it going? I remember running through this module when I was in high school (back in the very early 80's) and thinking that it was a cruel joke.

Since saves are so much more difficult in C&C are the traps just that much more dangerous? I can't even imagine....

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:31 am
Lore Drake

jfall wrote:
Hey CharlieRock, you running this under the C&C or D&D rule set? If C&C, how's it going? I remember running through this module when I was in high school (back in the very early 80's) and thinking that it was a cruel joke.

Since saves are so much more difficult in C&C are the traps just that much more dangerous? I can't even imagine....

This was a D&D module but I changed it out to C&C. Most of them are CL7. Saves are around same. It says it's for 9th level characters but we are using some 9th and some 10th. So they should be okay. Well, as okay as it's going to get. I took out two traps and changed a third. Now the devil head eats their gear and teleports them (like the trap further down into the dungeon) instead of annihilating them and two pits are gone.

Know your roll!

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 pm
Lore Drake

Three PC deaths with two overturned by Raise dead. The third death was the team cleric who got herself disintegrated.

This was the cleric player's first PC death and she got upset with her boyfriend for some reason. Oh, well. Gotta pop that cherry sometime. Might as well be on the ToH.

Know your roll!

Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 pm
Mogrl

Yes, cherry popping is best when surrounded by friends, on camera, and broadcast live to the world. :)

Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:40 pm
Hlobane Orc

CharlieRock wrote:
Three PC deaths with two overturned by Raise dead. The third death was the team cleric who got herself disintegrated.

This was the cleric player's first PC death and she got upset with her boyfriend for some reason. Oh, well. Gotta pop that cherry sometime. Might as well be on the ToH.

That's a great dungeon, I died horribly in it many many years ago! I heard the boxed set (Return to ToH) was even nastier.

W.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:03 pm
Lore Drake

Brutorz Bill wrote:
That's a great dungeon, I died horribly in it many many years ago! I heard the boxed set (Return to ToH) was even nastier.

W.

The very first time I played that we broke the thingy in the wall and that stupid eight-ball of death started rolling around obliterating the party. I tried to run away and fell down a pit. Died.

Know your roll!

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:57 pm
Hlobane Orc

CharlieRock wrote:
The very first time I played that we broke the thingy in the wall and that stupid eight-ball of death started rolling around obliterating the party. I tried to run away and fell down a pit. Died.

Aah yes,

Precious Memories!!

LOL

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:21 pm
Renegade Mage

serleran wrote:
Yes, cherry popping is best when surrounded by friends, on camera, and broadcast live to the world.

That statement... is so wrong...

What ever happened to my innocence?

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]