Haunted Highlands -- Where in Ahirde?

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Haunted Highlands -- Where in Ahirde?

Post by Snoring Rock »

So I am thinking of starting a campaign in Airhde. I like the setting and the sheer size. Unlike the Wilderlands, it does not have all the fiddly bits and tiny intermingled parts that allow you to insert what you want where. This setting lets you invent what you want there.

That said, if you run Aihrde, where did you place the Haunted Highlands? I think the flavor is perfect for Aihrde but have not found a place I like yet.

Any ideas?

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Haunted Highlands -- Where in Ahirde?

Post by Omote »

The "north." I know that is a faily generic answer, but in the maps of The Cradle, there just doesn;t seem to be a place to incorporate the HH. If you look at the newest Peter Bradley maps of the setting, his style of art goes really well with placing the haunted highlands in the north central plans/hill regions. I think the descriptions of all of the northern territories are sparse enough to incorporate in any of these regions with little difficulty. However, the gods of the HH are definitely different than Aihrde. You could always just gloss that over.

I wonder where that Haunted Highlands box set is that was promised so long ago...

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Ok, so to what map/s by Peter do you refer? I have the two-piece PDF, east and west "cradle". I understand there is a 9-map or 300 DPI PDF of the setting. Is that what you mean? If so, is it better illustrated, more detailed? Is it worth it? If so I will get it.

Oh, Omote, I am in on the Paladin in Hell game Friday night right? I planned my TLG games and my Tegel around that.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Snoring Rock wrote:Ok, so to what map/s by Peter do you refer? I have the two-piece PDF, east and west "cradle". I understand there is a 9-map or 300 DPI PDF of the setting. Is that what you mean? If so, is it better illustrated, more detailed? Is it worth it? If so I will get it.
Yes, I am referring to that map. I do not have the digital version, but the humungo print version (in 9 pieces). It is much more detailed than the original 2-parter to which you refer. The artwork on the new one is beautiful. IMO the new maps make the Aihrde setting seem a bit too sparcely populated, but you cannot deny how beuatiful that map is.

Snoring Rock wrote:Oh, Omote, I am in on the Paladin in Hell game Friday night right? I planned my TLG games and my Tegel around that.
That's right. Paladin in Hell is happening, perhaps multiple nights, but Friday is one of them. Now, we just need to find a place to play. ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Omote wrote:
Snoring Rock wrote:Oh, Omote, I am in on the Paladin in Hell game Friday night right? I planned my TLG games and my Tegel around that.
That's right. Paladin in Hell is happening, perhaps multiple nights, but Friday is one of them. Now, we just need to find a place to play. ;)

~O
Yeah, I'd like to get in on that action, too, hoss!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I put it in Eisenheim.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Tree, dude...elaborate, why did you choose Eisenheim? I had never considered that. I was looking the river ssytem, but is is so small it would not show on that map at that scale anyway. But I want your reasoning....

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Snoring Rock wrote:Tree, dude...elaborate, why did you choose Eisenheim? I had never considered that. I was looking the river ssytem, but is is so small it would not show on that map at that scale anyway. But I want your reasoning....
I think you need to get the nice new map. Also realize the scale has never really been set in stone for Aihrde, so you decide how big Aihrde is.

As to why I put it there, it had forests, rivers, mountains to the east, and a big body of water to the west, and the Trolls haven't really developed it. Plus its a nice long ways from the areas used by other modules.

So it is nice and isolated from the areas my players have other PC's active in, and had plenty of geographical variety to fit the modules in.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Lord Dynel wrote:
Omote wrote:

~O
Yeah, I'd like to get in on that action, too, hoss!
You know it!

And as a manner of all things Crusader, each one of you, should you attend GenCon, is invited to this game as well. Of course, first come, first serve. I'm not sure I can run Snoring Rock's or Troll Lord Steve's epic 15+ person games! Sheesh.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

KaDoosh!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Aw yeah. Ka...DOOSH!

~O
VAE VICTUS!