DB2 The Crater of Umeshti

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
Bowbe
Red Cap

Dro Mandras

Post by Bowbe »

Just Turned in the MS for this like a minute ago.

City adventures in a besieged city. Fun Fun Fun

Case

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

YOU BASTARD!!! Yeah, I said you Bowbe. *points*

How is it that you can tease us with your... "oooh, ooooh, shiney" tidbits, yet we'll have to wait 6-12 months for the turn around time?!?! Huh, huh.

What do you have to say for yourself?

GRR!

................................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Akrasia

Post by Akrasia »

The DB series is proving to be my favourite C&C module series. Nice work, Casey/Bowbe.

8)
Omote wrote:
... but characters going into the Crater of Umeshti directly from the DB1 module will need a few extra levels of experience. The Crater would be very difficult for 1-3rd level adventurers.

I'm a bit confused by this. Isn't DB1 mainly for PCs levels 4+? I recall most of the adventure areas recommending parties in the 4-7 level range.

Also one criticism: the maps in DB2 are way too small!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

All I know, from experience, the Troll Lords in the Dirty Bowbe area are a bit much for level 5 PCs... even with +2 weapons. I got lucky and took one down for about 30 seconds (I made a called shot to its head with a giantslayer sword and rolled a natural 20,) or just enough to escape, but the bastard killed off the halfling... right before I had my roll, so that whole scene was quite dramatic. If I'd failed, the thing would've killed all of us... and there were two more coming!

I'm thinking we weren't supposed to fight them quite yet. :) But, now... I know they exist, and I'm gonna hunt every one of them down and put it into my form of misery. Bastards.

Fun stuff though!

bushfire

Post by bushfire »

Akrasia wrote:
Also one criticism: the maps in DB2 are way too small!

I agree, the maps in the PDF are almost impossible to read. I tried enlarging them, which made the room numbers really impossible to see clearly
My only solution would be to print them out and re-label *every* room on the maps in order to actually use this module.

Is there any way to get a hi-res version of these maps to download?

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Since the HH seems to be a new staple how about offering a poster map for sale?

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06