Skobbits brought to life

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
brotherdew
Ungern

Skobbits brought to life

Post by brotherdew »

I am thinking about writing some short prose, that may turn into something longer, involving the beloved Skobbits. (the fictional kind, not the little rugrats running around the conventions)

Any ideas on the best location or even ideas for names? I like to dabble in short stories that tend to be pretty sarcastic and humorous and thought this would be a nice avenue for me.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bandits DON'T use train tickets.

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Re: Skobbits brought to life

Post by cleaverthepit »

famous families are; the Bobbinses of Cob Corner, the Noblobbers who live down to the Old Crik, the Tinkleonfeet at Dapper Downs, and the Mullets of Haypile. Most skobbits live in an area known as the Deralik though some can be found as far away from there as a few feet. Davis My enter key is broken

brotherdew
Ungern

Post by brotherdew »

thanks, that's a good start.
I believe my protagonist in the story will be a skobbit by the name of Clevis Bobblewood. I can work the other names into the story as I go. :mrgreen:

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Deralik... ah, good country.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

clevus, LOL, there are the famous Baryl and Doe Doomuss brothers who invented the game of Sloth. in this game one or the other challenged the other to see who could do the least in the most amount of time. to make it difficult they place a bucket of lard between two chairs and a bottle of homemade wine nearby. they then took their seats and the contest of Sloth began. It was many days later but both were found dead in their chairs. the lard and wine untouched

Dragonhelm
Red Cap

Post by Dragonhelm »

For those of us who are ignorant of the subject matter, what is a skobbit? I've heard of hobbits, of course, and Arduin has something called a kobbit (kobold + hobbit).

Info, please?

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

think of the Trailer Park Boys (http://www.google.com/#q=trailer+park+b ... 7b9b9556d9) amd then think hobbits. then mix. Steve and I came up with skobbits a long time ago and even have a game called Skobbits on the Front Porch. Our comics also feature skobbits

brotherdew
Ungern

Post by brotherdew »

I heard mention of the game at last year's Trollcon and I have had those pesky little bugggers stuck in my head ever since. (kinda like lice lol)

I would love to hear more of the game.
I once played a redneck troll in Shadowrun named Cletus Ledbetter. He was probably the funnest character I have ever played.

The story will involve Clevus' legendary attempt to find the secret to the mul' et. A lost part of their culture and a guaranteed way to win the hearts of all young skobbit wenches. (there might even be a beer in it for him.)

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

submit your story to the troll's tusk or crusader and post it here so it gets out.

brotherdew
Ungern

Post by brotherdew »

I have written a prelude to my story and would like to have someone read over it. If anyone is interested let me know and I will email it to you. It is a little over 2000 words, or I would just post it here.

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Are you looking for a proofread/copyread? Be happy to take a look, will shoot you a PM with my e-mail.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

brotherdew
Ungern

Post by brotherdew »

Thanks. It's just a first draft and I would love some input. I may write for a living, but fictional prose is a lot different than writing a recap of a football game or a city council meeting. lol
The story isn't really set in the C&C world, but it could be with a little tweaking. (I could trash the hobbit idea all together and just make them halflings for instance)
I thought I would write a prelude to give a brief intro to the Skobbits and more specifically the Bobblewood clan.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Any further development here. Like to see the write up!

Thanks. :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Ahhh Skobbits!

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

This reminds me that I'm long overdue to give brotherdew some feedback on the version he sent to me back in January!
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."