Half Orcs, Grappling and Overbearing

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
Mark Hall
Hlobane Orc

Half Orcs, Grappling and Overbearing

Post by Mark Hall »

Would you include a half-orc's bonus to unarmored AC in situations where their armor doesn't count? For example, is an armored half-orc going to get a +1 to AC against grappling and over-bearing?
I don't have to have everything perfect... just good enough that the seams don't show on the monkey suit. -Me
I like that. Not going to use it because I like mine better, but I do like that idea. -Treebore, summing up most home designers' philosophy

serleran
Mogrl

Re: Half Orcs, Grappling and Overbearing

Post by serleran »

For simplicity, I assume if the orcling is wearing armor at all, the ability is negated.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Half Orcs, Grappling and Overbearing

Post by Omote »

I most certainly would include their bonus for these wrasslin' type of combat maneuvers. The descriptive paragrpah in the armor class section of the 1/2 Orc race PHB 4th printing says that the +1 to AC in in part due to their ability in fighting unarmed.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<