Fleshcrawler Constriction ommission

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
quithanire
Skobbit

Fleshcrawler Constriction ommission

Post by quithanire »

Hey I was working on some stuff for a game and noted the constriction section for the fleshcrawler from the M&T is apparantly missing, unless there is a generic rule I haven't spotted. I used the constriction from the large constrictor snake, with a d6 damage and, since the creature has these little claws along its body, I was going to rule that these are usable against a victim being constricted. I would think that, given how small the claws are, this would be the only effective way to use them. Really a nasty creature. That harmless cow explodes and...
Any ideas?

serleran
Mogrl

Re: Fleshcrawler Constriction ommission

Post by serleran »

They were intended to use a similar rule to that of snakes, with one slight modification - escape requires either a Strength or Dexterity of 13+ before a check is allowed. I would probably reduce the damage to 1d4, maybe 1d4+1, but otherwise... yes, you've got it right.

And, I'd be the one to know.

quithanire
Skobbit

Post by quithanire »

Thanks for the feedback and info. I take it you worked on the book, lol. Good stuff :D

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Make sure you send a PM to both myself and the Trolls so they're aware of the missing text.

quithanire
Skobbit

Post by quithanire »

Who me? I haven't been on the board long enough to know who is who...