Infectious Disk

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
kreider204
Unkbartig

Infectious Disk

Post by kreider204 »

(I'm assuming that since Prysmal Eyes are OGL friendly, the following should be too. If not, let me know, and I'll remove it.)

INFECTIOUS DISK

NO. ENCOUNTERED: 1
SIZE: Medium
HD: 1 hit point
MOVE: 10 ft. (fly)
AC: 11
ATTACKS: None
SPECIAL: Darkvision 60 ft., Disease Spray, Mindless
SAVES: N
INT: Not Ratable
ALIGNMENT: Neutral
TYPE: Aberration
TREASURE: Nil
XP: 8

Infectious Disks resemble Prysmal Eyes. At a distance of 10 ft. or more, they are indistinguishable; closer than 10 ft., and the viewer is allowed a perception roll to spot the subtle differences (assuming the viewer knows the differences in the first places – otherwise, the point is moot).

Disease Spray: If the Infectious Disk takes any damage, it explodes, billowing forth a spray of disease in a 20 radius. Anyone within must make a Constitution save; those failing must receive a cure disease spell within 24 hours or die, sprouting 1d4 new Infectious Disks.

Mindless: Lacking any significant mental abilities, they are unaffected all mind-affecting spells and abilities (e.g., charm, fear, illusions, etc.).

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Infectious Disk

Post by Traveller »

Cool to see Gas Spores again. However, I'm not sure how many adventures will attempt to attack one, because Prysmal Eyes are the Killer Rabbit of the C&C world.

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

Traveller wrote:Cool to see Gas Spores again. However, I'm not sure how many adventures will attempt to attack one, because Prysmal Eyes are the Killer Rabbit of the C&C world.
What do you mean, "gas spore"? Why, I've never heard of such a thing! (DON'T SUE!!!!!)

;)

Seriously though - good point, and that's pretty much true of the originals as well. Still, it's good for a laugh, if only against new players. :)

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

I wouldn't worry too much. Gas spores, green slime and yellow mold in d20 were events and not creatures, which is why d20 never had stats for them.